The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

Originally Posted by MarNoe (Under threat of festivities for the 40 years anniversary!!)
Did anyone else notice - or is it just me - but does it look like Daniel's father has lost quite a bit of weight.

I react rather late and believe my comment now fits better here. The comment on the loss of weight of Olle W is correct, I think. Chris gave me also the impression of having lost weight. There must be a fitness room at Haga, and Daniel is probably taking care of the welbeing of everyone in the family!

Old 09-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
Originally Posted by MarNoe (Under threat of festivities for the 40 years anniversary!!)
Did anyone else notice - or is it just me - but does it look like Daniel's father has lost quite a bit of weight.

I react rather late and believe my comment now fits better here. The comment on the loss of weight of Olle W is correct, I think. Chris gave me also the impression of having lost weight. There must be a fitness room at Haga, and Daniel is probably taking care of the welbeing of everyone in the family!

Good on him!! I love Daniel.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

According to Svensk Damtidning, Daniel and Carl Philip play floorball together with some of their friends at least once a week.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

Yes he is found of floorball, he mentioned that in his interview after the recent kids' sport day at Haga park
Old 09-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel will deliver the first "Prince Daniel's grant for the most promising young researchers" on 7th October.
Heart-Lung Foundation wants to promote regrowth of young researchers. We are proud that for the first time to award research grant of SEK 6 million to very promising young researchers in the heart and lung research.
The funds will be distributed by Heart-Lung Foundation's Honorary Member HRH Prince Daniel.
Utdelning av Prins Daniels forskningsanslag Hjärt-Lungfonden
Translation
Old 09-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel will deliver the first "Prince Daniel's grant for the most promising young researchers" on 7th October.
Heart-Lung Foundation wants to promote regrowth of young researchers. We are proud that for the first time to award research grant of SEK 6 million to very promising young researchers in the heart and lung research.
The funds will be distributed by Heart-Lung Foundation's Honorary Member HRH Prince Daniel.
Utdelning av Prins Daniels forskningsanslag Hjärt-Lungfonden
Translation

He is one of the hardest working royals ever.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel arrived this morning to his visit at Bolagsverket (Swedish Companies Registration Office) in Sundsvall. Also governor Bo Källstrand participates at the visit.
Här anländer Prins Daniel till Sundsvall - Sundsvall - www.dagbladet.se

Daniel said that he had had contact with the Swedish Companies Registration Office, as a businessman. The contact went well and you lived up to your core values​​.
During the tour the Prince asked many questions and he stopped spontaneously several times and talked in a relaxed atmosphere with our employees.
- The prince was easygoing, friendly, inquisitive and natural, commented Theresa Kjellberg from the registry department .
Prinsglans över Bolagsverket - Bolagsverket

Video:
Prinsen kom till Sundsvall SVT Play
Old 10-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

About Daniel's visit to Åland on 10th October:

The prince will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the Åland society from many perspectives. The program includes a visit to Åland Parliament with information about Åland autonomy, demilitarization and Åland industry. Prince Daniel visits also the Åland Sjöfarts Museum (Maritime Museum). Prince Daniel has a special commitment to entrepreneurship and visits even business seminar "Framstegen" for young entrepreneurs to Alandica culture and congress and company Carus Ltd.
Photo opportunities arranged for the media by the Parliament of Åland, the Maritime Museum and Alandica Culture and Congress.
Ålands lagting H.K.H. Prins Daniels besök på Åland
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel presented just Heart-Lung Foundation's first Prince Daniel's Grant for Particularly Promising Young Researchers. The grant, 6 million SEK, was given to professor Fredrik Bäckhed from the Sahlgrenska Adacemy at the University of Gothenburg.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...08292740_n.jpg

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Hjärt-Lungfonden - Prins Daniel delade ut 6 miljoner till forskning om tarmflorans... - Mynewsdesk
Translation

Prins Daniel delade ut Hjärt-Lungfondens forskningsanslag till ung lovande forskare - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Daniel held a great speech when delivering the grant
H.K.H. Prins Daniels tal vid utdelningen av Prins Daniels anslag för yngre lovande forskare , måndagen den 7 oktober 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 10-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Glad to read about another successful engagement of Daniel!! He looked great, and hold a well thought speech.

I think this time he has new glasses: they seem to contain several colours, instead of only black, and are lighter??! or just an impression?
Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Glad to read about another successful engagement of Daniel!! He looked great, and hold a well thought speech.

I think this time he has new glasses: they seem to contain several colours, instead of only black, and are lighter??! or just an impression?
Yes, they seem to be new, you can see them better on this video
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/i...e-ut-miljoner/
Daniel joked that "Great to see that a research grant for young researchers goes to someone born 73".
Skämtsam prins Daniel delade ut miljoner Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I think you might be correct. They do look different, lighter in color. Almost tortoise shell in appearance. Very nice. Also, he seems so animated and engaged during his speech, great engagement. Daniel is such a delight to watch.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video from Monday

Prins Daniel uppmärksammade unga forskare Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel arrived in the morning to his visit in Åland, Finland. The weather was bad and the flight was a little late.
Hyväntuulinen Prinssi Daniel saapui Ahvenanmaalle - katso kuvat! Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi

Daniel was welcomed by the Speaker of the Parliament and the governor
23 journalists (from Svensk Damtidning, from a flight company magazine, finnish MTV3, Iltalehti and others) follow the visit.
Prinsen har landat - Ålandstidningen

When Daniel posed for the media, MTV3's reporter asked if Daniel wanted to say something to the media, and Daniel said: It is nice to be here.
http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/kuninkaall...013/10/1817539

According to the finnish press Daniel was in a good mood and had some small talk with the reporters. Video
http://www.seiska.fi/Viihdeuutiset/P...-video/1019907

Daniel visited Åland Parliament House and got information about autonomy, demilitarization and on the Åland economy. He visited the Maritime Museum and entrepreneurial seminar "Framstegen" at the Alandica culture and congress. In Alandica he got short presentation about production company Naive, fitness company Träningsverket and Pub Stallhagen. Daniel visited also maritime technology company Carus. Daniel was accompanied by the Head of Victoria's Household Karolin A. Johansson and the director of the press department Bertil Ternert.

En glad prins i Mariehamn Vimmelprinsessan
Translation

Prins Daniel äter lunch och pressen får rundtur i Mariehamn Vimmelprinsessan
Translation

Gallery
Prinssi Daniel vieraili Ahvenanmaalla Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Old 10-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Its good to see Daniel out and about, carrying out engagements independently, and building up a place for himself in the SRF machine. Well done.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

At the Maritime Museum Daniel climbed to the mast of a sailing ship.
Näin kiipeilee prinssi Daniel - Anne Tahvolainen - Käyttäjiltä - SeiskaLive

Daniel met in Åland his friend football player Mattias Wiklöf, he plays at Marieham IFK. Mattias came to meet Daniel to the Maritime Museum. They became friends when they were children and lived in the same street and played ice hockey at the same team. They talked quite a while and hugged in the end. Mattias said that talked about everything. For example, about his brother who has just been ill. He had met Daniel after last Christmas during the holidays. When they meet, they always play floor ball, and Daniel still hates losing, like when they were young.
Mattias was also asked how they spent their time at a young age. He said that Daniel didn't drink beer when they were young.
Lapsuudenystävä Prinssi Daniel ei juopotellut nuorena - Anne Tahvolainen - Käyttäjiltä - SeiskaLive

From the Facebook of the government of Åland
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...68338104_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...51436461_n.jpg

Video
Yle Nyheter TV-nytt Prins Daniel besöker Åland Tv Areena yle.fi

Gallery
All Over Press Finland

http://static.uutisaalto.fi/images/2...55106_full.jpg
http://static.uutisaalto.fi/images/2...31891_full.jpg
http://static.uutisaalto.fi/images/2...17515_full.jpg

Margareta Heed from Svensk Damtidning writes: "I wish you all could see what a great job Prince Daniel does when he represents the Royal Court. He is curious and well-read, playful, happy and friendly. As if he was born into the role of prince! The prince told by the way that he was very happy about the visit to the lovely Åland people".
Prinsens dag bakom kulisserna Vimmelprinsessan
Translation

Prins Daniel besökte Åland - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

MTV3's reporter asked about Daniel of his finnish roots, some of his ancestors were forest finnis who moved from Finland to Sweden in 1600's. Daniel said that he doesn't know very much about these roots yet but that he is very happy that he has finnish ancestors.

A large gallery from Ålandstidningen
Ålandstidningen - Fler bilder på nätet (408 visningar)

From Hufvudstadsbladet/Åland24 video:
Photographer Natalia Mikkola gave some of her photos to Daniel, she said that she thinks one of the photos would be nice for a child's room. Daniel's friend Mattias Wiklöf said that Daniel is 6 years older than him but they became friends while playing at the same icehockey team. He thinks that Daniel hasn't changed at all after he became a prince. The director Hanna Hagmark-Cooper of the Maritime Museum said that it was great that Daniel took the challenge and climbed to the mast, the director does it often, but not with so much media as this time. She told also that she and Daniel had a nice conversation about children's books. Daniel said that he has learned a lot about the history of Åland, how they have been dependent of the sea and maritime industry and how important it still is. Daniel was asked if he was a boat person himself, and Daniel laughed that he has a small boat, it certainly isn't a ship. Speaker Britt Lundberg was very satisfied with the day, everything has gone really well, the prince is a very thankful guest. She says that she feels that there might become a tradition that Åland gets guests from the Royal Family. Daniel was like she had thought: very nice, easy to talk to, well informed and very interested in Åland. She thinks that Åland interests the Royal Family because there lives a lot of swedish speaking people and because it's autonomy. The speaker is also happy about the big media interest in the visit of Daniel.
Prins Daniel besöker Åland Hbl.fi
Old 10-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel got a special champagne bottle as a gift from Silverskär in Åland.

In July 2010 a group of divers found the world´s oldest champagne in a shipwreck in the southern part of Åland´s archipelago. The shipwreck champagne was well preserved, and of sensationally good quality thanks to ideal conditions at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. The storage conditions by Silverskär are similar to the ones by the shipwreck, and since 2011 Silverskär also stores champagne in a large cage at the sea bottom. "Le Grand Cage" weighs 370 kilos empty, and a total amount of 450 bottles can be stored in the cage.
The divers of Silverskär will dive and get Daniel's bottle to him when he wants to get it.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...84798489_n.jpg

One more gallery
Nya Åland bildgalleri - H.K.H Prins Daniel besöker Åland

Great photo of Daniel at the mast at the Maritime Museum
http://www.bekia.es/images/galeria/4...isla-oland.jpg
Old 10-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel this evening at the FIFA World Cup qualifier Sweden-Germany, at Friends Arena. He sits at the same box as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who took a tactical yellow card in last match and misses now this but can play at the important play off games. The old man beside Daniel is Kurt Hamrin, a former footballer, who played mostly in Italy.
http://media.shootitlive.com/BCKTalh...tonbladet/1724
http://media.shootitlive.com/T9YiTct...expressen/1183
http://media.shootitlive.com/G4r8HJL...expressen/1183
http://media.shootitlive.com/XKL28O3...expressen/1183
And Sweden leads 1-0
http://media.shootitlive.com/Za8TjRa...tonbladet/1724
But in the end Sweden lost to Germany 3-5.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

This week's Svensk Damtidning has an article about Daniel's trip to Åland
Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning. It is a page that quotes articles of the swedish newspapers and magazines.

The article tells that inside the Maritime museum the director says that the prince will get to climb the mast. Prince Daniel climbed happily up and joked that "a fall here would have been a good media news."
And when they were returning, at the plane the hostess becomes nervous when she has to go through security and says that Daniel makes her nervous. He counters with a "you are doing great," and a smile.
En dag i prins Daniels liv Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Tags
prince daniel