Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling: Relationship Discussion (2002-2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article from Aftonbladet

Again a two-sides-of-the-coin-article from... Here is my translation...

NYHETER-22s12portas.jpg
karta.jpg

Daniel Westling not welcome for Christmas at the Palace!

The Crown Princes boyfriend cannot come to the celebrations. Daniel Westling is not allowed to celebrate Christmas with Victoria. The Royal Family denies him.
- None of the children’s partners are with the Royal Family on Christmas, says Catherine Broms at the Royal Court’s press service.

Victoria, 27, and Daniel Westling, 31, has been a couple for almost three years. He is liked by the Royal Family and has attended both birthday parties and private dinners. But on one day every year, Daniel Westling is not welcome – Christmas Eve.
- It has always been one of the most important days of the year for the King and Queen. And on this day, they only want to be with the children and the closest family, says a source.

Daniel Westling has to go home and celebrate Christmas in Ockelbo – without his Victoria. The Royal Family celebrates at Drottningholm, like always, together with Princess Christina, her husband Tord Magnusson and their three sons Gustaf, Victor and Oscar.

There will be a traditional celebration with food, presents and tree.
- Silvia is very careful with that everything is like it always is. She is very caring for traditions and thinks that it is important, says the source.

The King is childishly found of the wrapped presents, and hands them out to the family with enthusiasm. On Christmas Day, the family participates in the Mass that is held at the Drottningholm’s Palace Chapel.

Prince Carl Philip’s Emma or Princess Madeleine’s Jonas Bergström aren’t allowed to be with their partners either. They will celebrate with their parents.

Victoria and Daniel aren’t allowed to meet during Christmas – but after.
- They will meet after Christmas (in the “between” days). Most things points to that Victoria will go up to Ockelbo to spend time with Daniel and his parents, says the source.

Last edited:
mixer2002de said:
whats so strange about that? I think thats well quite normal.
I agree with you. I would also say it´s normal, esp. since Daniel´s parents don´t live in Stockholm. Otherwise Victoria and Daniel would maybe meet later on Christmas eve.

I think it's very strange that they spend christmas separated. Ever since my husband and I started dating we have been spending christmas together. We have taken turns to spend the christmas with his parents and mine. The important thing for ur has always been that WE are together. Two people who love each other shouldn't be separated at christams since it is the family holiday. You should be with the ones you love.

As Vicky and Daniel are seperated on Christmas eve. Do you think Vicky gets a Christmas present from Daniel?

What would it be?
Something really special like Daniel or free entrance to the gym or a fitness set?

Or just something else?

I would like to know, really:)

Last edited:
I´m sure, she will get one.
That with the free entrance is too funny...and in a way strangely. It would mean, that Daniel really doesn´t think his beloved one is the reason for the 365% plus. I´m sure she already has free entrance.
My guess is, that she won´t get something very unusual and romantic. Probably that what most guys give: jewellery, lingerie, perfume, pieces of sport equipment (a golf club...)

Lena said:
Probably that what most guys give: jewellery, lingerie, perfume, pieces of sport equipment (a golf club...)
for jewellery i thing he cannot compete with daddy kungen
sexy lingerie and mum and dad are around when she opens it. hmm ..:D
perfume, how boring. could be interpreted as he thinks she stinks. Never:mad:
sports equipment... maybe

Maybe Daniel has an official gift (an engraved golf club) and an private one ;)

And perhaps the Royal parents and the Westlings will meet this Christmas. On 26th or 27th. I wonder how this meeting would be. I would love to watch that.

i do not see it strange that they are not celebrating christmas togather

no sign of engagment it was a while since daniel wrote about it in aftonbladet
how long before a wedding would you think the engagement would be made public?

Well I think around half a year would be common. How long was it with Fred and Mary?
And as most ppl like to marry in Spring/Summer so till mid of September. But you also could marry in winter. They still have got enough time, till march. But maybe daddy King just thinks it would be the wrong time to make it public now. But who knows. But maybe just in a few weeks. or maybe never...

I also think, that it´s now not the right time to come up with an happy event like an engagement.
But knowing that Victoria will be in Australia in march, I´m quite sure anyway, that an engagement wouldn´t have taken place before the end of march. Then again, I think, when they aren´t engaged until May, then they won´t marry this year. I can´t imagine a winter wedding. That would be so "un-scandinavian".

I also think, that it´s now not the right time to come up with an happy event like an engagement.
But knowing that Victoria will be in Australia in march, I´m quite sure anyway, that an engagement wouldn´t have taken place before the end of march. Then again, I think, when they aren´t engaged until May, then they won´t marry this year. I can´t imagine a winter wedding. That would be so "un-scandinavian".
mixer2002de said:
Well I think around half a year would be common. How long was it with Fred and Mary?
And as most ppl like to marry in Spring/Summer so till mid of September. But you also could marry in winter. They still have got enough time, till march. But maybe daddy King just thinks it would be the wrong time to make it public now. But who knows. But maybe just in a few weeks. or maybe never...
Why wouldn't now be a good time to make such an announcement? I would think now would be a great time as it would do much to help lift national spirits and maybe even help to return things to normalcy, at least somewhat.

Britters said:
Why wouldn't now be a good time to make such an announcement? I would think now would be a great time as it would do much to help lift national spirits and maybe even help to return things to normalcy, at least somewhat.
Hmm, I think "normalcy" hasn´t to be promoted. For those who aren´t affected directly it will come anyway, and for those who have lost a very close person (a child, the spouse) it won´t come ever again, at least not that kind of normalcy and the basic trust (that all will be "good" as long as they just try hard enough) they were used to.
I hate it to say, but we, who are not affected, will forget, it won´t be in our minds daily...and the flow of donations will become less. Now barely 3 weeks went by since the 26th of december. Even though I can´t look at the terrible pics anymore (thanks god the TV-stations have stopped to focus on dead bodies), I think it´s good that the catastrophe is still a topic in the media.
Though I can see the exhilarant effect of an engagement, I think it would be inappropriate right now...it would only distract.
I wouldn´t mind, if they would announce it in a few weeks (middle or end of February...and of course later this year) but now it´s IMO simply too soon.

Lena said:
Though I can see the exhilarant effect of an engagement, I think it would be inappropriate right now...it would only distract.
I wouldn´t mind, if they would announce it in a few weeks (middle or end of February...and of course later this year) but now it´s IMO simply too soon.
I think you always can find a reason why an engagement is inappropriate....

mixer2002de said:
I think you always can find a reason why an engagement is inappropriate....
Is here "you" generally meant? Or is my person meant with "you"? If you mean me, then you aren´t completely wrong ;) I will always find reasons, why a gym trainer, who has shown so far not the slightest interest in politic work, shouldn´t become prince. But though I´ve probably written 50% of all my posts on Victoria & Daniel, I think that I´m not so fanatic, that I would say, that an engagement between those two would have an influence on my life in any remarkable way. When they love each other, they should become happy.
If we talk about the opinions of ppl in general, then I would say, that a future Royal (male or female) will never reach 100% acceptance among the ppl, but I think a majority would "allow" Victoria a happy life with Mr. Westling. In fact I think (for Royal watchers unimaginable!;) ) most of the swedish people don´t pay much attention to this young couple. Surely they would be in the focus around their engagement (that´s why I think, this date should be well chosen...and shouldn´t "collide" with any other important dates...most of all mourning time, but also big jubilees for Sweden, "hot" phase of a national election campaign...criticism in this time could "stick" in the minds of the ppl for a longer time than usual) and wedding, but now and in the months/years after the wedding, they (would) have only a marginal meaning/impact for many Swedes. At least this young couple doesn´t influence their daily life...of course both could do great PR-work for Sweden, and in times of national sorrow a Royal (as we see with the swedish king) can do a lot. As we have also seen in many Royal houses, the death of a Royal, or just his/her wedding seem to mean a lot to people. An opportunity to reflect own dreams and losses in life...but as I´ve said above, it doesn´t influence their own lives directly, so the feelings aren´t really "deep". That´s why I think not too many would really try hard to find reasons against an engagement between Daniel and Victoria (esp. not since Daniel hasn´t done anything bad to other persons, in the sense of general worldwide and in all religions common values)
Gah, today I´ve a feeling of not being able to express my point...I hope, you have gotten at least a bit, what I have meant.

Lena said:
Is here "you" generally meant? Or is my person meant with "you"? If you mean me, then you aren´t completely wrong ;) I will always find reasons, why a gym trainer, who has shown so far not the slightest interest in politic work, shouldn´t become prince. But though I´ve probably written 50% of all my posts on Victoria & Daniel, I think that I´m not so fanatic, that I would say, that an engagement between those two would have an influence on my life in any remarkable way. When they love each other, they should become happy.
Both "yous" :cool: . I think you should not care that much about external happenings at all. If you do take care to much you will never marry. And well if a date is fixed. Just go for it, even if the government gets into a political crisis. Its their problem then.

Lena said:
:D Victoria´s hair will be cut, and all the paints and sleeveless tops will be taken out of her closet...then a big bonfire will take place in the court of Drottningholm...ETW would give a solemn speech, she would adress her old protégé and her new protégé and would say "Now you aren´t anymore the girlfriend of the gym trainer, but you are a mature Royal with a prince consort on your side"...then all would watch how all the ugly jeans, gym clothes, trucker caps, T-shirts, gala-pants...become smoke and ashes. And in the light of the warm fire, one, who would look closely/exactly at him, would see, that a tear runs down Daniel´s cheek-a last goodbye to his old life ;) ;)
:D :D
Lets throw in a few of her gala dresses, dowdy shoes and hats and do it right away, followed by round of shopping accompanied by a young male stylist and ETW is not allowed to tag along to make sure its appropriate (read: boring) and then Victoria could look like the elegant, mature woman she could be but that she hides behind unflattering tops and grey suits.

Larzen said:
:D :D
Lets throw in a few of her gala dresses, dowdy shoes and hats and do it right away, followed by round of shopping accompanied by a young male stylist and ETW is not allowed to tag along to make sure its appropriate (read: boring) and then Victoria could look like the elegant, mature woman she could be but that she hides behind unflattering tops and grey suits.

:D :D :D Good idea..I´m for a little bit benzine, so that all burns faster...not that she gets a chance to save some of those pieces "help Elisabeth...help, the people could start to think I´m a superficial, only in clothes interested crown princess, like those new crown princesses!!!!" ;)
Today (sports gala 2005) she has worn again something, that looks a lot like paints...the sooner this bonfire takes place, the better

This week's Svensk Damtidning insists on the rumour that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will announce their engagement this spring and then a summer wedding in the Stockholm Cathedral this summer. According to some source of theirs - wedding music has been commissioned! :eek:

but i still think they need at least half a year to prepare a wedding so a september wedding would have a engagment in february (latest) i think
for a august wedding a engagment latest in march so if we do not have a engagment before April i do not think there will be a summer wedding and wonder if she want a larte fall wedding or a winter wedding

What is exactly meant with commissioned...do they mean, they get an own piece composed? Or that the choir was engaged, or that a person, familiar with music, should search for appropriate songs/marches/melodies?

Josefine said:
but i still think they need at least half a year to prepare a wedding so a september wedding would have a engagment in february (latest) i think
for a august wedding a engagment latest in march so if we do not have a engagment before April i do not think there will be a summer wedding and wonder if she want a larte fall wedding or a winter wedding

Hm, march is already spring. But I also think it has to be planned longer...and I think from the moment you start to plan and to engage ppl, there is a high chance, that the press would find out about an engagement.
I wonder, how it was in the case of the crown princes? Have they started to plan (with other ppl, e.g. the court, involved) the wedding before the announcement of the engagement?

Lena said:
What is exactly meant with commissioned...do they mean, they get an own piece composed? Or that the choir was engaged, or that a person, familiar with music, should search for appropriate songs/marches/melodies?
It means that new wedding music of some sort has been commissioned (according to Svensk Damtidning, remember this - we don't know if it's true). The sentence in the magazine is (translated to English): "Even a commission for writing royal wedding music has been given"

GrandDuchess said:
It means that new wedding music of some sort has been commissioned (according to Svensk Damtidning, remember this - we don't know if it's true). The sentence in the magazine is (translated to English): "Even a commission for writing royal wedding music has been given"

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, maybe it´s untrue...but for the case it´s true, I don´t like the idea. I want them to play "old" music (classical music for weddings...or e.g a "folk song" like at the wedding of Haakon and MM)...at least it´s usually better.

it can still be classicle music but written 2005

I would love folksong
and i want a gala wedding.........

Josefine said:
it can still be classicle music but written 2005

I would love folksong
and i want a gala wedding.........

Yes, of course it can...but I think it´s not too keen to say, that the best pieces of classical music were writen 1-3 centuries ago. But maybe they will find someone capable (who would then write the "gym march" ;)) A little new composed "theme" which would be played at special occasions (baptism of the children, wedding anniversaries) would be nice though.

Yes, a folk song from Gästrikland (for the case she really marries Daniel Westling) would be an lovely idea.
I also want a gala wedding, but I´m quite sure, we would/will get that.

I also want a gala wedding, but I´m quite sure, we would/will get that.[/QUOTE]

I also want an gala wedding. Does anyone know the tradition in sweden, if we usually have gala or "hat" weddings? in 1976 it was not an gala wedding, i don´t know if it was something that was "modern" then, but in videos of the other weddings in scandinavia at the near time they had gala weddings so why not sweden?

Let´s keep our fingers crossed the day they announce the wedding that it will be a gala event.

rop81 said:
I also want an gala wedding. Does anyone know the tradition in sweden, if we usually have gala or "hat" weddings?

Looking at the weddings of Victoria´s swedish friends in the past years, I see a clear trend to afternoon-weddings with a gala/wedding ball later. I think she will adopt that...but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom