Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone will post a link to Swedish tv so we can watch on the internet.

i still think and i'll bet that Estelle will have more than 4 godparents, just because her mother, uncle and aunt had 4 each doesnt mean they will continue that pattern, besides Victoria has many close relashionship with many crown princes and their wives, making it dificult to choose which one till be for her daughter, so she might choose a crown princely couple (i'll bet on Frederik and Mary, althought i also wanted Mette-Marit too, she will be not because the court of Norway didnt announce her appearence on the christening, but at least Haakon will be)

Many in Germany are catholics, the faith of Silvias father are not as well known as his membership in a certain party. We also dont know what religion Silvia had prior to 1972
As Silvia's paternal uncle, Ernst Sommerlath, was a wellknown Lutheran priest and theolog, Ernst Sommerlath ,and took part in the wedding cermony of Silvia and Carl Gustav I doubt that Silvia's father was anything else than Lutheran. Silvia's mother on the other hand was Catholic.

not only to Frederik and Haakon, but with Willem-Alexander too.

Victoria also has other good royal friends like Felipe of Spain, Martha-Louise and Mathilde. im sure if she has at least 2/3 more children, we'll see them all as godparents, thats why im not to worried about Estelle's, just excited.

I notice the court has been quiet about the Aftonbladet article. The communications department is finally doing something right.

I think Estelle will have at least 6 godparents. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same number as chosen for both Christian, Ingrid Alexandra, and Catharina-Amalia.

Frederik and Mary
Haakon
Carl Philip
Anna Westling
Willem-Alexander
Philippe or Mathilde
one of Victoria's cousins from her father's side of the family or even, perhaps, one of her royal Aunts???

Nothing on the Dutch Royal calendar for Willem-Alexander or Maxima on 22nd, although Maxima has events on 23rd. I don't know if they've included Royal christenings as part of the agenda in the past, though.
Agenda - Het Koninklijk Huis
Yes, they have. Maxima's solo attendance at Sverre Magnus' christening was listed in the agenda (you can find it in the archive). That she would be godmother was announced a few days before the christening. But of course one could guess that already.
But there is always the possibility of being godfather/godmother without attending the christening (Frederik did not attend Ingrid Alexandra's christening, Felipe neither IA's nor Vincent's christening).

ricarda said:
Yes, they have. Maxima's solo attendance at Sverre Magnus' christening was listed in the agenda (you can find it in the archive). That she would be godmother was announced a few days before the christening. But of course one could guess that already.
But there is always the possibility of being godfather/godmother without attending the christening (Frederik did not attend Ingrid Alexandra's christening, Felipe neither IA's nor Vincent's christening).

And Queen Beatrix who is a godmother to Crown Princess Victoria did not attend her christening in 1977. I would be surprised if there is no godparent from the Netherlands as they have a "tradition" at least 2 generations back. King Carl Gustaf is not a godparent to W-A but Juliana was a godmother to Carl Gustaf, Beatrix is to Victoria and Victoria is to Catarina Amalia.

My guess,

Willem-Alexander,
Haakon,
Frederik,
one of Felipe or Pavlos or Guillaume
Madeleine,
Daniel's sister
one of Victoria's cousins and friends
Mary or Mette-Marit, maybe

Well, my final guess isn't really that different from the initial one:
- Prince Carl Philip
- Anna Soderstrom (Daniel's sister)
- Crown Prince Haakon
- Crown Princess Mary
- Crown Prince Willem-Alexander
- A friend of the couple's (Andrea Brodin, Baroness Sybilla Ambler von Dincklage, or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson)

Last edited:
Artemisia said:
Well, my final guess isn't really that different from the initial one:
- Prince Carl Philip
- Anna Soderstrom (Daniel's sister)
- Crown Prince Haakon
- Crown Princess Mary
- Crown Prince Willem-Alexander
- A friend of the couple's (Andrea Brodin, Baroness Sybilla Ambler von Dincklage, or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson)

That's the same as Aftonbladet predicts, with one addition. I also think that that's the most likely list although not sure about the friend. I hadn't thought about Sybilla before but it's possible: she's Victoria's cousin and Victoria is godmother to her daughter. I'm very excited for Tuesday!

Here is the link to the livestreaming of Tuesdays christening:
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play Beta This is a beta version of SVT Play, so I'm not sure if it's possible not watch it from abroad. It's said that the broadcast should be able to follow from abroad.
If it's not working try the original website:
www.svtplay.se go to "Livesändningar" at the frontpage and "Det Kungliga Dopet" to watch the broadcast.

I hope it will work!

Poolbabe said:
The Danish Royal Website,states that only The Royal Couple And Crown Princess Mary Will Be Travelling To Sweden For The Baptism.Therefore Maybe Mary Will Be Godmother?

Regentparret og Kronprinsparret deltager i barnedåben af H.K.H. Prinsesse Estelle i Slottskyrkan med efterfølgende reception på Stockholms Slott, Stockholm. - Kongehuset

Where does it say that? I don't speak Danish but I assume 'kronprinsparet' means both M and F? Unless I missed something?

Frederik not going i don't think.. the website only mentions The Royal Couple and Mary.

Poolbabe said:
Frederik not going i don't think.. the website only mentions The Royal Couple and Mary.

But the link you posted said the Regent and Crown Prince couples.

This Is The English Translation..THE ROYAL COUPLE AND CROWN PRINCESS PARTICIPATES IN THE BAPTISM OF HRH PRINCESS ESTELLE, AT. 12.00.

This Is The English Translation..THE ROYAL COUPLE AND CROWN PRINCESS PARTICIPATES IN THE BAPTISM OF HRH PRINCESS ESTELLE, AT. 12.00.
The correct translation is the Regent Couple and the Crown Prince Couple. They are all four going. :flowers:

The correct translation is the Regent Couple and the Crown Prince Couple. They are all four going. :flowers:
The Swedish royal court released the guestlist today and the Queen and Crown Prince couple are listed.

OK, in light of the guest list, Philippe, Mathilde and Guillaume could also be potential godparents.

Ah, I got him right too, but then again if they didn't choose WA as a godfather, it would surprise me.

Me too! :D
Seeing as there is a tradition of Dutch godparents for Swedish royals, it would be really surprising if Willem-Alexander or Maxima weren't selecting.

Quite remarkable that they confirm this on their website before the Swedish court has released the names.
The also confirmed Amalia as flowergirl at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding some time before the swedish Court did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom