Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catharina said:
Has anyone checked the other royal houses' websites to see if they've announced more godparents..?

If they're all announcing they're going to be godparents, the Swedish court might as well just publish the list.

It's a shame that other houses announce godparent/s before the Swedish do especially since its their big day.

WA is an excellent choice and expected. As Estella is a heir to the throne, I wish & hope to see her godparents all real blood royalty, if not royalty then I hope it is someone from Daniels side.

Which time will the godparent-list be published?

do you think Prince Haakon will be a god parent??

dazzling said:
It's a shame that other houses announce godparent/s before the Swedish do especially since its their big day.

WA is an excellent choice and expected. As Estella is a heir to the throne, I wish & hope to see her godparents all real blood royalty, if not royalty then I hope it is someone from Daniels side.

It would seem only the Dutch royal house has this problem. If I remember correctly they announced that Amalia would be a flower girl for the wedding before the Swedish court had a chance to!

I just passed the royal palace on my way home. I live only 600 meters away from the palace :) There were a lot of lights through the windows from the guest apartments so there are a lot of royals here :)

A large tv studio has been built at Slottsbacken just outside the palace

My final god parent bid is

H.R.H The Crown Prince of Norway

H.R.H The Crown Princess of Denmark

H.R.H The Prince of Oranije (willem-alexander)

H.R.H Prince Carl Philip

Baroness Helene Silfverschiöld

Mrs Anna Westling Söderström

Last edited:
I bet CP Wilhem-Alexander is very happy at being Princess Estelle's godfather, is this his 1st godchild?

at the moment i am absolutely sure about cp WA and cp Haakon (this one is just my opinion;)), i was hoping to see Caroline Krueger instead of Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip!

I bet CP Wilhem-Alexander is very happy at being Princess Estelle's godfather, is this his 1st godchild?

:previous:
Nope, this is not his first godchild, he is godfather for I think two children of his brothers and to some of his close friends :)

Final guess:
The Prince of Orange
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Prince Carl Philip
Anna Westling Söderström
Caroline Kreuger

Confirmed godparents for baby Estelle;

Prince of Orange, Princess Mary, Prince Haakon, Prince Carl Philip and Anna Westling

Lumutqueen said:
Confirmed godparents for baby Estelle;

Prince of Orange, Princess Mary, Prince Haakon, Prince Carl Philip and Anna Westling

Yeahhh i got 5 right :-D

I just love that Mary is a godmother. Not because I'm a huge fan or something, but because some people were swearing up and down that the "Mary" in Estelle's name was no indication, coming up with outlandish explanations for it, and that there was no way Mary would be a godmother. :D

Last edited:
Me too! It was quite obvious that Mary would be godmother when Vic is Christian's godmother and gave Estelle the additional Mary.

I guessed right too; then again, the choices were pretty obvious.
Glad to see Mary as a royal godparent; am I right in thinking Estelle is the first future Monarch she is godmother to?

Glad to see Mary as a royal godparent; am I right in thinking Estelle is the first future Monarch she is godmother to?
Yes, but the future Norwegian, Dutch and Belgian queens were all born before Mary became crown princess.

Yes, but the future Norwegian, Dutch and Belgian queens were all born before Mary became crown princess.
But the christening of the future dutch Queen was one montha after her Wedding and the one of the future norwegian Queen one month before her Wedding.
From the married in Crown Princesses only Mary and Mette-Marit are a godparent to a future monarch.

But the christening of the future dutch Queen was one montha after her Wedding and the one of the future norwegian Queen one month before her Wedding.
Yes, but how well did the Dutch and Norwegian crown princely couples know Mary at the time, I don't think the parents would have chosen someone they didn't know very well as a godparent.

As the godparents have been announced and the christening is over, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom