Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for these Anna. I LOVE Edward's uniform for the Beating Retreat. Those socks are something else! I forgot Sophie had those shoes; the last time I remember her wearing them was 2009 at September Ascot. They are beautiful.

If you mean the grey pumps, you could see them at Luxemburg wedding Gala dinner, when she walked.

Last edited:
I have found the cutest thing in the entire world. It's a little video of the Wessex's at The Windsor Horse Show in 2009. James is so cute, he waves as he goes round the fairground though I don't think he knows what he's waving at! And he's not impressed with the photocall at all and clearly has found his walking legs and wants to be put down and not be in his parents arms. Adorable.

Link

I hope the link works.

Last edited:
I have found the cutest thing in the entire world. It's a little video of the Wessex's at The Windsor Horse Show in 2009. James is so cute, he waves as he goes round the fairground though I don't think he knows what he's waving at! And he's not impressed with the photocall at all and clearly has found his walking legs and wants to be put down and not be in his parents arms. Adorable.

Link

I hope the link works.

It would seem that neither one of the kids are too impressed with being photographed. Louise is looking positively bored, but I do love the little outfit she has on, especially those wellies :D.

It would seem that neither one of the kids are too impressed with being photographed. Louise is looking positively bored, but I do love the little outfit she has on, especially those wellies :D.

I loved those wellies and I loved that we saw James wearing then last year at the Windsor Horse Show.

Louise does look bored and perhaps she's thinking, "Brothers." I love it when you Sophie hands James to Edward and you just about hear her say, "Go and see Daddy." James was so cute when he was toddler.

I loved those wellies and I loved that we saw James wearing then last year at the Windsor Horse Show.

Louise does look bored and perhaps she's thinking, "Brothers." I love it when you Sophie hands James to Edward and you just about hear her say, "Go and see Daddy." James was so cute when he was toddler.

I remember my mother used to that with my younger sister when she would get overly fussy. I always found it rather amusing.

I do that with my nephew when he's getting fussy. Or needs to be changed. His dad is never amused.

I do that with my nephew when he's getting fussy. Or needs to be changed. His dad is never amused.

I can't imagine the Dad's are amused. It's just amusing that when mum runs out of ideas it's like, "Go and see your Dad,". So very normal. James just wants to be put down to walk, he's hand enough of being passed around and Sophie's like, "ugh."

Apparently the Queen had suggested they get pictures taken together that year at the Horse Show for their 10th Wedding anniversary. Thank God for the Queen!

Last edited:
Thanks Anna, lovely photos.

I came across some photos of a visit Sophie did to a Mulberry factory. I have no idea when she went, but the photos were added in January 2012, but she is wearing her wedding and engagement rings which she hasn't worn since last year so perhaps the photographer was slow at adding the photos.

Sophie visits Mulberry

I love Mulberry products and really want a matching purse and bag from there.

Molly I LOVE YOU!
Thanks for those images, will try to find out when it was!

Last edited:

I came across some photos of a visit Sophie did to a Mulberry factory. I have no idea when she went, but the photos were added in January 2012, but she is wearing her wedding and engagement rings which she hasn't worn since last year so perhaps the photographer was slow at adding the photos.

Sophie visits Mulberry

Found it!
When I saw those pics I thought of Brainwave visit, as she wore the same things, and here it is!
Court Circular 10 May 2012

The Countess of Wessex this morning visited Home-Start, Victoria Park Community Centre, Victoria Park Drive, Bridgwater, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Somerset (Lady Gass).
Her Royal Highness, President, afterwards visited Brainwave, Huntworth Gate, Bridgwater, to mark its Thirtieth Anniversary.
The Countess of Wessex, Vice Patron, the Royal Bath and West of England Society, this afternoon visited Grasslands (Nurseries) Limited at the Royal Bath and West Showground, Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
Her Royal Highness later visited the Mulberry Factory, the Rookery, Chilcompton, Somerset.

As for Brainwave they added HQ pic, which you may not be aware of:
http://www.brainwave.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/HRH.jpg

Ahhh yes I remember the Brainwave picture. Anna, you are such a detective! Thanks very much. :D

It looks like they gave Sophie a bag though she could just be holding the bag in the image. If they gave her a bag I am very jealous!

MULBERRY the love of my life I totally love everything ... Sophis looks great wonder if what looks like a Del Rae bag was presented to her?? as a gift !!! She looked great in the navy loved it on her ...

Sophie visits Mulberry

It's a good thing you found them earlier, as that whole site disappeared from this photograph blog.. I wonder why?

I remember seeing this article and thinking how small Sophie was!

I was trying to find more pics from Carribean tour in 2011, and while the Bermuda did quite a good coverage, the Barbados and Bahamas hardly mentioned anyting.
Found pics from Duke of Edinburgh Golf Day by total accident:
Duke of Edinburgh Golf Day - 23rd March 2011 | Facebook
There is one good thing about it though, that skirt and shoes should never be seen again. Ever :ROFLMAO:

Isn't that the same skirt Princess Mary of Denmark has worn? Sophie was seen wearing it in 2009 at the Chelsea Flower Show and I am sure Mary was seen wearing it at a similar time. I want to say Prada....but you're right, it is an awful skirt! It could be a similar style.

Edward has always stayed a good shape, considering he has hit his late 40's. Andrew put on a lot of weight and has kept it on since, whereas Edward has always stayed pretty trim. What is his secret!

Last edited:
I have no idea, but will ask my friend who knows everything Mary ever wore, I haven't seen Sophie in that skirt before, I was trying to find pics from that show but only 1 I could locate of her in a coat.

Thank you Molly! Indeed it is the same skirt Mary wore in Switzerland.
My friend went to Prada, but they said it's not theirs. My friends suspects she bought it in London, when she was in private, and later wore that skirt in Switzerland. She knows everything about Mary.

The best family I reckon, they are happy and full of life and would like to think Edward & Sophie get a chance to be King and Queen but William & Kate is my other choice :wave:

Back
Top Bottom