Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her parents scandals follow her as they would for anyone. So I guess most people would like to see a little less party girl. That's life ! I think it worries other people more than it does her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case.

Her parents scandals follow her as they would for anyone. So I guess most people would like to see a little less party girl. That's life ! I think it worries other people more than it does her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case.

I do not understand this sort of reasoning at all. Beatrice is not her parents' keeper. If her parents' scandals do follow her, it is only because other people seem determined to make sure they do, and to tar her with the same brush.

It probably does worry other people more than it worries her, because Beatrice knows her parents, and knows them as her parents: the human beings who might have flaws and have made big mistakes but who have also been loving parents to her and her sister, and have kept their family unit together in a remarkable way.

As for the apple not falling far from the tree, the only similarity I can see is that Beatrice seems to like taking lots of holidays and doesn't seem to have ever had a full time job for very long. However, in her circumstances, I don't see anything wrong with this apparent lack of work ethic. It is not unusual in her circle.

Why do most people work? To pay the bills, primarily, and it seems she doesn't need to do that. People also work because it is their duty, or to keep from being bored, or because they enjoy it. Beatrice seems ready and willing to take on Royal duties, but she is not being given them, so that rules out duty. I cannot speak for the boredom or job satisfaction aspects, but whatever she is doing with her time seems to keep her occupied. And she might be working after all, although, if she is, I cannot think of any reason why we would not be told about it, if only to stave off criticism.

Did Princess Margaret's lifestyle reflect badly on the Royal Family? I consider it only reflected badly on Princess Margaret.

I do not understand this sort of reasoning at all. Beatrice is not her parents' keeper. If her parents' scandals do follow her, it is only because other people seem determined to make sure they do, and to tar her with the same brush.

It probably does worry other people more than it worries her, because Beatrice knows her parents, and knows them as her parents: the human beings who might have flaws and have made big mistakes but who have also been loving parents to her and her sister, and have kept their family unit together in a remarkable way.

As for the apple not falling far from the tree, the only similarity I can see is that Beatrice seems to like taking lots of holidays and doesn't seem to have ever had a full time job for very long. However, in her circumstances, I don't see anything wrong with this apparent lack of work ethic. It is not unusual in her circle.

Why do most people work? To pay the bills, primarily, and it seems she doesn't need to do that. People also work because it is their duty, or to keep from being bored, or because they enjoy it. Beatrice seems ready and willing to take on Royal duties, but she is not being given them, so that rules out duty. I cannot speak for the boredom or job satisfaction aspects, but whatever she is doing with her time seems to keep her occupied. And she might be working after all, although, if she is, I cannot think of any reason why we would not be told about it, if only to stave off criticism.

Did Princess Margaret's lifestyle reflect badly on the Royal Family? I consider it only reflected badly on Princess Margaret.

I will make it clear I couldn't care less if she works, parties or whatever. But she does seem to party a lot and people comment on that and in MO it's because her parents have been involved in some pretty dodgy stuff over the years. They didn't let it stop them from going on their merry way same as she does = apple not falling far from tree.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I will make it clear I couldn't care less if she works, parties or whatever. But she does seem to party a lot and people comment on that and in MO it's because her parents have been involved in some pretty dodgy stuff over the years. They didn't let it stop them from going on their merry way same as she does = apple not falling far from tree.

Still not entirely sure I get your point. I'm taking it to be that people talk about Beatrice partying/whatever because of "dodgy" stuff her parents got up to over the years, and because this gossip/press attention didn't stop Andrew and Sarah doing whatever they did and because Beatrice doesn't let it stop her from doing what she's doing, either, the apple is not falling far from the tree.

If so, I don't agree. I don't necessarily see the connection, or attribute her reaction - or, rather, lack of reaction - to the behaviour of her parents. She's a young woman in her 20s and she is an HRH, and they are scarce on the ground at the moment. People are going to talk about her anyway, regardless of what her parents did. And I don't think she should let what people say about her change what's she's doing anyway. She's not doing anything dodgy, just living the life of a wealthy young woman at the highest level of the social strata who doesn't seem to have a highly developed work ethic. Not praiseworhty, perhaps, but not dishonourable.

I'm saying her parents never stopped doing whatever they wanted no matter how much comment was made she is the same no matter how many headlines about party girl she just goes on doing whatever she wants. So very much the attitude of her parents.
Is it fair ? Maybe not but I'm not crying for her she's living a great life compared to the most people. So I don't get the poor princess stuff. She is young wealthy healthy I will cry for someone else

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Poor princess stuff? I must have missed that.

I reckon if she ignores bad press and just goes on doing what she's doing, it's probably because she doesn't think she's done anything wrong, rather than because of anything her parents might do.

I'm not going to cry for her, either. I envy her youth and her money.

:previous: I'd go so far as to say "she knows she hasn't done anything wrong". As to all these sanctimonious worthies canting on about apples and trees? Well, quite frankly we only know a very little about what she is doing courtesy of the DM et al. In truth we know very little about what she actually is doing and in my opinion, we don't need to know.

It really bothers me with the continual harping about how she lives her life:

• She is a Princess . . . she shouldn't be because we've decided she's surplus to requirements. Anyway, she's Andrew and Sarah's daughter and we all know what they're like!

• She is a role model and has no business behaving other than as a perfect royal princess (according to DM standards), but we still don't actually need her, she's just sort of backfill in the royal family.

• We see her out with the Queen and Prince Philip . . . what's she doing with them, she's just being pushy and we've already decided her place isn't there? Probably trying to use her grandparents and persuade them to let her be a working royal and muscle in on but Kate's role.

What utter hypocrisy!

hmmm, I was talking to my friend from Norfolk, she said she didn't really paticulary like Princess Beatrice due to her parents, mostly Sarah. *sigh...

I would say half the battle for the York girls is their parents past. She didn't mention Bea's vacations, or how she goes clubbing from time to time or Bea's lack of work ethic(supposedly), she just didn't bring up those things as to why she didn't like Bea. she plainly said she didn't like Bea because of her parents.

I would say Bea does more than occasional charity work and less than a working royal's charity work. This year seems a bit slow charity wise for her, but she has been consistent these last few years. One year she even did more charity work than PH and the Cambridges, although it's from my unofficially tally so I might be biased.

I agree with some saying she has done nothing wrong. I'm sure she is no saint and has made mistakes in her personal life, but she has yet to do anything wrong public wise.

Last edited:
If she received a £1,000,000 in 1996. She could be living off the interest.

What if in 1996 her father invested a large part of that £1,000,000 in Apple or Google or any other profitable internet stock how much would she be worth today?

How much would her trust fund from her grandmother and great-grandmother be worth after 27 years?

How much would her trust fund from the Queen, QEQM and from her parent's divorce be worth if Andrew had invested all in Apple/Google stock since 1988?

Andrew might have the midas touch when selecting investments.

What if that financial course was for her to manage her investments after she received ownership of them?

What if she works for an organization like Elephant Family where they have events in different countries? She might not work a standard 9-5 job or a regular work week. It may be whenever they have an event she works 12-15 hours days for several weeks then off for several weeks. Her work schedule could be very irregular.

She could be an event coordinator.

Or on her latest job she could have 5-10 vacation days that she takes around weekends & holidays.

According the DM she was spotted in the U.K. around the Columbus Day holiday and around the Thanksgiving Day holiday so next up would be the Christmas holiday.

I somehow don't understand the reasons so many people are what, picking on this girl, harassing this girl, so somebody explain it to me please. I look at this girl who was born into this family of titles, wealth and privilege, she gets no money from the civil list from what I have read, her father now pays for her security, she has mega money of her own, she does not have to work (oh how I wish that were me) and she has lots of fun, goes where she pleases, see who she pleases, has not committed any crimes so what is the problem? One read this a long time ago from an actress in Spain, PC, the dark haired beauty in some movie about pirates.......she said: "You cannot live your life looking at yourself from someone else's point of view", so isn't that what PB is doing, living her life on her terms as long as she hurts nobody? I think in a way we all do that to some extent, live our lives and wish we had her money to help along the way. I like her, she is a cute rich social girl with sometimes horrible taste in clothes example hats. :lol::lol: :flowers:

I've read that if you have 6000000 SEK (687000 $, 457000 £, 648000€) invested wisely you'd be able to live a comfortable Swedish middle class lifestyle without having to work and as I'm sure Beatrice has more than that tucked away she manages very well on her own.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Andrew might have the midas touch when selecting investments.

Seriously?

If he wasn't the Queen's son, I think Andrew would be joining Fergie on the lists of Bankrupts. Jmo.

But of course he is the Queen's (favorite?) son, so that fate will not befall him.

If Andrew was so great with investments Sarah wouldn't have been on the verge of bankruptcy so many times. So that makes no sense. She would have money to live she doesn't have to work. It's her playing at career girl that I think upsets people. She has already had way more then 5-10 days of this new job she started a few months ago she was in London for a week or more for sarahs birthday, she went on vacation right after getting the job etc. Let's not forget that Bea is also very good at letting people think she is working when she isn't she has done it everytime she has either quit or been fired from a job. I don't think she will last much longer in New York it just doesn't seem to suit her. And the job is supposed to be in finance which would mean for most people 9-5 or even longer hours she is in New York where the finance world is dog eat dog. I'm sure she will be back for Christmas and New Year and then her family ski trip most people who start jobs do not get vacation time right of the bat they usually have to be there for sometime unless your a Princess. She might be doing it without being paid then someone else is doing her job and she is going to run out of luck someone will start complaining!

If Andrew was so great with investments Sarah wouldn't have been on the verge of bankruptcy so many times. So that makes no sense. She would have money to live she doesn't have to work. It's her playing at career girl that I think upsets people. She has already had way more then 5-10 days of this new job she started a few months ago she was in London for a week or more for sarahs birthday, she went on vacation right after getting the job etc. Let's not forget that Bea is also very good at letting people think she is working when she isn't she has done it everytime she has either quit or been fired from a job. I don't think she will last much longer in New York it just doesn't seem to suit her. And the job is supposed to be in finance which would mean for most people 9-5 or even longer hours she is in New York where the finance world is dog eat dog. I'm sure she will be back for Christmas and New Year and then her family ski trip most people who start jobs do not get vacation time right of the bat they usually have to be there for sometime unless your a Princess. She might be doing it without being paid then someone else is doing her job and she is going to run out of luck someone will start complaining!

I am just curious, why does PB have to work to make other people happy with her? Heck, if I had the kind of money I would not be working, I would do all the things I can't do now, there are a million things that she could be doing and she is doing what any young rich wealthy girl is doing, and there are lots of those running around this world with and without titles. Even though her grandmother is queen, and as such HM seems to not think she is doing anything wrong from what we see and read, and complaining about what, somebody is doing her job, well, let that person do the job and get paid for it, that is employing another person and keeping them from the unemployment line, let PB do as she is doing, enjoying life as I see it, not hurting anyone, just doing what those young rich girls do, spending money and that to me helps the economy.

And as far as Sarah goes, why should Andrew pay her way in life, they are divorced and she should be able to take care of herself instead of relying on him or any other person to take care of her, She got her settlement and what she did with it is her responsibility not his, oh, I am not giving him a break yet Sarah is a grown woman who seems very needy, maybe talking to a professional will get her on her feet to live her own life. I think Andrew is an intelligent person and sees the world the way he wants it and does as he pleases and he does have a habit of not picking the best of company for friends, sorry off topic now, back on, so as for PB, she seems like she loves her family, all of them, enjoys life and I think most of us are that way.
Not trying to rock the boat where PB is concerned yet I am far from understanding what the world expects her to do :bang: so I need someone to tell me do you want of her? :flowers:

What it all boils down to is that as far as the private financial situation of any of the British Royal Family, we will never know what their bank accounts look like, where they got the money from and how they choose to spend it. If Anne decided to up and sell Gatcombe and retire to the remote desert and take up falconry, she can. If Andrew decided to actually purchase a barrel of monkeys to make him laugh, He can. If HM, The Queen up and decided that in her 90s its time for some excitement and wishes to spend a week at the craps table in Monaco, she can.

The only reason I've really seen given that Beatrice should not be seen shopping and partying and vacationing as these reflect poorly on the BRF and she should "toe the line". Why? In the United States, 14.5% of its people live below the poverty line. Should we expect the Obama family to live in austerity because some of us do? We don't.

Beatrice is a granddaughter of the Queen and holds the title of princess because of the way things are set up for that title. She does not work at representing the Queen and Crown. Because of how things work, Zara does not hold the title of princess but other than that, their situations are exactly the same and no one pays attention to Zara's coming and goings and what she spends and what she does with her money. Its my opinion that Beatrice deserves the same courtesy. If Beatrice can up and decide she wants to go to the far reaches of Siberia and open up a car repair shop, she can.

Simple. :D

Last edited:
It is all because of who she is that so many people feel they can pick/harass and dump on her, that is sad of those people to think/feel/and be like that.

Thank you for putting into words better then I could!:flowers::flowers:;)

One of the best reasons for the whole 'picking on Beatrice' thing is that she appears to be a young, royal woman who is happy doing what she's doing. It seems that many people don't like princes and princesses enjoying themselves, particularly in sunny locations, unless it's offset with a huge number of public appearances for charity. It's the same when William and Catherine take a holiday in a warm place. If they went to Balmoral, there wouldn't be so much said about it. However, there seems to be an issue whenever members of the BRF sun themselves. Something similar happened when Princess Margaret took her vacations in Mustique.

There's kind of a reverse feminism happening with the view of Beatrice's work life IMO. Instead of Beatrice being lauded to be able to choose to have a career--which was the case of women starting to work in the 1970s--she's faulted for not having one. Today the mantra is "a woman must work outside the home" rather than "a woman should have the opportunity to work outside the home".

She's not given the opportunity to do full-time appearances on behalf of the Queen, and so it makes sense for her to work in order to do something with her time; but she really doesn't have to in a financial sense.

Many people work on temporary contracts these days. Perhaps that is something that Beatrice is doing. We don't know whether the jobs she's had have been permanent, full-time jobs, or contracts. Young people often try out different jobs until they find out what suits them.

I think that Beatrice is just fine the way she is. This idea that members of the BRF have to do either full-time royal duties or work in a full-time job is a fairly recent phenomenon, and I think that it affects the most recent adult generation.

I've been royal-watching for about 35 years, and I've never seen members of the BRF held up to the kind of public pressure they are now. I think it has to do with the omnipresence of media and economic hard-times. People are resentful of those who appear to have an 'easy' time of it.

I am just curious, why does PB have to work to make other people happy with her? Heck, if I had the kind of money I would not be working, I would do all the things I can't do now, there are a million things that she could be doing and she is doing what any young rich wealthy girl is doing, and there are lots of those running around this world with and without titles. Even though her grandmother is queen, and as such HM seems to not think she is doing anything wrong from what we see and read, and complaining about what, somebody is doing her job, well, let that person do the job and get paid for it, that is employing another person and keeping them from the unemployment line, let PB do as she is doing, enjoying life as I see it, not hurting anyone, just doing what those young rich girls do, spending money and that to me helps the economy.

I'll give my two cents on the subject.

Beatrice's biggest problem is her parents. And not because of the whole "sins of the father get passed down" tripe. It's because Andrew and Sarah are the worst brand managers I've ever seen.

The reason the public thinks Beatrice is an eager beaver to become a full-time royal, is her mother. Sarah has given interviews talking about how Beatrice has the soul of her grandmother, The Queen. How out of all the Windsors, it is Beatrice who inherited The Queen call of duty and responsibility. Sarah also likes to talk about how a never-wrong Psychic, predicted that someday Beatrice would be Monarch instead of the Wales boys. Sarah has inadvertently given the impression that Beatrice is pathologically jealous of William, George, Charlotte, and Harry.

Then there was Royal Wedding hat fiasco. When Sarah was asked about why Beatrice thought that hat was a good idea, instead of quipping about the creativity of the milliner they commissioned, Sarah responded "because I wasn't there when she was getting ready". Sarah made her 23 year old daughter seem like an immature dolt who can't be trusted to get dressed without her mother's guiding hand. I suspect Sarah's real motive for the comment was to passive-aggressively complain about not being invited, but Beatrice got unintentionally stabbed in the back.

Perhaps the most cringe-worthy incident was when Sarah issued a press release saying Beatrice was taking a Finance Course in the United States. Sarah was purposefully vague on the details, so the media took her words at face value and ran with it. It was reported all over that Beatrice was now a University student in the United States. Articles discussed the differences between American and English University cultures and gave helpful study tips to Beatrice. Later it emerged that there was no University Course, Beatrice only enrolled in a two-day seminar in the Bay Area. Beatrice was severely mocked for this, they said her over-inflated ego made a mountain out of molehill.

As for her career in Finance, nobody expects Beatrice to be some high-flying financier, who regularly appears in Business Week. But once again her parents did her no favors. After her internship with Sony fell by the wayside, her father's website kept proudly proclaiming that his daughter works in Finance, he kept this up even during Beatrice's nine-month holiday spree. The media cited his website as to what Beatrice considers "working in Finance". Once again her parents set her up for public ridicule.

When you ignore the bells, the whistles, and the smokescreens her parents throw around Beatrice, it all becomes much simpler. You see a young woman who has happily embraced the socialite life, like 90% of the other women in her social-set. Beatrice loves to travel, to party, to meet interesting people, to attend store openings, to attend society events. She gets involved in a couple of of good charity projects every year in addition to her annual charities. And she dabbles with short-term internships, and part-time jobs when it's convenient for her schedule. These other 90% of socialites do the exact same thing - usually until they're married. I don't know if marriage is Beatrice's goal, or if she content with the status quo. She seems happy, though.

Beatrice isn't harming anyone. She isn't an albatross around the public's neck. But she also isn't doing anything spectacular. She's an ordinary socialite. The problem is her parents can't accept that she's 'ordinary'. They sabotage her with lofty goals and proclamations that she can't live up to.

I'll try to give you a comparison. Pretend Beatrice is a young Hollywood actress who has a supporting role on a popular television show. She's somewhat famous but it's an unheralded role. It would be like her parents giving interviews saying they fully expect her to win her first Emmy by the time she's 30, and then she off to the big screen! That when they watch her they see the aura of Audrey Hepburn. Her father's website boasting her as a lead actress. Her mother issues press releases every time she auditions for a part. She would be the laughing stock of Hollywood. People would be telling her to fire her parents as managers because they are ruining her career.

For whatever reason, Andrew and Sarah leave Eugenie to march to the beat of her own drum and Eugenie is thriving. But the two of them have dug their claws deep into Brand Beatrice and they're both woefully incompetent at brand management. They need to be fired and then Beatrice will be fine.

Last edited:
There are some interesting perspectives on Beatrice here. One thing I conclude is that Beatrice is simply a royal socialite who has a few charitable interests, attends one or two official duties and/or events from time to time and may or may not have a full or part-time job.

This makes me think that really, not very much else is known about her, what her interests are, whether she takes an active interest in the history she so keenly learned or does any drama etc these days. It's unfortunate (perhaps mainly for us) that whatever her interests are or have been do not lend themselves to making a career out of them or for being renowned in said interests.

Hence the media articles are all about holidays or shopping - really rather boring and repetitive and surprising it sells newspapers at all.

Beatrice only enrolled in a two-day seminar in the Bay Area. Beatrice was severely mocked for this, they said her over-inflated ego made a mountain out of molehill.

As for her career in Finance,
nobody expects Beatrice to be some high-flying financier, who regularly appears in Business Week. But once again her parents did her no favors. After her internship with Sony fell by the wayside, her father's website kept proudly proclaiming that his daughter works in Finance, he kept this up even during Beatrice's nine-month holiday spree.

Andrew's website lists:
Princess Beatrice works full time in business.
Princess Eugenie is pursuing a career in the art world.
(It was copyrighted in 2014 so it may not have been updated.)

Beatrice did not say she was working in finance. but the media and the 'haters' latched on to this and attacked her because of their assumption.
A clear case of blaming the victim. (Which Beatrice clearly is a victim of bullying.)

Her father's website states Beatrice worked full time in business.
In 2014 she was working for a business (Sony).

Some people only read and believe what they already believe.

IMO, the York Family is trying to move away from being part of the RF or at least ensure that their daughters are prepared when the Queen dies and they are no longer granddaughters of the monarch.

They bought a house in Switzerland, probably as an investment for Beatrice and Eugenie. It might become their permanent base.

I also think Sarah and Andrew are encouraging Beatrice and Eugenie to try to find a life outside of the U.K. I think they rented a NY apartment for them but want each daughter to spread her wings outs on her own. Although Eugenie was younger, she was the first to leave the nest and try her luck in NY.

Beatrice may be having a harder time adjusting to life in NY and so she travels more than Eugenie. Or Beatrice might not like living in NY.

I think the reason Eugenie is back in the U.K. is because it is Beatrice's turn to live on her own in the U.S.

IMO, Beatrice may be having a hard time finding her true passion and her mother may be trying to encourage her by making some statements in public. (Although I have never heard any of them.)

I think Beatrice's interest lies in the media and fashion.

According to Eugenie, Beatrice is into fashion.
She could be working for a fashion house or preparing to launch her own label.
She could join the long list of famous people who launched a clothing line.

Her finance class could be to help her run a business or for managing her investments.

The House of York has a nice ring. PBY also is catchy.

Last edited:
Andrew's website lists:
Princess Beatrice works full time in business.
Princess Eugenie is pursuing a career in the art world.
(It was copyrighted in 2014 so it may not have been updated.)

Beatrice did not say she was working in finance. but the media and the 'haters' latched on to this and attacked her because of their assumption.
A clear case of blaming the victim. (Which Beatrice clearly is a victim of bullying.)

Her father's website states Beatrice worked full time in business.
In 2014 she was working for a business (Sony).

Some people only read and believe what they already believe.

So you're upset that I intertwined the words business and finance. You should be upset that Andrew didn't update his website after Beatrice was no longer employed. Andrew has fifty-five years experience in the public eye, he knows the media spotlights any lie or fake promotion that they see. He led his daughter in front of the firing squad, and the media gleefully shot. He either did this on purpose or it was a case of incompetence. I choose the latter.

I blamed her parents. I don't see them as victims in this scenario. Therefore, there is no victim blaming. I never said that the media are angels. If you've read some of my other posts you know I loathe the British media. But I truly believe Beatrice's worst enemy is her parents, as I detailed in my previous post.

The fact that you misconstrued my post, a post that was defending Beatrice, shows clearly that "Some people only read and believe what they already believe."

Last edited:
So you're upset that I intertwined the words business and finance. You should be upset that Andrew didn't update his website after Beatrice was no longer employed. Andrew has fifty-five years experience in the public eye, he knows the media spotlights any lie or fake promotion that they see. He led his daughter in front of the firing squad, and the media gleefully shot. He either did this on purpose or it was a case of incompetence. I choose the latter.

I blamed her parents. I don't see them as victims in this scenario. Therefore, there is no victim blaming. I never said that media are angels. If you've read some of my other posts you know I loathe the British media. But I truly believe Beatrice's worst enemy is her parents, as I detailed in my previous post.

The fact that you misconstrued my post, a post that was defending Beatrice, shows clearly that "Some people only read and believe what they already believe."

Sorry you misconstrued my post.
I said the media and haters. They are always going on about her 'finance' job. Beatrice took a finance class and the media latched on it and so did her haters.

I just want to add that Andrew's incompetence is especially blaring considering the scandal he went through last January. He knew that media from all over the world would be scouring his website for little land mines. A conspiracy theorist would say he deliberately sabotaged Beatrice to take the heat off himself. Right around the time the media started their major attack against Beatrice, they stopped talking about Andrew's scandal. Personally, I think Andrew adores his daughters, but he's an absolute dunderhead when it comes to P.R. and Marketing. That's why he should be "fired" from publicly representing his daughters.

Remember when William/Catherine/Harry briefly combined their press team with Charles'. The trio got the worst P.R. of their lives under his management. When the trio split from Charles their media image improved. I think Beatrice should look at her cousins and say "hmmm, father doesn't always know best".

Last edited:
I don't believe Beatrice wants to have a regular job at all.

I think she wants to be a full-time Royal like her father, but it doesn't seem as if she will be allowed to do this.

Failing that, I think she'd like to marry, have a family, and have a few charities she could support, but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

I really feel sorry for her, for her lifestyle seems rather frivolous- kind of like the lifestyle the GFs of celebrities have.

Personally i think she may like the lifestyle she has now she can support her charities /education, have the occasional official duty, though she does attend quite a few royal events unofficially and have a life outside of the BRF.

@miss whirley If it is true and its a big IF, that his daughters are some sacrificial lamb to the media I don't think they mind taking the heat off their father, hence why they go along with it.

Last edited:
duchesschicana

I don't think that Andrew would ever intentionally bring mockery to his daughters. I'm just saying I understand how others would think it deliberate because of all the buffoonery he and Sarah pulled. They would think he had to learn basic P.R. by now. But nope, he really is that clueless, and now Beatrice gets the shaft. hahaha

It's like this summer when Andrew and Sarah hired seven dwarves for Eugenie's birthday party. You would think that someone who's been in the media spotlight for 55 years would see that this would be a horrible idea. That this would make Eugenie an easy target for the media. Warning bells should have blared in his head. Instead, I bet he was shocked that Eugenie got criticized over it. lmao

Last edited:
duchesschicana It's like this summer when Andrew and Sarah hired seven dwarves for Eugenie's birthday party. You would think that someone who's been in the media spotlight for 55 years would see that this would be a horrible idea. That this would make Eugenie an easy target for the media. Warning bells should have blared in his head. Instead, I bet he was shocked that Eugenie got criticized over it. lmao

I don't believe that there was anything wrong or horrible about hiring professional little people to play parts at a themed birthday party. If anything, it was the little people themselves benefiting from gaining, most probably, a very generous paycheck for their time. If, for any reason, they had felt insulted or demeaned being asked to play dwarves, they could very well have refused.

I don't believe that there was anything wrong or horrible about hiring professional little people to play parts at a themed birthday party. If anything, it was the little people themselves benefiting from gaining, most probably, a very generous paycheck for their time. If, for any reason, they had felt insulted or demeaned being asked to play dwarves, they could very well have refused.

Well, Andrew and Sarah never learn from their mistakes. Don't be surprised if for Beatrice's 30th birthday they throw a Gone With The Wind themed party. Where Beatrice gets to dress up as Scarlett O'Hara and Dave can dress up as Rhett Butler. Then Andrew will dole out a large paycheck to local African actors to play slaves for the theme. Heck, they might even set the Royal Lodge on fire to complete the atmosphere.

Then the next day Andrew and Sarah will be shocked and appalled that the media is calling Beatrice a colonial racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom