September 1982 ( Stephanie's condition etc.)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so sweet, even to imagine Caro helping Steph to eat, holding her to help her walk, staying beside her, sitting on her bed holding her hand, caressing her cheeks helping her to find some sleep.
I remember Caro once said that she filled in a little for being a mother figure for her baby-sis and that she was sleeping in Steph's bed some night just to comfort Steph when she could not find some sleep.

Thanks Michelle for those pics. Stephanie was also there for Caroline when she needed her, when Stefano died Stephanie helped Caroline and her children a lot.

monaco70s said:
Thanks Michelle for those pics. Stephanie was also there for Caroline when she needed her, when Stefano died Stephanie helped Caroline and her children a lot.

Right, she moved in with Caro and the kids - to be there for them 24/7

Yes she did. The family has always been supportive of each other in hard and sad times.

Stephanie with her father and Paul Belmondo
Caroline and Stephanie ( Stephanie already without brace )

(scans from a book)

Attachments

• spr.JPG
    spr.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,010
  • stephcaro.JPG
    stephcaro.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 505
It always breaks my heart to see them like this.
Stephanie was only 17. She needed her mommy. Grace always understood her little girl is hypersensitive and has a very strong personality. But contrary of those who think Steph would have turned out differently if Grace wouldn't have passed away that early I believe Stephanie would have taken more or less the same way of life. Steph just chose to be practical, to do practical things. She needs to create herself, to exist on her own terms. She needs people to understand that she is above all a human beeing, not only a princess. she wants to be loved for herself, not for some role she assumes. I think she succeded.

simon said:
It always breaks my heart to see them like this.
Stephanie was only 17. She needed her mommy. Grace always understood her little girl is hypersensitive and has a very strong personality. But contrary of those who think Steph would have turned out differently if Grace wouldn't have passed away that early I believe Stephanie would have taken more or less the same way of life. Steph just chose to be practical, to do practical things. She needs to create herself, to exist on her own terms. She needs people to understand that she is above all a human beeing, not only a princess. she wants to be loved for herself, not for some role she assumes. I think she succeded.
I like your opinion. I agree people do need to understand she and others like her should be accepted on their own terms, loved for themselves not for the role or position life placed us in.

I'm sorry I don't know much about what happened. Can someone tell me who Paul is ?

Thanks

Oppie said:
I'm sorry I don't know much about what happened. Can someone tell me who Paul is ?

Thanks

Paul is Paul Belmondo, the son of Jean-Paul Belmondo. He was Princess Stephanie's boyfriend at the time the accident happend. So he cared a lot for Stephanie as well after her mother had passed away.

Can anyone tell me where the sisters were living at the time of the accident? I know Steph was (obviously) in Roc Agel, and Caro was, I think, in England, but did they live in Monaco or in Paris?
And if they lived in Paris, did they decide to move back home after the accident?

Kisses

Grace said:
Can anyone tell me where the sisters were living at the time of the accident? I know Steph was (obviously) in Roc Agel, and Caro was, I think, in England, but did they live in Monaco or in Paris?
And if they lived in Paris, did they decide to move back home after the accident?

Kisses

I don't know really where Caroline was living at that time. It's possible that she lived in Monaco and was often in Paris.
Stephanie lived in Paris for the most part. She had just passed her Bac (A-levels) in June 1982 and she had planed to go back to Paris September 15th 1982 to start her studies at the 'École du Syndicat de la Haute Couture Parisienne' and the practical part at Christian Dior Paris.

Oh is it the video clip posted by budge9, I believe, of Stephanie talking about the accident with Diane Sawyer in 1997?

Yes Monaco70s the video clip is the one that I did which somebody called michelle8020022000 seems to have claimed as her own! I did it because Stephanie talks about the accident in it and because many people on this board have asked what she sounds like when she speaks English. I hope you all enjoy it. :)

budge9 said:
Yes Monaco70s the video clip is the one that I did which somebody called michelle8020022000 seems to have claimed as her own! I did it because Stephanie talks about the accident in it and because many people on this board have asked what she sounds like when she speaks English. I hope you all enjoy it. :)

michelle80.... is Michelle and we'll credit the clip to be yours in a minute.
Sorry , we didn't want to steal it :eek:.....

Sebastian I didn't mean to seem annoyed that Michelle posted it on a site I was just simply answering Monaco70s remark. I think I have a couple more clips from that interview in which Stephanie talks about the accident so I will look for them for you. Thanks!

budge9 said:
Sebastian I didn't mean to seem annoyed that Michelle posted it on a site I was just simply answering Monaco70s remark. I think I have a couple more clips from that interview in which Stephanie talks about the accident so I will look for them for you. Thanks!

That would be awsome. :) I'd love to see more of that interview. I've never seen the entire show but it was said that the interview was very important and appriciated for Monaco.

finally saw it she sounds so american i was thinking she would have had a french accent or someting .

RADKER18 said:
finally saw it she sounds so american i was thinking she would have had a french accent or someting .

All three of Grace Kelly's children speak English with American accents. I remember chuckling about ten years ago when Caroline did an interview with Barbara Walters and Walters commented in the voiceover that she spoke English "with almost no accent". I'm sure British people would have cringed to hear an American accent referred to that way. When I lived in the UK, people used to jokingly ask me if I'd gone over to learn to speak the language.

Still, I think it's fitting that the children of the red-blooded American princess speak her language with her accent.

Jeffrey Robinson's 'Rainier and Grace' 1989:

...And although the government and the cabinet carried some of the weight, it was the Prince who, despite his grief, somehow found the courage to carry on.
Albert and Caroline did their Part.
But it was Rainier himself who took charge.
'Daddy was wonderful', Caroline says. 'He was so brave and strong. He was amazing. It was such a lesson to watch him handle that. I can see now, all these years later,that my mothers's death brought the family closer together. Not that we were far apart before she died. But after she died we learned to work more together, to be more careful about each other, to pay more attention to each other's lives.'

Does anyone know if you can buy the tape to that interview ?

Thanks very very much budge9 ...it is very nice of you to post the clips :)

1. Stephanie on the way to a private mass :(
2. All the family :(

(scan)

Attachments

• st1982.JPG
    st1982.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 543
  • fam82.JPG
    fam82.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 690
Budge9 can u post those few clips again? Im Late:( has expired

Back