The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Gentry

whoa that church is amazing. I am excited to see the wedding. I heard somewhere that it was going to be 12 million, that seems crazy

Old 04-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Aristocracy

I would also prefer if Victoria walks down the aisle with Daniel and not with the King.

The father walking his daughter down the aisle is just hollywood kitsch to me. As it is the same with tossing the bridal bouquet and personal vows. To me that is not part of the tradition and i can't see why somebody should adopt it, if it is not part of the tradition in sweden.
Victoria is not a young bride with over 30. To show that she and Daniel are mature persons and their wedding is a mature and well-considered decision, they should go together. The father should be part of the audience, because he is not part of the marriage/agreement.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Several posts regarding the possible invited list of guests to the pre-wedding concert and who will/has designed Victoria's wedding gown have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-20222.html thread. Please remember this thread is for official information and news regarding the wedding.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Commoner

Greetings Fellow Wedding Fans! I know I never post on here, but certainly enjoy checking in from time to time to see all the fantastic photos you all collect. I have no idea how you find all the things out that you do, but it's appreciated. :)

So the greatly anticipated wedding is finally approaching and I'm curious if anyone here knows whether this will be broadcast on American TV? (We have hundreds of cable channels, surely one will cover it?!) Have googled around several times but come up empty-handed. :( How does one find out such a thing? Any ideas?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

I suspect that MSNBC will most likely air some live scenes "by the way there is a royal wedding going on in Sweden at the moment let's check it out"... As far as broadcasting the entire wedding like they did with Felipe and Letizia's wedding a few year back probably not. I assume they did that to cater the Hispanic/Latino audience.

Who knows they may just broadcast the entire thing totally unannounced. Like they do with everything
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPV_Rules View Post
Greetings Fellow Wedding Fans! I know I never post on here, but certainly enjoy checking in from time to time to see all the fantastic photos you all collect. I have no idea how you find all the things out that you do, but it's appreciated. :)

So the greatly anticipated wedding is finally approaching and I'm curious if anyone here knows whether this will be broadcast on American TV? (We have hundreds of cable channels, surely one will cover it?!) Have googled around several times but come up empty-handed. :( How does one find out such a thing? Any ideas?

I sincerely doubt the wedding will be broadcast in the United States. There's no reason. The wedding of Felipe and Letizia was broadcast on the Spanish networks, but that was more than likely to cater to the audience that would watch those networks. British royal weddings are broadcast, mostly because Americans have a fascination with them. I remember watching Edward and Sophie's wedding.

The news stations might mention something (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News) but that's it. Look for information on streams you can watch online -- that's what I'm going to do.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Courtier

I doubt it will be broadcasted live by major news stations. They might flash some parts of the wedding but not the entire ceremony. Royals are not famous in the US except for Grace Kelly and the British RF. I think we may have to just rely on the videos posted in YouTube and other sites. Does the RF release an updated wedding list of guests? Will all the crown couples of Europe attend the ceremony. I sure hope they will attend the wedding.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

Please pardon my ignorance but if the wedding is taking place at 15.30 in Sweden this is the same time here in the UK? And I'm assuming the best place to watch it would be on the internet.

6 weeks!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Please pardon my ignorance but if the wedding is taking place at 15.30 in Sweden this is the same time here in the UK? And I'm assuming the best place to watch it would be on the internet.

6 weeks!
Stockholm is an hour ahead of London. So i will be 14:30.
Yes possible the internet, I personally think it will only be covered by newspapers reporting on the attendance on Charles and Camilla.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

People can vote for the wedding medal of the people, there are three choices:
Kungligt bröllop - Mynthuset Sverige
Rösta fram Folkets bröllopsmedalj - Bröllopet - tv4.se
I don´t like either of them, Victoria doesn´t look good on any of them.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Gentry

Small pre-wedding talk on Swedish Forkvall.
Not much to reports since everything is top secret, hence why the media have turned their focus on Madeleine.

They talk about the church, the cake and say that they both have been involved with the commercial products making sure it's just right.

Nyhlén med det senaste inför det stora bröllopet - Förkväll - TV4 Play - tv4play.se
Old 05-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The last one might be appropriate for their 25th wedding anniversary. They look so much older in the third one.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Expressen, Daniel Westling had a part of his bachelor party this morning in the Haga Park, just a few kilometers from Haga Palace where Daniel and Victoria are moving after the wedding.
Daniel and his friends had a champagne breakfast at Stallmästaregården. They ate and had fun at breakfast served until 11 o'clock in the morning.
Daniel Westlings svensexa har börjat - Extra - Expressen Extra
Old 05-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I agree, all three look horrible.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Gentry

I picked the one where you can also see the castle. But I agree. None of these do them justice.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Courtier

I have been following the news of Victoria and Daniel with great interest. What is prompting my FIRST post is - has anyone found if the wedding will be shown over the internet? I have not had any TV service for many years. Does anyone out there know about internet coverage? Thank you.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Serene Highness

Hi, MarNoe and welcome!
I am sure, there will be Internet coverage of the wedding (live stream etc), for sure on svt.se and also on other webpages. But at the moment it is still a bit toooo early to provide you with a link ......
Bye Bine
Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Daniel´s bachelor party with Carola - sang Främling and drack champagne"
Expressen
Lady Gaga wanted to visit the famous music studio Cosmos yesterday. But she was denied access. The reason was Daniel's bachelor party. After the champagne breakfast Daniel´s friends took him to the studio to record a song with Carola Häggkvist. Daniel was a little nervous but easied up. He and Carola sang "Främling" with the friends as a choir. Expressen heard that Carola was impressed by the choir - and not least by Daniel himself. The gang left the studio at 14 o'clock. Expressen asked Carola, what did she sing for Daniel? Carola said, that you can speak to my press agent. I can understand that this is interesting, but...
Spelade in med Carola - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Gentry

I knew Carola would be involved somehow. Victoria has loved her for years and she's has a big fan in the King.
I'm really excited!

Could it be a wedding-gift for KP??
Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Jenny Alexandersson writes in her blog in Aftonbladet, that Daniel´s friends planned his bachelor party with Victoria. They consulted her of everything, considering that the party wouldn´t be too heavy for Daniel regarding his past serious illness.
Daniel Westlings svensexa - Aftonbladet har bilderna - Victoria var med i planeringen « Hovbloggen

Olle Häger has been chosen to make the pre-wedding interview of Victoria and Daniel
Han får göra första intervjun med brudparet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet