The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Which 'development'? Heirs to the throne, Princes and Princesses of Royal Houses including the British, and a Swedish King have been marrying commoners for decades now.
I find the 'Guardian' article rather pompous in its high airs. There's hardly anything more 'common' than the heirs to the British throne stumbling out of nightclubs in the early morning hours, which I have no recollection of seeing any member of the allegedly 'lesser' Scandinavian Royal Family ever do.
Needless to say, Mr. Westling's current occupation is not personal trainer either but business man, co-owning his five Stoxkholm gyms, but what the heck.
It's funny when British columnists perpetuate the misguided view of the Windsor dynasty being in any way superior to their counterparts on the continent.
I agree completely with what you have said here Boris. The Guardian does come out with these tabloid pieces of rubbish sometimes and the journalist in this particular piece clearly hasn't done his research properly and is therefore not a properly qualified or experienced journalist. Unfortunately, most British newspapers appear to be anti-monarchy and not only look down upon the British royal family but other royal families too. I would have more respect for their points of view if the just came out openly with their desire for world-wide republicanism rather than write cheap jokes. One of the reasons I became interested in European royals (and laterly royalty around the world) was because of the common behaviour of the British royal family. I wanted to see if all royalty acted like this and found to my relief that the Scandinavian royals in particular carry out there business a little more seriously than some of the British!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Desirée (2nd L) and baron Niclas Silfverschiöld (4th L) arrive to the engagement party for Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling at the Drottningholm castle, on Friday evening
ANP Beeldbank
Daniel Westling's sister Anna and parents Eva and Olle arriving
ANP Beeldbank
Crown Princess Victorias friend Caroline Kreuger arriving to the party for friends, on Saturday
ANP Beeldbank
Daniel Westling leaves the Stallmästargården hotel after eating breakfast with crown princess Victoria, and his parents
ANP Beeldbank

Old 03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Here are some pics of the couple while enjoying a walk in the sourroundings of Drottningholm. I think they look very happy.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

I'm very happy to hear CP Victoria and Daniel are engaged. It's unfortunate there are some people who think he isn't good enough because he is a personal trainer. I have a lot of respect for people who start and operate their own businesses. Daniel's success as a young entrepreneur is a remarkable achievement. Micro- and small businesses are at the heart of most economies, and retail and service businesses have a higher failure rate than other industries. Not only that but being there are additional challenges faced by young entrepreneurs given their lack of experience, credit history, etc. I think it is irrelevant whether or not his status helped him get investors. He still had to put a lot of work to start, sustain, and grow his businesses. It takes a lot of hard work to run a business and I think the fact he has become a successful entrepreneur is a testament to his character, although I recognize other factors also contribute to business success. I think he will be a positive addition to the royal family.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to CP Victoria and Mr. Westling...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
I'm very happy to hear CP Victoria and Daniel are engaged. It's unfortunate there are some people who think he isn't good enough because he is a personal trainer. I have a lot of respect for people who start and operate their own businesses. Daniel's success as a young entrepreneur is a remarkable achievement. Micro- and small businesses are at the heart of most economies, and retail and service businesses have a higher failure rate than other industries. Not only that but being there are additional challenges faced by young entrepreneurs given their lack of experience, credit history, etc. I think it is irrelevant whether or not his status helped him get investors. He still had to put a lot of work to start, sustain, and grow his businesses. It takes a lot of hard work to run a business and I think the fact he has become a successful entrepreneur is a testament to his character, although I recognize other factors also contribute to business success. I think he will be a positive addition to the royal family.
I have nothing against Daniel at all. I think most of us already accepted him, when they only were dating. I for one was only waiting for them to finally take the next step, and I'm so glad, that they've finally gotten engaged now.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Nobility

In my local newspaper today: a picture of Hans Åström in a ermine cloak and with a crown on his head. Its an old picture because Hans Åström is retired now, but back in a few years he was called "the king of bandy" "The king of Sävstaås". Thats the reason to the picture.
Hans Åström is a famous bandy player (sports on ice), star of Bollnäs GIF (Sävstaås is BGIFs home ground) BIG in this part of the world (Hälsingland) AND he is a cousin of Daniel Westling... and the day the newspaper wrote about the engagement between the crown princess and mr Westling, they also had a word w Hans Åström... and he said (whit I suppose ) "We alredy have a king in the family, its about time we get a prince too...."
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 03-02-2009, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
I think he will be a positive addition to the royal family.
The way to live as a Royal has changed so much during the last century and so Royals, especially those who reign or will reign have different needs when it comes to their spouses than their ancestors. Edward VII. and his wife Alexandra of Denmark in 1909 could arrange themselves within their marriage without the intrusion of the media, without the need of the public of knowledge of their private life. Victoria of Sweden in 2009 lives a completely different life, so she does not need a prince for securing her bloodline but a real husband who is there for her, supports her and makes her life bearable on sharing the better and the worse things with her. In their interveiw she said that it was not love at first sight - which is good. So it wasn't the strong emotions that propelled them together but the love slowly growing out of freindship and the experience that one can rely on the other. For years both obviously found that they get what they really need from the other and that opened up their way towards the oath of "For better and for worse". And once Victoria and Daniel found this love based in friendship and trust, it didn't matter anymore that she is the future queen and he was once her fitness trainer. They are now an item and that's what the throne needs in the next generation and what Sweden needs. IMHO, of course.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for those new pics!!!
They seem to be very happy together!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Gosh two bodyguards and so near them??Why is that really necessary!!!
I found Crown Princes Victoria dress so old fashion for the ocassion!!! Very conservative and I know she is a very conservative person but she should dress a little bit more in fashion and modern!!! Congratulations to them they should be very happy!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Serene Highness

couldnt open the pictures of them walking in the park.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
couldnt open the pictures of them walking in the park.
Choose opnieuw zoeken and type "Westling" in.
The newspapers have pics out of the serie as well
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling på Drottningholm där han friade - på promenad i solskenet | Victoria gifter sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Här föll han ner på knä - Förlovningen - Expressen.se

Deras lycka vet inga gränser... Victoria fick uppleva frieriet på nytt! - Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the happy couple
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Congrats

I wish to congratulate HRH The Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr Daniel Westling on their engagement.

Are there no suitable ROYALS, SERENES,or,ARISTOCRATS that the members of reigning European Royalty can marry? Almost every ROYAL seems to be getting married to a COMMONER.The last real royal wedding that I remember took place in 1999 when HSH The Princess Caroline of Monaco,heir presumptive,got married to HRH Prince Ernst-August of Hanover,Germany.(Caroline's mother was an American commoner,too!)

The last time an heir apparent to a European throne married a woman of equal rank was in 1993,when HSH The Crown Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and HRH Duchess Sophie of Bavaria,Germany,tied the knot.

In my book, ROYALTY should marry ROYALTY.Otherwise, I see no need them.Look at the DUTCH ROYALTY,for example,they are no longer "full' royalty. Most of them have married commoners.The same is true of all the children of the reigning Danish monarch.

Also, ROYALS who are in line of succession to the throne should lose their succession rights should they marry commoners.

Regards.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

Aww those Pictures of them walking are So cute and Sweet they look adorable .
Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naledi View Post
I wish to congratulate HRH The Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr Daniel Westling on their engagement.

Are there no suitable ROYALS, SERENES,or,ARISTOCRATS that the members of reigning European Royalty can marry? Almost every ROYAL seems to be getting married to a COMMONER.The last real royal wedding that I remember took place in 1999 when HSH The Princess Caroline of Monaco,heir presumptive,got married to HRH Prince Ernst-August of Hanover,Germany.(Caroline's mother was an American commoner,too!)

The last time an heir apparent to a European throne married a woman of equal rank was in 1993,when HSH The Crown Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and HRH Duchess Sophie of Bavaria,Germany,tied the knot.

In my book, ROYALTY should marry ROYALTY.Otherwise, I see no need them.Look at the DUTCH ROYALTY,for example,they are no longer "full' royalty. Most of them have married commoners.The same is true of all the children of the reigning Danish monarch.

Also, ROYALS who are in line of succession to the throne should lose their succession rights should they marry commoners.

Regards.
If Royalty would really marry Royalty and always would have (also some generations back they married nobles and not just Royalty...and not to start with the Royal children, whose biological father was a servant or a stable-lad ), couples would be genetically closer related than siblings...and mentally & physically handicapped in many ways and very ill.
Marrying your cousin, isn´t nsync with that, what science had taught us in the past 50 years.

Marrying high profile was a strategy of politics. E.g. the Habsburgs were going with the following saying:
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Austria nube
Trans:May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry

These days Europe is united and all Monarchies are led by elected governments. No need to gain power by marrying a powerful rich Royal out of an other country.

Royals, who behave like the Whiskey Mist gang and/or who are self tired of the job are a real threat for the Monarchies, but "commoners"...don´t think so. After all the president, who would follow in case of abolishment, most likely would be a commoner too

If a country is wealthy, has no conflicts running...and if the Royals let their children grow in the public eye...and don´t behave like spoilt brats, who take their position for corruption, I don´t see a threat...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naledi View Post

Regards.
I'm not sure you should be congratulating Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling on their engagement if your view is they shouldn't be getting married.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hola!/LA CENA DE COMPROMISO DE LA PRINCESA VICTORIA Y SU PROMETIDO, DANIEL WESTLING, Y SU PRIMERA SALIDA JUNTOS TRAS EL ANUNCIO DE BODA
Old 03-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looking at the ancestry of Victoria and going back to the first Bernadotte on the swedish throne I am not sure there is any swedish blood there. I welcome Daniel, first because I believe he will be an excellent husband to Victoria and a support and friend for life. Secondly I welcome him because it is about time we get swedish blood in the royal family. I personally would not have given the monarchy any more chances of surviving if Victoria had chosen a foreign husband, no matter how royal he may be. I believe Victoria's choice will prove to be an excellent one.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Serene Highness

But there were two Bernadotte queens, Josephine of Leuchtenberg and Victoria of Baden, who had Swedish ancestry.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, engagement