Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
couldnt open the pictures of them walking in the park.

Congrats

I wish to congratulate HRH The Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr Daniel Westling on their engagement.

Are there no suitable ROYALS, SERENES,or,ARISTOCRATS that the members of reigning European Royalty can marry? Almost every ROYAL seems to be getting married to a COMMONER.The last real royal wedding that I remember took place in 1999 when HSH The Princess Caroline of Monaco,heir presumptive,got married to HRH Prince Ernst-August of Hanover,Germany.(Caroline's mother was an American commoner,too!)

The last time an heir apparent to a European throne married a woman of equal rank was in 1993,when HSH The Crown Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and HRH Duchess Sophie of Bavaria,Germany,tied the knot.

In my book, ROYALTY should marry ROYALTY.Otherwise, I see no need them.Look at the DUTCH ROYALTY,for example,they are no longer "full' royalty. Most of them have married commoners.The same is true of all the children of the reigning Danish monarch.

Also, ROYALS who are in line of succession to the throne should lose their succession rights should they marry commoners.

Regards.

Aww those Pictures of them walking are So cute and Sweet they look adorable .

I wish to congratulate HRH The Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr Daniel Westling on their engagement.

Are there no suitable ROYALS, SERENES,or,ARISTOCRATS that the members of reigning European Royalty can marry? Almost every ROYAL seems to be getting married to a COMMONER.The last real royal wedding that I remember took place in 1999 when HSH The Princess Caroline of Monaco,heir presumptive,got married to HRH Prince Ernst-August of Hanover,Germany.(Caroline's mother was an American commoner,too!)

The last time an heir apparent to a European throne married a woman of equal rank was in 1993,when HSH The Crown Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and HRH Duchess Sophie of Bavaria,Germany,tied the knot.

In my book, ROYALTY should marry ROYALTY.Otherwise, I see no need them.Look at the DUTCH ROYALTY,for example,they are no longer "full' royalty. Most of them have married commoners.The same is true of all the children of the reigning Danish monarch.

Also, ROYALS who are in line of succession to the throne should lose their succession rights should they marry commoners.

Regards.

If Royalty would really marry Royalty and always would have (also some generations back they married nobles and not just Royalty...and not to start with the Royal children, whose biological father was a servant or a stable-lad :rolleyes:), couples would be genetically closer related than siblings...and mentally & physically handicapped in many ways and very ill.
Marrying your cousin, isn´t nsync with that, what science had taught us in the past 50 years.

Marrying high profile was a strategy of politics. E.g. the Habsburgs were going with the following saying:
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria nube
Trans:May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry

These days Europe is united and all Monarchies are led by elected governments. No need to gain power by marrying a powerful rich Royal out of an other country.

Royals, who behave like the Whiskey Mist gang and/or who are self tired of the job are a real threat for the Monarchies, but "commoners"...don´t think so. After all the president, who would follow in case of abolishment, most likely would be a commoner too ;)

If a country is wealthy, has no conflicts running...and if the Royals let their children grow in the public eye...and don´t behave like spoilt brats, who take their position for corruption, I don´t see a threat...

Regards.

I'm not sure you should be congratulating Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling on their engagement if your view is they shouldn't be getting married.

Looking at the ancestry of Victoria and going back to the first Bernadotte on the swedish throne I am not sure there is any swedish blood there. I welcome Daniel, first because I believe he will be an excellent husband to Victoria and a support and friend for life. Secondly I welcome him because it is about time we get swedish blood in the royal family. I personally would not have given the monarchy any more chances of surviving if Victoria had chosen a foreign husband, no matter how royal he may be. I believe Victoria's choice will prove to be an excellent one.

But there were two Bernadotte queens, Josephine of Leuchtenberg and Victoria of Baden, who had Swedish ancestry.

Looking at the ancestry of Victoria and going back to the first Bernadotte on the swedish throne I am not sure there is any swedish blood there. I welcome Daniel, first because I believe he will be an excellent husband to Victoria and a support and friend for life. Secondly I welcome him because it is about time we get swedish blood in the royal family. I personally would not have given the monarchy any more chances of surviving if Victoria had chosen a foreign husband, no matter how royal he may be. I believe Victoria's choice will prove to be an excellent one.

Swedish blood...didn´t know, that it exists. So we have blue blood and blue-yellow blood, interesting :p

Of course a Monarchy would have also survived a foreign man, if he would have had the right personality. Or it would have not survived, if the financial, political and economic circumstances wouldn´t have allowed it.
I can´t think of any example of a Monarchy, which got abolished, while the ppl were living all rosy lives with lots of wealth, happiness and democracy...

Commoners? Someone called us 'commoners'? At least here in Nordic countries even us commoners are so extremely royal that you don't need to look very far in our family trees to find nobles and royals by the dozen! :lol: I am quite sure I could trace my family all the way back to Charlemagne if I tried - and the people in between aren't exactly trash either! :D

Someone asked "aren't we all humans". Well, some of us are partly extraterrestial (and I refuse to comment this on my behalf) but I don't think we need to discuss that. Then of course there are those people who feel that the origins of royals are in the stars (or star systems) in which case we should really be asking questions like "should the shapeshifters be marrying common humans" or "how much alien DNA makes one a royal"... Maybe the "blue blood" should be called "green blood". :lol: :ROFLMAO:

To get back to the subject... Don't you just love how the Swedish newspapers come up with a new "Victoria & Daniel" -news story every day since the engagement? I'm hooked now on reading about the two going on walks, planning the wedding etc. Oh, and the newsstory today? The couple held another party to celebrate their engagement, the fourth so far... :rolleyes:

Victoria and Daniel celebrated their engagement last night - again. Daniel had rented the entire exclusive Opera Terrace for a lavish dinner.
Daniel had invited to the celebration a large part of Sweden's business elite - all members of Daniel Westlings exclusive gym Master Training.
Expressen/Här firar de - för fjärde dagen i rad
Daniel on his way to the party
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria arriving
ANP Beedbank

They celebrate a lot their engagement!!!!! it's great to see them so happy about that!!!

thank you for translating crown Princess victoria's and Daniels interview it was great to read all about it , Im so happy for them .

Thanks for the English translation! I'm really happy for both of them and Victoria will make a spectacular bride.:flowers::) She seems very very happy and I'm sure her parents are ,too.

Im glad at least this seems to be a Fairytail come true

The translation is much appreciated - what a wonderful event to look forward too!! Can't wait!!

Wonder when we shall see Daniel´s parents for the first time
I prefer all family members on a nice group photo like in Spain or Norway on occasion of such an event
But I can also imagine that his parents want to be in the limelight as little as possible

I do not like Daniel Westling very much, but if Crownprincess Victoria does really love him, I think it matters a lot.:D He'll be HER husband after all, not mine. :D In any case, I'm glad they're already engaged. Hope he could be a good, discrete consort.

And yes, I agree: it's a good thing he is Sweden. :flowers:

Vanesa.

Why don't you like Daniel Westling?

There are a lot of anti-Daniel Westlings for some odd reason.

Anyone is liked by certain persons and disliked by other persons. Daniel Westling is no exception to that fact of life.

I believe that was the usual sentiment on various internet forums whenever somebody married a royal heir. I suppose many royalists are more roman than the pope and wanted some nobleman?
Still, it seems the vast majority of Swedes is perfecty fine with the match, which is more important...

Back
Top Bottom