Countess of Wessex: Visit to India - September 17-22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annaelfka

Courtier
City
Chorzów
Country
Poland
There is nothing official on it yet, however it was posted in Countess Royal Diary, along with 2 other visits.

Again the information is on the British Royal Families future engagements page, if it wasn't on there, then it wouldn't be official.

It's possible this visit may slot into the current events thread as it will have little to no coverage frankly.

I will make sure that this thread and Qatar thread will get decent coverage.
If Uk in India and UK in Quatar will share info like they used to share with other royal visits, then I see no problem.
Visits to Slovenia, Bulgaria and Romania also got great coverage thanks to Facebook, Twitter and Flickr accounts. I am already following them, and will update. So don't bring our mood down. I'm hoping for the best. :flowers:

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex is undertaking a visit to India and Qatar in support of sight-saving charity ORBIS from Tuesday 17th-Tuesday 24th September.
The Countess will visit the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital in Kolkata, India where she will witness patients undergoing surgery. Onboard HRH will meet medical volunteers from around the world who share their skills with local eye care workers to improve eye care in local communities.
The Countess will travel to a partner hospital where she will met both pre and post operative patients and hear from local trainees. HRH will then attend a medical training symposium where she will make a speech.
The Countess will travel on to Qatar where she will meet members of the local philanthropic community in the country in support of ORBIS’s childhood blindness initiatives in countries such as India and Bangladesh.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsa...sofWessexisundertakingavisittoIndiaandQa.aspx

Last edited:
Programme of visit:

CW.jpg

The Countess of Wessex

17th September 2013
- 22nd will carry out engagements in India.

18th September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020:The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will attend a Meeting with ORBIS at the ITC Hotel in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

19th September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020:The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will visit the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital at Kolkata Airport, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

Patron, Vision 2020:The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will attend a Reception in support of ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital, at the ITC Hotel, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

20th September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020:The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, in support of ORBIS, will visit Susrut Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

21st September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020:The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, in support of ORBIS and Susrut Hospital, will attend an Ophthalmic Training Symposium at Swabhumi, Mang Ranch, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

22nd September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020: The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will attend a Gala Dinner in support of ORBIS at Katara, Qatar.

22nd - 24th will carry out engagements in Qatar.

23rd September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020: The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will visit the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital, at Doha International Airport, Doha, Qatar.

Patron, Vision 2020: The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will attend a Dinner at the British Embassy, Doha, Qatar.

24th September 2013

Patron, Vision 2020: The Right to Sight and Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, will visit the Qatar Foundation and Qatar Science Technology Park, Doha, Qatar.

Last edited:
HRH The Countess of Wessex to visit the Flying Eye Hospital in India and Qatar

16495_cJon%20Hyams_FEH_Welcoming.jpg

Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex is undertaking a visit to India and Qatar in support of sight-saving charity ORBIS from Tuesday 17th-Tuesday 24th September.
The Countess will visit the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital in Kolkata, India where she will witness patients undergoing surgery. Onboard HRH will meet medical volunteers from around the world who share their skills with local eye care workers to improve eye care in local communities.
The Countess will travel to a partner hospital where she will met both pre and post operative patients and hear from local trainees. HRH will then attend a medical training symposium where she will make a speech.
The Countess will travel on to Qatar where she will meet members of the local philanthropic community in the country in support of ORBIS’s childhood blindness initiatives in countries such as India and Bangladesh.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get updates from the event.
via
ORBIS - HRH The Countess of Wessex to visit the Flying Eye Hospital in India and Qatar

PS. Can a moderator of Wessex threads combine India & Qatar topics together? When I was posting those new topics I didin't know that those are joint visits. Thanks!

Wow!! THANKS! I didn't even bother to check getty today, as usually no one is with Countess!

Great to see her getting the coverage she deserves

Chris Jackson is officially my favourite photographer! Lovely photos of Sophie in India, I am impressed that a photographer is following her visit in India. Sophie looks beautiful as always and very chilled in her clothes, which look really comfy! The children look thrilled to meet her and I LOVE the photos of her feeding the fish.

Nice article, I wonder if the Daily Mail will come up with something next. Nice to see a photographer is with her though, that's unusual for Sophie.

Love her outfit thanks for all the photos...

Thanks!
I'm working on coverage in South Africa :D There was even a tiny quarrel between photographers, about India :)

Thanks iceflower, lovely photos of Sophie who genuinely looks interested. I would think eye conditions would be an area of interest for Sophie given Louise's esotropia.

We haven't seen than dress in a while. I do really like it, even if it is very patterned. The close up shot of Sophie is lovely, she honestly has amazing skin and I like that she keeps her freckles and doesn't try to hide them. I have to say, I know she has been a blonde ever since she has been in the public eye, but years of dying your hair blonde does leave it awfully dry.

She's terrific IMO thanks Anna great work as usual...

Sophie is stuning, great work, good cause..We can be happy that this trip of countess's have madia attetion and we can see some of the work/events :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom