Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was quite sweet and probably done on purpose when Sophie was choosing the clothes. (Sophie is rhe woman, she blatently chose the clothes haha).

That was quite sweet and probably done on purpose when Sophie was choosing the clothes. (Sophie is rhe woman, she blatently chose the clothes haha).

Sophie chooses colors and patterns excellently!!

The Countess seems chummy with the York sisters. If so it is nice for them to have an older women dish to and possibly get advice from.

Thanks Anna!
The first few years - 1999 and 2001 were bland and boring. The only outfit I didn't really like from all the outfits shown was 2000- she looks like she has chopsticks stuck in her head! 2002 and 2003 were nice- 2004 - back to boring and bland- Loved 2005. Not crazy about 2006. 2008 on- wow! Love! Isn't it interesting how we're all different- you don't like 2009's look and I do! ? Love Sophie's ruby earrings, and sapphire studs! Have you ever done a post about the COW's Easter looks? What about Catherine's Christmas and Easter looks on your other blog?
Sorry for such a long post- thought you'd like to know my opinion on the COW's outfits!

Last edited:
All great thanks Anna .. keep up the work of looking back ...

They both look so young and very happy which is lovely.

Lady Nimue I have always liked that quote from Edward. He wasn't afraid to say he loved his fiance in public, unlike his older brother's infamous saying "Whatever love means." (I always cringe at that.)

They both look so young and very happy which is lovely.

It was a solid pairing. A mature love. :flowers:

Lady Nimue I have always liked that quote from Edward. He wasn't afraid to say he loved his fiance in public, unlike his older brother's infamous saying "Whatever love means." (I always cringe at that.)

Yet, I have often thought that what Charles said was the simple truth - 'whatever love means' - what does anyone mean by 'being in love'?

P.S. Had Charles and Diana - let's face it - really gotten to know each other the way Edward and Sophie did, they never would have married.

Last edited:
It was a solid pairing. A mature love. :flowers:

Yet, I have often thought that what Charles said was the simple truth - 'whatever love means' - what does anyone mean by 'being in love'?

P.S. Had Charles and Diana - let's face it - really gotten to know each other the way Edward and Sophie did, they never would have married.

Definitely a solid pairing - after 21 years they still look happy to be in each other's company. As Edward also said "we are the best of friends and that's essential" which it definitely is.

I agree that Charles and Diana most likely would have never married had they gotten to know one another as they were so different and Diana was so young. The same for Sarah and Andrew - they barely knew each other really and never saw each other when they first married. Edward was lucky because he had much more time to choose his other half and he did well!

Edward was given such a hard time over leaving the Marines and "It's a Royal Knockout", but he's been successful in the things that really matter--maintaining a loving marriage and being a good father. :flowers:

I like the fact that Prince Edward declared he and Sophie were the best of friends.
I like the fact that the photo call was in the gardens.
In the gardens flowers grow.
Flowers are a reminder of the upcoming wedding. :rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:

Thanks to Anna (annaelfka) for this cute photo of the Wessex's in South Africa last week.

Team Wessex

Thanks to Anna (annaelfka) for this cute photo of the Wessex's in South Africa last week.

Team Wessex

Wow! This photo really shows just how tall Louise is growing! She'll be taller than her mother in another year or two, I'm thinking.

Louise is so tall, even James looks tiny next to her and I always thought James was going to be tall. She is definitely going to be taller than her mum as Edward is quite tall. I love their camouflage clothing and the fact that Louise and James are posing in practically the same way.

As there is no interview thread for the Wessexes, I'll pop this one here.

From Warren's Collection...

"Exclusive Photos and Interview: Sophie Rhys-Jones speaks candidly about her life and how she sees her future"
Author: Sarah Cartledge
Source: HELLO!
Published: August 16, 1997

I too still have that mag I love her look there as classic as her's in the present

Lovey pictures of the Countess. Great to see!

Thanks for this article. Does anyone know where all the photos were taken?

Back
Top Bottom