Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel's Wedding Clothes

Does anyone know what Daniel will be wearing for the wedding? Will he be wearing any sort of uniform or will he be in a tuxedo or another form of formal wear? Thank you.

Does anyone know what Daniel will be wearing for the wedding? Will he be wearing any sort of uniform or will he be in a tuxedo or another form of formal wear? Thank you.

I think Daniel will wear a dark morning suit and white tie - not unlie Ari Behn's suit for his wedding to Princess Martha Louis.

The picture on the plate is really great but not fond of wedding plates! Wo is going to buy that??lol

All the rumors are saying that Pär Engsheden will design Victorias wedding dress, but I actually hope not because I don´t think he does the best looking dresses...

I wonder if the tiara Victoria is wearing in those photos, is the one she will wear on her big day?

It looks like she's wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara in these portraits, but I'd wager we'll see her in Empress Josephine's Cameo Tiara for the wedding. The Cameo is the same tiara that Queen Silvia wore to her wedding, so there's the "tradition" factor.

IMO, I wish she'd shake it up and choose something like the Fringe -- I like it much better than the Cameo. It's much more delicate.

Lysning - Receptions for Victoria and Daniel

• Sunday 30 May at 11 AM – lysning in the Royal Chapel followed by a reception
  • Tuesday 1 June 10 AM to noon – reception at the Royal Palace
  • Tuesday 1 June 2 PM to 4 PM – reception at the Royal Palace
  • Thursday 3 June 10 AM to noon – reception at the Royal Palace
All the best Mitchell

Swedish newspaper “Dalarnas Tidningar” reports that the pre-wedding gala concert will take place in the evening of June 18 at the Stockholm Concert House, the location of the annual Nobel Awards ceremony.

The concert, which will offer both popular and classical music to the accompaniment of the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra, will be broadcast live on Swedish TV channel SVT.
The wedding guests as well as cabinet ministers and Parliament members will be invited.

The list of performing artists is still a secret. Stefan Forsberg, concert director and artistic manager of the event, said: “I have an artistic take on things - there is no cavalcade of hit songs, but a mixed bag. There will be music hall entertainment, pop artists and performers involved in classical music.”

Swedish Parliament is giving the concert as a gift to the couple, just like the pre-wedding opera gala for Carl Gustaf and Silvia in 1976 was a gift from Parliament.
The 1976 concert took place at Stockhom’s Royal Opera... which is actually a far more beautiful location than the Concert House.
Link:
Artister hyllar Victoria och Daniel - Nöje - Dalarnas Tidningar

What will happen during all those receptions and other gatherings?
(I get the part abut the wedding ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
What will happen during all those receptions and other gatherings?
(I get the part abut the wedding ;) )
It has all been explained earlier in this thread.

It looks like she's wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara in these portraits, but I'd wager we'll see her in Empress Josephine's Cameo Tiara for the wedding. The Cameo is the same tiara that Queen Silvia wore to her wedding, so there's the "tradition" factor.

IMO, I wish she'd shake it up and choose something like the Fringe -- I like it much better than the Cameo. It's much more delicate.

Hmmm, I think, the "other" tradition factor would be, that Victoria will wear her mothers veil (this is a "real" tradition in the Swedisch RF, I guess, also Sybilla and the former Queen-to-be brides wore this veil). And if I remember the veil correctly, it is a very substancial one.... so this also needs a substancial tiara (which the cameo is). The Fringe or the Forget-me-not Tiara would be tooo delicate for the veil IMHO.
Bye Bine

I hope this royal wedding brings a boost to Sweden's economy, even if only temporarily. :flowers:

I don´t think Princess Sibylla had the cameo tiara att her wedding but Queen Silvia, Princess Birgitta of Hohenzoellern and Princess Desiree Baroness Silfverschiöld had it.

Hmmm, I think, the "other" tradition factor would be, that Victoria will wear her mothers veil (this is a "real" tradition in the Swedisch RF, I guess, also Sybilla and the former Queen-to-be brides wore this veil). And if I remember the veil correctly, it is a very substancial one.... so this also needs a substancial tiara (which the cameo is). The Fringe or the Forget-me-not Tiara would be tooo delicate for the veil IMHO.
Bye Bine

Just curious: which tiara is the "Forget-me-not" tiara? I never heard that name before....
And I agree about the viel: it needs a substancial tiara! (But Birgitta and Desirée wore the cameo tiara togehter with other viels (or they had the same, but not the same as Silvia - if you know what I mean :))

Just curious: which tiara is the "Forget-me-not" tiara? I never heard that name before....
And I agree about the viel: it needs a substancial tiara! (But Birgitta and Desirée wore the cameo tiara togehter with other viels (or they had the same, but not the same as Silvia - if you know what I mean :))

Princess Birgitta wore a tull veil and Princess Désirée wore the same Veil as Queen Silvia but with a tull Veil over parts of it.

Swedish newspaper “Dalarnas Tidningar” reports that the pre-wedding gala concert will take place in the evening of June 18 at the Stockholm Concert House, the location of the annual Nobel Awards ceremony.

The concert, which will offer both popular and classical music to the accompaniment of the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra, will be broadcast live on Swedish TV channel SVT.
The wedding guests as well as cabinet ministers and Parliament members will be invited.

The list of performing artists is still a secret. Stefan Forsberg, concert director and artistic manager of the event, said: “I have an artistic take on things - there is no cavalcade of hit songs, but a mixed bag. There will be music hall entertainment, pop artists and performers involved in classical music.”

Swedish Parliament is giving the concert as a gift to the couple, just like the pre-wedding opera gala for Carl Gustaf and Silvia in 1976 was a gift from Parliament.
The 1976 concert took place at Stockhom’s Royal Opera... which is actually a far more beautiful location than the Concert House.
Link:

Will Swedish performers appear in concert?

Link:

And will it be a tiara event? The pre-wedding opera gala for Silvia & Carl Gustav was one.... so I hope.....
BTW: it is not yet announced, whether the wedding will be a morning or an afternoon wedding? Or did I miss something?
BYe Bine

It has not been officially announced yet that whether it will be a morning or an afternoon wedding, but a few hints (like the caterer providing 'dinner' at the Palace, not lunch or brunch) point towards an afternoon wedding - fortunately.

I certainly hope that the concert will have a white tie & tiara dress code. If it would take place in the grander surroundings of the Royal Opera, it would almost be a given, but now I suppose we just have to wait and see.

To Guido: There is no information about the performers at the concert yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom