Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonderful news and congratulations to victoria and daniel :)

The bettingcompanies have the odds for boy/girl and name. I find it amusing that Unibet have the name Ulrika for a girl at 100-1 considering the fact that we have had atleast 2 queens with that name. Silvia is 25-1. 500-1 if the boy is named Zlatan.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have thanked all well-wishers with an official thank-you card
the official website has released today:

** kungahuset.se: Kronprinsessparet tackar för gratulationer ** translation **

The google translation is not quite correct (as usual), stating it was a message from the Crown Princess
only instead of the Crown Princess Couple and of course it should read "We appreciate your support and
we are moved that so many share our joy".

Hope she and Daniel and the baby are all doing great-figure it'll be supercute!:flowers:

Considering the longevity of the Bernadotte males it is conceivable we will in the future again have four generations alive.

Johan T Lindwall told to finnish "Iltalehti", that he believes that Victoria and Daniel already know which one their future child is, a boy or a girl.
- It´s in Victoria´s character, that she wants to have control in every matter. I believe that she has found out the gender of the child.
The court expert says that generally speaking there is no royal protocol or a particular tradition of founding out the gender of a royal child. Some want to find out, some want to have the gender as a happy surprise.
- This issue depends on so many couple's desires and preferences. But I believe that Victoria is a person who would not leave the matter unresolved.
Lindwall said that if the gender is known, it has been kept very secret, because the issue has not been leaked to Swedish newspapers.
- There can come either - or even both. It would be a very interesting story, if there should come twins, Lindwall laughs.
Hoviasiantuntija IL:lle: Victoria tietää vauvan sukupuolen | Viihde | Iltalehti.fihttp://www.iltalehti.fi/viihde/2011091114366028_vi.shtml

This is just what I predicted....that she would wait until she and Daniel had been married a year before trying to get pregnant. The timing almost makes one wonder if this baby was conceived on the first anniversary of their marriage.

^im like you too, and its quite normal and more propriate to enjoy themselfs as a married couple. they enjoyed for one year, so with that time, the time they dated, their age and being Victoria the heir, they conceived in the best time!!!
they made all perfect^^

News today in swedish newspapers - the crownprincess will reduce her workload and will not travel to US as originally planned this fall. Prince Daniel will undertake the trip alone. The press attache apparently mentioned that the baby is expected to arrive "i början på året", in other words, beginning of the new year. Many of us have mentioned that there is no way she is as early in her pregnancy as the original announcement of the court stated. Perhaps plan for a January delivery.

Both parents to be look absolutely lovely and glowing in recent photos.

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen, that it is very wise that Victoria cancells her trip to the States. The ten-day trip would have been very busy with tight schedules. Lindwall writes that Victoria and Daniel had made the desicion when spoken with the king and queen. Lindwall points also out that this a clear sign of how much the king relies on Daniel, he has been very impressed about the way Daniel has done his job as a prince.
Johan T Lindwall: Klokt att Victoria varvar ner - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Translation

The press attache apparently mentioned that the baby is expected to arrive "i början på året", in other words, beginning of the new year. Many of us have mentioned that there is no way she is as early in her pregnancy as the original announcement of the court stated. Perhaps plan for a January delivery.
Finally, I had been saying Valentines Day, but really from the Monaco wedding, I said, end of January.
Happy and healthy

Happy for the Crown Princess Couple. They make a cute couple. The future Prince or Princess will be a lovely child.

Isn't finding out the baby's sex more of an American thing these days? Mary and Frederik didn't know the sexes of their children before birth, did they?

Isn't finding out the baby's sex more of an American thing these days? Mary and Frederik didn't know the sexes of their children before birth, did they?

An american thing? Since when?
The royals can tell the press anything, but we don't know if it's a lie or not. :flowers:

I think they said that twins will be boy&girl and few close people to them also knew it. I don't remember if they say anything about Christian and Isabella. Also Felipe&Letizia knew about their 2nd daughter.

I think they said that twins will be boy&girl and few close people to them also knew it. I don't remember if they say anything about Christian and Isabella. Also Felipe&Letizia knew about their 2nd daughter.

M&F didn't know the sexes of Christian or Isabella until they were born but Frederik (or perhaps Mary) admitted that they knew the twins were going to be a boy and girl ahead of time.

While a majority of Americans may find out the child's sex beforehand, not every one does. My mother didn't know for either my brother's or my birth but my father found out for me. So it's a mixed bag it seems.

IMO I think it's more enjoyable to keep it a secret until the birth. The good old-fashioned way.

i think it could also be easier for him to answer they decided not to know in order not to answer other questions!

usually (but not always), parents dont want to see the gender of the first-born, since its the first, male or female doesnt matter. but when its the second or more, they would like to know if its the opposite sex of the eldest kid, for clothes too and for preference!

but well, its just my opinion. many couple do want to see the sex of their first-born! its just a estimative of all the couples ive met!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone really believe that CP Victoria is due in March? I don't know much about how soon pregnancy is supposed to show when it's the first time or how being pregnant with twins would be different but I trust there are people here who can tell me. I wonder how long the CP will continue to participate in her official engagements but she is getting pretty big...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone really believe that CP Victoria is due in March? I don't know much about how soon pregnancy is supposed to show when it's the first time or how being pregnant with twins would be different but I trust there are people here who can tell me. I wonder how long the CP will continue to participate in her official engagements but she is getting pretty big...

I agree, it was unusual IMO that being due in March she was told not to go on the US trip with Daniel. Since it seems she hasn't had any complications with the pregnancy and has attended many events when still in Sweden, my guess is that she is further along than they are telling us. I think the baby will be here before the year is up. :flowers:

I wonder how long the CP will continue to participate in her official engagements but she is getting pretty big...

By looking at Victoria´s calendar, she has the last official engagements on 15th December (after that there aren´t any engagements for the members of the royal family). However, the calendar is updated almost every week, the Nobel festivities aren´t at the calendar yet.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria - Sveriges Kungahus

She definitely looks like she's due sooner than March. I also thought the due date must be sooner than that when they first announced her pregnancy-because if she was really due in March, it would have meant they announced early into her first trimester when she was still at high risk for miscarriage. That didn't make sense to me.

I agree, it was unusual IMO that being due in March she was told not to go on the US trip with Daniel. Since it seems she hasn't had any complications with the pregnancy and has attended many events when still in Sweden, my guess is that she is further along than they are telling us. I think the baby will be here before the year is up. :flowers:
I doubt the baby will be here before this year is up. More likely it will be a late January or early February baby. She must be slowly into her third trimester otherwise the doctor wouldn't advise her against the US trip and after next week it looks that she'll be working 1-2 days a week so she's slowing down. But then again even if she looks huge now for her given due date, each pregnancy is different so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom