Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna, I was just reading your article on Edward and Sophie attending the dinners for The Worshipful Company of Gardener's and I had never read that little interview Edward had given before.

"I'm always getting grief from my other half because the ones we produce are too sharp!" in reference to the strawberries Bagshot Park grows.

That made me giggle! I love the term "other half". :)
Molly, I am SO happy someone is reading my blog.
It would mean world to me if you would left comments there as well :flowers:
I updated my post with link - source of Edward's intreview.
Also there is huge chance I will be able to give link from ladies banquet. I hope they will update their gallery.
HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex spent Valentine's Day with The Worshipful Company of Gardeners

I read it all the time, I just never think to comment. Sorry Anna! I shall endeavour to do it from now on. The interview was amusing and quite sweet.

"Asked if he is a keen gardener he replies: "You mean how often does my gardener let me do it? I used to do more but the children take up a lot of my time."

That was sweet too, but my favourite is when he joked about "his other half" giving him grief. Husbands and wives give each other grief all the time!

I love it! I bet Sophie would be a rather delightful companion for playing dress-up :D.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh I agree with that bet!:D

It probably is for them or for their charity. Andrew even had his own website and his own Twitter.

Their charity already has a website.
The Wessex Youth Trust: The Charity of TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Let's hope it's for them! I would like that very much. After all each memeber of royal family has its site, Duke of York even joined Twitter. Bea as well, but she doesn't tweet :) Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Kate, Andrew, so it's about time for a space for Sophie and Edward.
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
A website coming along for Prince Edward & Sophie? The address http://earlandcountessofwessex.org was registered by Buckingham Palace earlier this month
Btw how do you know that it was registered by BP?

Their charity already has a website.
The Wessex Youth Trust: The Charity of TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Let's hope it's for them! I would like that very much. After all each memeber of royal family has its site, Duke of York even joined Twitter. Bea as well, but she doesn't tweet :) Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, Kate, Andrew, so it's about time for a space for Sophie and Edward.

Btw how do you know that it was registered by BP?

I didn't know their charity already had a website - thanks for that Anna.

I agree that it's time Edward and Sophie, as well as Anne (who I can also see has had a website address registered) got their own website to help promote their causes.

Beatrice has Twitter but she doesn't tweet? How does that work, Anna? I would LOVE if Sophie got a twitter. A lot of other royals do. C'mon Sophie, get on the band wagon!

Bea joined Twitter, tweeted 3 times, and so far nothing else.
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea
Sometimes they don't know what to post....
As for Sophie, there are only fake accounts but I hope one day I will be surprised with her presence.

Ahhh thanks for the information Anna.

I have just noticed on your Facebook you posted about one of Sophie's necklaces having L and J pendants. I totally that was an anchor! You have such good eyesight.

Ahhh thanks for the information Anna.

I have just noticed on your Facebook you posted about one of Sophie's necklaces having L and J pendants. I totally that was an anchor! You have such good eyesight.
Thanks Molly, I have seen a bit better picture, and realized what it was. At first I thought anchor, but it wasn't proportional, then I thought of J&L combined, and then I saw pic realizing I see two jump rings, so 2 pendants, and then the letters finally became clear. I have found a good shot of Sophie, and wanted to buy a pic so I could only do a close up of the necklace, but the price was 100 Ł for 1 pic!! They are insane.

That's such a nice idea for a necklace. I wonder who got her the necklace. She also has one with E&S combined. :)

They did arrive in style didn't they.

Eeek, they are going to get a lot of stick for that. Though we don't know who paid for the private jet - it could have been from his own pocket, not the money the Queen pays him. The range rovers was a bit unnecessary, even if with skiing you do acquire a lot of equipment.

Is that James in the navy blue ski suit I wonder?

I figured they were skiing this week as it's half term for British schools and many "well to do" family go skiing this time of year.

Last edited:
Eeek, they are going to get a lot of stick for that. Though we don't know who paid for the private jet - it could have been from his own pocket, not the money the Queen pays him. The range rovers was a bit unnecessary, even if with skiing you do acquire a lot of equipment.

Is that James in the navy blue ski suit I wonder?
Yep, they will be sick because of that. As for James, after checking some of his pics and description, it must be him.

Last edited:
It looks a bit too tall to be James, but that is most definitely Louise. I kind of wish there were other photos as I bet James is rocking the slopes! Louise's hat is cute - from a distance it looks like a globe of the world. I like that her coat is like her mum's and has fur around the collar.

Gosh, I love skiing so much but when I was growing up before I went myself, it was always viewed as a holiday for rich people because it is very costly. People like Edward and Sophie probably have their own skis and poles for all 4 of them, as well as boots etc. which all can be really expensive. I know most people tend to just hire them out, like we did as we were not rich enough!

I could definitely be a Royal, LOL. I love horses and skiing....

Last edited:
Eeek, they are going to get a lot of stick for that. Though we don't know who paid for the private jet - it could have been from his own pocket, not the money the Queen pays him.

Doesn't all his money come from the Queen?
I thought he didn't have another source of income?

I agree he'll get negative PR for this.
But I have always thought Edward has an enormous sense of entitlement, and much less sense of public awareness than Charles or Anne.

Last edited:
I adore her! Molly post is ready :flowers: Hope you will enjoy it!

I commented Anna. :)

We were talking about meeting famous people last night at work, and one off my said she met Sophie at BP. My colleague was nominated for an award for her services to Childline and NSPCC and met Sophie at a reception at the palace. She said she was really pretty up close, but not as tall as she had though.

I was a wee bit jealous.

Yes, I noticed, thank you Molly! Your support is appreciated.
I read somewhere that she is about 165 cm tall. Still 7 cm taller than me :p
I would love to meet her one day.

This hacking trial has been less about the criminals and more about the victims. It is revealing more private information about the victims lives that was obtained illegally. The trial has been a great source of stories for the media. They are printing all this new info that was obtained through hacking.

This Sophie story is from 2011, 13 years ago!!!! She has worked hard these 13 years for the royal family. Don't know why it's being reported like its something new.

This hacking trial has been less about the criminals and more about the victims. It is revealing more private information about the victims lives that was obtained illegally. The trial has been a great source of stories for the media. They are printing all this new info that was obtained through hacking.

This Sophie story is from 2011, 13 years ago!!!! She has worked hard these 13 years for the royal family. Don't know why it's being reported like its something new.

Typo - it's 2001.

ITs being reported like it's now because it places the emphasis away from media hacks and their owners. It is the media protecting itself. Makes me wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom