The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
I had a feeling they will choose this date....
Me too. It has nothing to do with the fact that CP Victorias parents (and then some couples) married that day. I just "felt" that they would pick that day as well.

I was all the way pretty sure they would get married before July 1st anyway, because of summervacations of all kind of guests who will be there.

I'll be glued to my TV that day.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Courtier

It's so nice that they finally chose a date! I still think that it's a little sad they don't marry in 2009, but okay... they chose a nice date.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Didn't they say during the announcement that the wedding wouldn't be until next year, or was I just dreaming?

I guess the other thing is that there wouldn't be much time to organise a royal wedding like this for this (northern) summer. This way there is plenty of time.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Royal Highness

I think 2010 is some sort of anniversary of the ruling house (200th?). It's probably easier to slip a lavish wedding in among the festivities than to have it a year earlier or later.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

The date has been set on june 19th 2010 at the Storkyrken as was announced by the Royal Palace today!
The wedding day of her parents who married on june 19th 1976,but in the Riddarholmskirkan

Official announcement at the Royal House website:

http://www.kungahuset.se/5.6b0698e91...880007338.html
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia Sommerlath got married in Storkyrkan - Riddarholmskyrkan is the church where many swedish royals are buried...
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Commoner

Wow, interesting info, Soli Deo Gloria.
I hope the marriage would be as successful and happy as her parents did.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I think 2010 is some sort of anniversary of the ruling house (200th?). It's probably easier to slip a lavish wedding in among the festivities than to have it a year earlier or later.
In 2010 it is 200 years that the french Marshall Jean Baptiste Berndaotte was elected as Crown princ of Sweden. He succeeded as King in 1818.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-25-2009, 06:19 AM
Nobility

Good news !
I'm very excited for this royal wedding, cant wait to see princess Victoria married !
Old 04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will live at Haga Palace.
The Swedish government announced on Thursday that it is to hand over the use of Haga Palace near Stockholm to Crown Princess Victoria.
Sweden gifts palace to Victoria and Daniel - The Local
Stockholm News: Government cedes palace to Crown Princess
Information about the Haga Palace and park at the website of the swedish Court:
Haga Park - Kungahuset
Photos of the Palace:
Göteborgs-Posten
Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

A very nice wedding present! The palace is quite beautiful.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet/Välkomna hem till Haga
More information about the Haga Palace.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Gentry

What a beautiful home. Apparently there is another Haga "castle" in Sweden but it is a hotel and not the future home of Victoria & Daniel. Their future home is one of several on the Haga estate. Here is some more info on the royal castle:
Haga Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hagaparken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another pic:http://www.dn.se/polopoly_fs/1.85064...2316252089.jpg
Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful will this be permenant or until she becomes Queen??
Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Beautiful will this be permenant or until she becomes Queen??
I guess this depends on how things would turn out.
It could easily be, that her father would be king for an other 30 years. And it depends on the number of children and their plans and the development of the Monarchy in general.
The government hasn´t set a time limit at least...
Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Royal Highness

future home for Victoria & Daniel
LA PRINCESA VICTORIA Y DANIEL WESTLING YA TIENEN CASA
Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria får fortsätta fira utan sin Daniel - Expressen.se
Nina Eldh, information chef ot the court, tells that Daniel Westling isn´t yet a member of the royal family, he will be only when he and crown princess Victoria will get married. That´s the reason Daniel can´t participate at the official events of the royal family. He can take part at Victoria´s birthday party in Öland, but Eldh says that it hasn´t been decided yet if Daniel will be there.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course he will be at the birthday. Imagine he wouldn´t. All the celebrations and reports would be about the absence...buhu, Daniel isn´t allowed to come...buhu...the king doesn´t like Daniel.
IMO Daniel could have been also there in his time as "boyfriend", but now it´s (at least pr-wise) a bit of a "must"

Protocol-wise there is no rule, that a fiancé(e) can´t be at duties.
Since the engagement time is so long and since Daniel has his business still, I can perfectly see, why he isn´t at every duty now...but later (let´s say start of 2010) it wouldn´t be too bad, if he would perform some well-chosen duties with Victoria...but this court spokeswoman is excluding it so rigidly...not wise IMO (a masterpiece of diplomacy, she never was. The RF would better get rid of her in time of the wedding. It would be the very best, if ETW would come back. This one was smart, and had a very subtle sense of humour)

Aftonbladet has today an article about the "absence" of Daniel´s parents, who weren´t in an official engagement photo.
According to the spokeswoman mentioned above they are not interested in attention and wanna live their own life.
Fine...but I guess for the wedding, they need to come out of Ockelbo hole...and a little "training" pre-hand wouldn´t hurt IMO...
Väljer ”Svensson- liv” före slottet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think your right Lena. About both Daniel not being at the birthday and his parents. Yes i am sure they want to be left alone and out of the press but they have to realise there son is marrying the heir to the swedish throne that has to come with some responsibility.

If Daniel didn't attend the birthday celebrations the press would have a field day about his absent and of course he'll attend he's Victoria's Fiancee, she'll want him there.
x
Old 05-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Why would they pick June as the wedding of the month? I thought they would pick May. Is it not Victoria want a early summer wedding? So it should be in May not June.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Why would they pick June as the wedding of the month? I thought they would pick May. Is it not Victoria want a early summer wedding? So it should be in May not June.
Maybe there were schedule conflicts. They also have to work in the schedules of other royal families in order to make it easier for them to attend.