Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2002-2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think it depend on if Vicky is still cp. Aren't ther serious rumours that CP will be the last monarch of Sweden?

mixer2002de said:
Well I think it depend on if Vicky is still cp. Aren't ther serious rumours that CP will be the last monarch of Sweden?

Those rumours can´t be taken seriously. Just DN jumped seriously on the "news" from the republican movement. The polls on this issue weren´t made under scientific conditions.
Usually I don´t give much for the news from Expressobladet. But I would say in their two online-polls with about 70% "support" for a future crown princess Victoria can be trusted more than in the other two polls in DN.
BTW I guess you have meant "CG" (Carl Gustaf)?

Good question, say CG is the last monarch of Sweden , what will happen to the remaining royals?

But i doubt the Swedish Monarchy will end, they don't rule the land, they are just head of state in a sense, the government rules..

The throne

If CG is the last reiging monarch will the other Swedish Royals be allowed to continue to live in Sweden?

Gita said:
If CG is the last reiging monarch will the other Swedish Royals be allowed to continue to live in Sweden?

Knowing that the Royal houses, which stopped to reign, had to go after revolts and/or in disgrace after wars (which they have more or less caused) one can´t say, how it would be handled, when a Monarch would have to abdicate out of a democratic decision. I guess they would be allowed to stay.
But one can never say, how this all will be in the future. Maybe Europe (knocking on wood and hoping that not) would be in a terrible war 100 years from now and borders and systems would be new defined after it.
Personally I don´t believe in an abolishment in the next 50 years...at least not under democratic conditions. Ppl usually don´t kick their national heritage and traditions with feet, when they enjoy peace and wealthiness. At least I can´t think of such a case in history.

It´s not a holiday but it is a flag day.

And what I´ve wondered/heard: It should be a holiday for the ppl on Öland...is this true (and possible?)

Most workers in Sweden are already on holiday at the time of Victorias birthday, so I think making her birthday a national holiday would be unessesary

when she is Queen then it would be made a Public Holiday, like most Kings/Queens....

The name days and bithdays of The King and his consort Queen Silvia and the Heir, Crown Princess Victoria, are public flag days in Sweden. They will never be public holidays in the sense that people get off work, that is only for the major holidays during the year.

Last edited:
Recall, NJRedDevils, that the national holiday, June 6th, was only for the first time a day off from work this year. So the chance of the birthday becoming a day off from work, is quite slim like GrandDuchess noted.

GrandDuchess said:
The name days and bithdays of The King and his consort Queen Silvia and the Heir, Crown Princess Victoria, are public flag days in Sweden. They will never be public holidays in the sense that people get off work, that is only for the major holidays during the year.

What does "public flag days" mean? :confused: Sorry American here who really doesn't know what public flag days is. :eek:

Lady Jennifer said:
What does "public flag days" mean? :confused: Sorry American here who really doesn't know what public flag days is. :eek:
A public flag day means that all public and official buildings in Sweden fly the flag, as well as all public spaces (like buses, squares, parks etc). And of course the private individuals who have a flagstaff can fly the flag as well if they choose to do so.

Thanks for answering! :D Thats interesting. We don't have anything like that here. flag day is everyday! We lower our flags if someone dies tho (a politician).

Yes, that´s true but we also have a specific day for the flag as well. :)

Dennism said:

yea...there is a flag day. when is it again??? :D forgot abt that
but it is cool that Sweden has more than one day. lucky you! :)

Dennism said:

George W.´s birthday?
16_3_105.gif
;)

Just in case, anybody is interested, July 14th is also the nameday for the name "Folke" which incidentally is one of the King´s names as well. And that name comes from the most famous Folke of them all, Folke Bernadotte, his great uncle.

Dennism I read in one of the threads you were "in love" with Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden.

I can understand that because she 's a beautiful young lady inside out. she has a special kind of beauty and if ever you create a fan club for Crown Princess Victoria, I want to be member Nbr 2, the first one being you of course.

Florence

Yes, it's a great idea to create a fan club for Crown Princess Victoria! I'll be the Nbr. 3
;-)

Denmark has the same rule as Sweden. When the royals have birthday we raise the Flag but we also have a flag dag where we celebrate our flag, that according to Denmarks past fell down from the sky when we where in battle en Estonia.
After its fall we won.

14th July

14th July is also Bastille Day for France.

Gita said:
14th July is also Bastille Day for France.

Which is, according to Victoria, ironic, because she´s so engaged for peace and conflict resolution ;)

Bastille Day

Yes Lena, I remember her talking about something like that.

Lena said:
Which is, according to Victoria, ironic, because she´s so engaged for peace and conflict resolution ;)

And she´s directly related to Joséphine de Beauharnais who was married to Napoleon I.

"Dennism I read in one of the threads you were "in love" with Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden.

I can understand that because she 's a beautiful young lady inside out. she has a special kind of beauty and if ever you create a fan club for Crown Princess Victoria, I want to be member Nbr 2, the first one being you of course."

:)

the best was when Labero did some magick trciks

and was there not a song vem är det du vill ha
who is it you want
and was a bit playing in the gossip news at the time that victoria had to chooce between daniel, Nico and someone else was it felipe or was it the first daniel i do not know but the royals had fun

Not that I want to complain (I´m always enthusiastic about things :p ) but this year´s show sounds quite boring...and only interesting for Swedes (who like self pity-Martin and casting starlets) :confused:
And as I read it, we shouldn´t count on Daniel in the audience. So it will be the same procedure as every year. Let´s hope Madeleine will wear again such a cute jacket like last year...she looked like a big baby :)
And let´s hope for some sun, so that Victoria can wear a summer dress.

Back
Top Bottom