Greatest Monarchs Of All Time

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ally_cooper

Nobility
City
Barcelona
Country
Spain
Who you consider that was or is the best King or Queen of the History. I belive that is an interesting question. Please, tell why.

i don't know too much of monarchies during history, just spanish royal history. however, nowadays, i think sofia of spain and greece is one of the most perfect queens over europe. she has put her level of being queen very high...

Last edited:
I would have to choose Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britian. I can't really describe why; probably because she has a sense of formality about her that is appealing to me. After her, I would choose Queen Margrethe II of Denmark because she is very down to earth and one of Europe's smartest monarchs.

I've posted about TMs Juan Carlos and Sofia. They served their country when Falangist gunmen tried to topple the nascent democracy and did yet again in the wake of the Madrid bombings. :clap:

I've also posted about the three Godesses of the North, TRHs Princesses Madeleine and Victoria and HM Queen Silvia. They are "real" people in the pictures. Queen Silvia seems to have done a lot to increase public acceptance of the monarchy. I feel HRH Princess Victoria will be able to maintain it. :flower:

A queen needs to have style and Silvia has it (an understatement) and Victoria will when she finds her own style. A monarch needs to be able to connect with the people. Princess Anne has that ability, her oldest brother does not. Queen Sofia has understated style and an ability to connect with the people she serves.

Another favorite of mine is HM Queen Anne-Marie who went from being a gorgeous "chick" to a beautiful middle-aged woman with great charm and warmth. :clap:

Wow!! There are too many to choose from! My personal list:

Queen Elizabeth I--took England from impoverished and nearly invaded to prosperous and strong!

Queen Elizabeth II--a dignified woman who always does her duty and watches over her people!

King Juan Carlos of Spain-- Brought democracy back to Spain after the brutal dictatorship of Franco.

King George VI of England--A reluctant, unprepared monarch who saw his country through WWII and gained the love and respect of his people.

There's so many to choose from! Historically, I would mention someone like Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, Peter the Great and Catherine the Great (not technically "king" and "queen") based on what they accomplished for their respective countries during their reigns. Currently, I suppose I would say Queen Elizabeth II, for her longevity and how she's managed to stay very well-liked in her country despite the numerous scandals in her family.

Queen Elizabeth II, for her dignity through controversial times and her grace. She is certainly a model for all royalty.

Robert the Bruce king of Scots

Mary Queen of Scots

King George Tupou I of Tonga

Queen Lilioukalani of Hawaii

Queen Salote Tupou III of Tonga

Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands

King Olav of Norway

King Boudioun of the Belgians

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Queen Margarethe of Denmark

1.King george VI of England he is such a beloved monarchy... insisted to stay with his people during WWII.......a good father,husband and king
2.king Frederic IX of Denmark,the same as one above
3.Queen Elizabeth II of England.....She seem to follow her father ruled model.
4.King Juan Carlos of spain.......He rescured his spanish monarchy.

Originally posted by gogm@May 2nd, 2004 - 1:39 pm

I've also posted about the three Godesses of the North, TRHs Princesses Madeleine and Victoria and HM Queen Silvia. They are "real" people in the pictures. Queen Silvia seems to have done a lot to increase public acceptance of the monarchy. I feel HRH Princess Victoria will be able to maintain it. :flower:

A queen needs to have style and Silvia has it (an understatement) and Victoria will when she finds her own style. A monarch needs to be able to connect with the people.
I agree. Silvia is my ideal queen. Well, for now that is. :p

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:34 pm

I agree. Silvia is my ideal queen. Well, for now that is. :p
Hahaha!! Yes we all know that!

Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 28th, 2004 - 11:43 am
Queen Elizabeth I--took England from impoverished and nearly invaded to prosperous and strong!
This evil woman was a murderess just ask any Scot. She killed our Queen. In Scotland she is known as the bastard Elizabeth.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Jasl+Jun 11th, 2004 - 2:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jasl @ Jun 11th, 2004 - 2:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:34 pm

I agree. Silvia is my ideal queen. Well, for now that is.  :p
Hahaha!! Yes we all know that! [/b][/quote]
Yes. True. :p

Yeah! Queen Silvia always looks so happy too! And she always looks like she really loves what she is doing too! And when you see photographs of her with The King, they look like they love one another very much too!

Sherry!

that can only be Queen Juliana...such a warm character!

Originally posted by Peggy@Jun 10th, 2004 - 5:27 am
1.King george VI of England he is such a beloved monarchy... insisted to stay with his people during WWII.......a good father,husband and king
he sounds nice ^___^

Iain said:
This evil woman was murderess just ask any Scot. She killed our Queen. In Scotland she is known as the bastard Elizabeth.
Heavens, you Scots do have long memories!!!!!!

For my money Elizabeth is the greatest Queen the world has seen. She ruled in a mans world without a husband, was better educated than most men of her era and brought religious peace & tolerance to Britain.

riiiiiiiight...

wymanda said:
Heavens, you Scots do have long memories!!!!!!

For my money Elizabeth is the greatest Queen the world has seen. She ruled in a mans world without a husband, was better educated than most men of her era and brought religious peace & tolerance to Britain.

"brought religious peace & tolerance to Britain" hmmmmm.....

Iain said:
This evil woman was murderess just ask any Scot. She killed our Queen. In Scotland she is known as the bastard Elizabeth.

Oh my, what a comment!
Just remember that Elizabeth only took Mary's life to spare her own as there were attempts made by Mary to overthrow her & inevitably murder her. I'm not excusing the behaviour but there's always a reason for one's actions.

Anyways,
I believe that Elizabeth I was a great queen.
Queen Victoria didn't do so bad although Prince Albert was a brilliant help

Of the today's Kings and Queens in my opinion:
First of all Sofia of Spain. I really admire her because of her work and the way she masters her life. She's my favorite Queen.
In addition Queen Elizabeth II because for me she's just a famous woman who is a very good descendant of the old and historically monarchy of Great Britain.

This was absolutely necessary. Mary was trying to impose catholicism on an anglican england and other areas (sorry I need to brush up on my history:eek:) and trying to kill elizabeth. ELizabeth agonized over this and she did it at the last minute.

AMng hte monarch Queens-Queen ELizabeth II. and consorts Queen Silvia-just what a consort should perosnify. King Juan Carlos did restore the monarchy and he helped to establish democracy in Spain-way to go!:)

Iain said:

My favourite king is king Juan Carlos and my favourite queen is queen Sofia!

My ideal Queen would have to be Queen Elizabeth II, although I am a little biased in my choice, as I live in England! I admire her dedication to the country, particularly when going through trying times. However, I sometimes feel she appears a little distant.

My second ideal Queen would have to be Queen Sofia - she appears so warm, particularly towards her children and grandchildren.

I think Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands was quite an impressive lady. I also like Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Mary Queen of Scots, and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure from a historical point of view, there are far too many Kings and Queen to take into account.

From a current outlook I'd say Queen Sofia of Spain and Queen Elizabeth II.

Back
Top Bottom