Daniel Westling moves into Drottningholm: June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those pictures Lena, the house looks very nice indeed but to live so close to your in-laws might be far from ideal for many ;). The article said he rented two rooms and a kitchen so I suppose the house is split & he shares it with the staff?

Is it expected that Victoria keeps on living in the place she has now or are there some empty villa's or small palaces left for her? Maybe the one of Princess Sibilla (or does princess Christina live there now?).

There are quite a few places where Victoria and Daniel can live. There are a couple of royal palaces to choose from, like Tullgarn, Ulriksdal. The haga palace where the king grew up is not that likely i think - the goverment use that now for housing guests. They could always move in to an apartment in the Royal palace in the city but i doub´t that they want to live there - there is not any real gardens and the palace is partly open for public and they will have their offices there so maybe they don´t want to live and work at the same place. I belive that they will live at Drottningholm - atleast when they get children - and that the King and Queen will move out. But first we must have an wedding...

Then the cynical part of me would suggest that perhaps the Palace "leaked" the information to get some feedback about how the Swedes would accept this. In any case, Daniel is getting closer.....
As Queen Sofia had said once, Parents fight their childrens' choices if they disagree with them but once it is a done deal they must do all they can to preserve the unity of the couple.
No need to leak anything. Sweden has a failproof system of keeping track of where everyone lives and the records are public. If you live anywhere else besides where you are "written" the big brother will find you - even if you are living with the crown princess.

I really think it is to see Swedes reaction, in short test the water

that's great! it sounds like an engagement is on the way... :)

ruthieviews

It may be that moving Daniel Westling to Drottningholm will solve several problems. It will allow them to spend time together without intrusion by the press. It will also improve the security situation. Having a boyfriend who has an apartment in the city and spends time at her place when she is in town, creates a difficult security problem for them. It is worse when she spends time at his place. With both of them living on the grounds of Drottningholm, it will reduce these problems considerably. CP Victoria seems to appear every week at some sort of function. Unlike many other countries, the Swedish people are very protective of the Royal Family, but seem to give them a lot of privacy and freedom in their personal lives. Unfortunately, there are many terrorists in the world today who consider all government officials and royals fair game.

One question. Do future consorts have to divest themselves of all businesses and financial connections before marrying? If they do, it is a heavy burden on the intended consort. Many royals have businesses, investments, and money producing enterprises that they have cleverly developed over the years. Is it fair to ask them to just dump everything and become a pauper in order to marry someone destined for the throne. The fact that Daniel Westling is expanding his fitness empire and is a partner in a huge development in Brazil, could be the reason they have not married. He stands to make millions in the near future. Maybe they plan to wait until he can cash out in the millions instead of right now.

But until he would cash out the millions, even the last egg have his girlfriend would have shrinked down ;)
I don´t see a problem in being a prince and doing investment projects as this in Brazil...after all the king does also act in the world of business and investment...

I don't see the big deal about5 it either but apparently it could be taken as a conflict of interest.

Well, I dont know how the new living arangements/possible engagement will effect his participation in the business world, but there is one thing I have an opinion on...

Well, it seems that there is finally some action. First the appearance of Daniel in Denmark and now this. It gives some expectations of an engagement in the near future.

As soon as I heard that he was moving in I assumed that there would be an engagement announced at some time, probably before the end of the year. I mean, we live in a modern society, but I do not think that TM'ies would have allowed an arrangement like this otherwise.

I guess it just my opinion and that only time will tell tho...

Well, call me old fashioned but I wish there was some sort of an engagment announcement before such an arrangement was established. However, maybe this is good for Daniel to really see Victoria's life in a different perspective. Maybe he can see if he can live like royalty or not. Once and for all.

I'm not really sure what to think. In a way, I'm thinking the way the media is presenting: they are now more officially living together. But in another way, I feel like this is all being made out to be more then it really is. None of us know the exact feelings on either side or the exact reasoning behind this new arrangement.

The latest Point De Vue to arrive here has a large section devoted to those couples who have been forever "engaged" One of them is Victoria and Daniel and it also mentions that neither Madeleine nor Carl Philip can marry until Victoria does.
Once upon a time royals were keeping their romances under wraps and surprised everyone. Nowdays we are privy to all the nuances of these relationships and it adds one more "common" touch to the magic. Six years in my view are enough for anyone to know whether they want to marry or move on. JMO

It is a really great news. I have been glad to see Mr. Westling accompanying Crown Princess Victoria in Denmark. I hope that the events will unfold faster from now on. I mean that an engagement and wedding are not far off.

However, maybe this is good for Daniel to really see Victoria's life in a different perspective. Maybe he can see if he can live like royalty or not. Once and for all.
But it´s no secret, that Daniel had stayed at Victoria´s Drottningholm pavillion/apartment most of the time before.
Some even claim, that he just did this move to please the public authorities (who had said on an earlier question by the press, that ppl should be honest about the place, where they really live) and would just store his furniture in the new apartment (which is quite "public"...so easy to photograph), while he would go on to live with Victoria.

One of them is Victoria and Daniel and it also mentions that neither Madeleine nor Carl Philip can marry until Victoria does.
A few weeks ago Emma Pernald was asked, if this would be true and she said, that it wouldn´t. Her answer seems logically to me...there is no such tradition in Royal houses. And if you feel ready, then you feel ready and don´t look at your siblings...

Once upon a time royals were keeping their romances under wraps and surprised everyone. Nowdays we are privy to all the nuances of these relationships and it adds one more "common" touch to the magic. Six years in my view are enough for anyone to know whether they want to marry or move on. JMO
Agreed. Royal mags babble all the time about protocol...and that this&that would never be allowed for Royals...and though those young Royals establish every new week new own rules.

Daniel and Victoria will live separately. Victoria lives in one wing of the castle, Daniel will live in his apartment at the Page House near the castle at the Drottningholm castle estates.

Sounds to me as if Daniel now has his own sphere including office and the possibility to see his own private friends at Drottningholm which he probably will keep even after marriage while he's moving in with Victoria. A kind of alibi-flat which gives him privacy and his own place.

Daniel stayed at CP Victorias Drottningholm appartment most of the time before

But it´s no secret, that Daniel had stayed at Victoria´s Drottningholm pavillion/apartment most of the time before.

I came to the conclusion that this is an invention. I think that Daniel Westling didnt stay at CP Victorias Drottningholm pavillion/appartment most of the time before.

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.(Westlings flytt – en nyhet för Reinfeldt | Nyheter | Aftonbladet ).

The only real source for this (Daniel had stayed at Victoria´s Drottningholm pavillion/apartment most of the time before), as far as I can see, is Jenny Alexandersson - a journalist from Svensk Damtidning.

Source: Ålandstidningen följer kronprinsessan Victorias dag - Ålandstidningen

Scroll down to 12.32 (time)

Klockan 12:32 Jenny Alexandersson från Svensk Damtidning berättar: Victoria bor officiellt ensam i Sjöflygeln, två rum o kök, på Drottningholms slott. Men Daniel Westling är där mest hela tiden. Han är helt accepterad av kungen o drottningen.

12.32 (time): Jenny Alexandersson from Svensk Damtidning explains:
Victoria lives official alone in "Sjöflygeln" (Sea-tract), two rooms and kitchen, in Drottningholm palace. But Daniel Westling is there "most all the time". He is fully accepted of the king and the queen.

This is the only real source I found.

Sorry, but phrases like "it is well known", "everybody says" and so on are no real source. For example journalist Herman Lindquist "all have known that" (BEVISEN: Nu flyttar Victoria och Daniel ihop | Nyheter | Aftonbladet) - the prime minister didn't know that.

Last edited:
I came to the conclusion that this is an invention. I think that Daniel Westling didnt stay at CP Victorias Drottningholm pavillion/appartment most of the time before.

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.

Why do you think that the prime minister would know if Daniel would have "lived" with Victoria? It´s not like that Victoria would call Fredrik Reinfeldt and say "just for your information Daniel lives with me - secretly" ;). The prime minister would only get involved when Victoria and Daniel gets engaged.

I certainly belives that he have lived quite alot with Victoria and vice versa but mostly he with her, and i think that almost all people in Sweden would agree with me - I mean why would they be any different (in private) then the rest of us?

Last edited by a moderator:

A few weeks ago Emma Pernald was asked, if this would be true and she said, that it wouldn´t. Her answer seems logically to me...there is no such tradition in Royal houses. And if you feel ready, then you feel ready and don´t look at your siblings...

I was relaying what Point De vue was saying. I doubt there are rules about it but as a deferrence to the future queen and their ages, it may be true somehow.

Agreed. Royal mags babble all the time about protocol...and that this&that would never be allowed for Royals...and though those young Royals establish every new week new own rules.
Mags bubble, royals pose, papparazzi click we keep watching and debating and the world goes round and round! To me, it is sad that what used to be the norm for the Hollywood startlets became norm for the royals.......

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.
Why do you think that the prime minister would know if Daniel would have "lived" with Victoria? It´s not like that Victoria would call Fredrik Reinfeldt and say "just for your information Daniel lives with me - secretly" ;). The prime minister would only get involved when Victoria and Daniel gets engaged.

I certainly belives that he have lived quite alot with Victoria and vice versa but mostly he with her, and i think that almost all people in Sweden would agree with me - I mean why would they be any different (in private) then the rest of us?

MAGIC WORD: In private........Alas, the dirty linen is being washed in the public square these days and nothing that should be, is private any more......

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.(Westlings flytt – en nyhet för Reinfeldt | Nyheter | Aftonbladet ).

Why would he know if Victoria and her boyfriend were unofficially living together? It's not an issue of his, until the point where they get official and need the permission of the government.

As I read the article you're linking to, it has nothing to do with what Reinfeldt knows about Victoria and Daniel's previous unofficial living arrangements, but what he knows about their present ones, and if that could lead into their future ones. He hasn't been informed of the fact that Daniel is moving into Drottningholm - and the journalists speculate in whether or not his lack of knowledge will make the road towards the wedding a longer one...

Yes, why should the PM know about Victoria´s private life?
Daniel, Victoria and Herr&Fru Reinfeldt aren´t sharing one blanket at night (I hope ;))
She could tell him things at private dinners or he could read them in the newspapers, but that would be it.
It´s in no way a matter for the PM, who (or who not) would be a private guest of the crown princess.
And now this move is also nothing, he needs to rubber-stamp. In general the king can choose, whoever he wants as leaser.

I´ve actually also not understood, why Reinfeldt not knowing about the move would indicate, that there wouldn´t be a wedding "soon". He had stayed quite vague. So if he would know something about an engagement, he didn´t reveal it directly.
But even if he indeed would not know anything...accepting a person like Westling, so with a clean record, should be a minor formal thing.
This could easily happen within the next month (what I am doubting as I am sure V&D wanna enjoy their summer vacation without being the filler for the media´s boring "vacation season")
If it would take superlong to get an engagement at the government through, Letizia&Felipe would have never engaged so early...

And it wasn´t only Jenny Alexandersson, who was reporting, that Daniel would stay a lot at Drottningholm. This was firstly news in the daily newspapers (more than a year ago)
And up from that time many "car sightings" with Victoria&Daniel aboard going from Drottningholm to the city and vice versa were reported.
If it was now "most" of the time...so always, when she was in Stockholm...can´t be said...I give you that.
But alone for secrecy and privacy reasons, it´s likely, that they had spent more time at her place than at his.
And that they didn´t spend nights together we aren´t assuming, or are we ;)

Last edited:
And that they didn´t spend nights together we aren´t assuming, or are we ;)
Heaven forbid - oh no!

Jenny Alexandersson about Daniel´s living arrangements, also in english
Jennys kungliga blogg/Svensk Damtidning

Sorry, but "en av Daniels grannar från Banérgatan" / "one of Daniel's naighbours from Banér-Street" is no real source.

As well as "för honom/henne var det självklart att" / "for he/she was it taken for grant that".

(Sorry, its just what we've learned at the University and during the journalist education: find and check the source of information)

Sorry, but "en av Daniels grannar från Banérgatan" / "one of Daniel's naighbours from Banér-Street" is no real source.

As well as "för honom/henne var det självklart att" / "for he/she was it taken for grant that".

(Sorry, its just what we've learned at the University and during the journalist education: find and check the source of information)

Neighbours, not naighbours. Come on, mods, I cant edit my post #54.

I know I am late but such wonderful news about Daniel and Victoria living close together.I hope to see or atleast hear about a royal wedding in the near future.

You´re not alone in this wish... :rolleyes:
I know I see espically since your Swedish and Victoria is your nation's heir.The monarchy will continue with her being she is future queen. I am happy their showing people that are serious about their relationship Daniel and Victoria.

I know I am late but such wonderful news about Daniel and Victoria living close together.I hope to see or atleast hear about a royal wedding in the near future.

not near future but a wedding 2010

i wonder if they are the first royal couple to live togather before and during the engagment period...

I Brelive Crown Prince Haakon lived with Mette Marit before marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom