Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling: February 24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have read his title will be Prince Daniel, Duke of Vastergotland

wow!!this is a great news Congratulations to the couple,hope for them all the best.:flowers:

I saw the interview from the press conference at RTL Exklusiv at Victorias answers was "he proposed at Drottningholm, in the nature...... it was soooo beautiful!"
Nothing was said about that that happend already in summer, IMO it would be weird to wait until the end of February if you want to get married in spring, when that means that you have to wait until 2010.
I think he proposed a few days ago.

Thanks, jinigirl, for your reply. Tells a lot about the quality of Bunte ... :nonono:

Not sure if it happened a few days ago. Could have been just prior before he moved to the Drottingholm premises last year.

Thanks, jinigirl, for your reply. Tells a lot about the quality of Bunte ... :nonono:

Not sure if it happened a few days ago. Could have been just prior before he moved to the Drottingholm premises last year.
He moved to Drottningholm in July 2008, why should they wait for 8 month to announce the engagement. 2 or 3 weeks, maybe 1 month, that makes sense, but 8 month to announce the wedding, and than wait for 1 1/2 year to get married?!?

Afaik WA proposed to Maxima in the end of January 2001, and they'll get officially engaged in March 2001.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel and their families.

I wonder about the thoughts going through Daniel Collert's head today..

Mr. Westling would have not been my choice- but it was Victoria's choice and if he makes her happy and content....

The Queen had a fake smiled plastered over her face- am not sure if this is the result of any dislike of Daniel or the result of her latest "visit" back home...

I think both the King and Queen seemed a little awkward. Every now and then when they forgot to smile they seemed a bit unhappy. Then again, they both are always a bit nervous when they appear in public so it might just have been the situation altogether.

While it is true that the Queen used to be a commoner, she does take her role and position seriously. Maybe she feels she is a true royal, trained to her profession and perhaps slightly by blood. She was from a more upper class family than Daniel. I even remember reading her mother had some noble ancestry or something.

Even if the parents are not hundred percent happy with the choices their children make regarding spouses, there always comes a time when parents must simply comply and respect their choices. There's always a risk, no relationship is certain.

I wish V & D all the best! Does anyone know if there's a banquet or something tonight? I'd hate to think they got all dressed up for the press meeting and that was that. Just a dinner with the folks and head back home.

Daniel Westling told more details about the proposal, it happened at the winter:
- It was a lovely sunny day, the ice crunched so wonderful as it does on the Drottningholm occasionally.
- It was a fantastic atmosphere, I was well nervous. I was hoping for a yes, but I was not quite sure.
Crown Princess hesitated not the answer:
- It was a yes, yes, yes, Victoria said happily.​

Well, we must consider the era. People tend to want to live "together" these days before they marry- She also is facing a great amount of pressure to choose wisely- She will be queen, not crownprincess forever. Also, Sweden is not a country where people rush into marriages- like they do here, in the US. They try to make the right choice the first time. Why marry because people think you should and have to divorce a few years, and a few children into it? I'm very happy for Victoria- and hopefully this means Madeleine and CP can marry soon as well- since speculation is that at least one of them has been wanting to. :rolleyes:

that's great news!!!!!! Congratulations to the happy couple!
Does anyone know why they won't marry until 2010, it seems so far away to me!

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel!!! I wish them both the best!

They are so happy. Can anyone traslate some of press conference?

Congratulations to the Crown Princess and Daniel!! I'm sure they will be very happy!!

That well for them,to my I do not like much he, but she meets happy, congratulations, we will wait for the fabulous royal wedding in 2010

Photos:
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
I liked the press conference very much. They are a great couple, who suit each other very well. Daniel seemed very self-confident, open and warm-hearted person, and Victoria was so happy. The ring is very, very beautiful.

Some cute photos:
Belga
Belga
Belga

More:
Belga

Even if the parents are not hundred percent happy with the choices their children make regarding spouses, there always comes a time when parents must simply comply and respect their choices. There's always a risk, no relationship is certain.

There's an old saying, "there's no man good enough for a father's daughter."

I think that may be the case here. Especially since the King is not only looking at a future son-in-law but another addition to the royal family. Basically, the family business.

But I'm sure the King and Queen have accepted Daniel as a prince consort. Victoria doesn't seem to be the rebellious type, who would marry someone unfit to be a royal.

THAT IS SOOOO FASCINATING NEWS!!!!! FINALLLYYY!!!! I am HAPPy for them!

All the best wishes to the beautiful couple :twohearts: Congratulations!!

Congratulations one more time :flowers: Does anyone know if there's gonna be an engagement reception or a party for the other royals?If not today,at any time soon? :rolleyes: It would be nice to see almost all royals gathered in one place again ;)

According to the urban dictionary tjat I use when I dont understand American slangs it means:

Actually, "meathead" generally refers to someone who is very dumb -- as if they have nothing but a slab of meat for brains. It doesn't necessarily refer to someone obsessed with bodybuilding.

(For example, on the old U.S. sitcom All in the Family, Archie Bunker used to call his son-in-law "The Meathead" all the time.)

Either way, it's an unfair charge against Daniel. Anyone who can start as a personal trainer (with no college education or family support) and build a chain of gyms must be a pretty smart, entrepreneurial, and clever fellow.

Congratulations! :flowers:

I was so happy this morning when i heard the rumours on the radio and later on when it was confirmed. I saw the interwju live and i was impressed by Daniel i must say, he presented himself very well i think and handled the very difficult situation well - that was great to see.

Now i can´t wait for the wedding, i´m sure it will be an amazing cermony!

Congratulations. It was so awaited and has come so surprising.

I am so happy for them. I wish them all the best and hope that they will have many beautiful and happymaking children.

Are you also surprised?

I am still confused about his titles- Will he be a HRH or not?

Also, since Victoria is already Duchess of Vestragrotland how can Daniel be Duke? Is the King re-creating the title for Daniel or does he mean that Daniel will have the coutesy style of Dukes of Vastergotland.

Congratulations to the couple - i hope they have a successful marriage

Back
Top Bottom