The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Is it possible that Beatrice has severe dyslexia preventing her from working normal type jobs.?

Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness

Many many people have severe learning difficulties and can work and even excel in normal jobs. But I guess if you absolutely no incentives and need for money like Beatrice it makes the struggle pointless.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Like some have said here i don't think there's a wining situation she'll be criticized no matter what she does wether she has a job or not and for all we know she could have a job wouldn't doubt the press having hid that, so they can make her seem more work shy . As they seem to like withholding stuff until it suits them,just an opinion my understanding is and I'm only going on tabloid talk is that bea was working at Cabot Square Capital, again until her NY job kicked in , I don't know how true that is though.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've got a question. Do we even know that either Beatrice or Eugenie have any desire to be a working member of the "Firm"?

From what I've been reading here, its been made to look like they got the shaft when keeping them off royal duties representing the Queen and I do know that Andrew wants his girls to be treated like full blown royal princesses of the blood but have we heard anywhere how the girls feel about it?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

^ Exactly as far as I know we don't know how the girls feel about the possibility of being a working royal, or if they even want to become a working royal. We know what the tabloids tell us and they aren't alway accurate. We know how they feel about charities, but not of that. like i said there's a good chance that Bea may enjoy her ''civilian'' life, she isn't a working royal, so she can have her life , her charity/hospice work, her support for education and occasional duty. and of course there are lots of times she is at family events unofficially, etc.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:06 AM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015

According to the journalist Phil Dampier, Prince Andrew vetoed plans by courtiers to have Princess Beatrice join him on his official trip to Singapore. Though he states no sources and I don't really know how reliable he is. https://twitter.com/phildampier/stat...89848103505920

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-11-2015, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Given the fact that Andrew has, in the past, stated that he would like the girls to assist him in his work I am not sure how accurate this is. Has Andrew really changed his mind or had it changed for him? It would be good if true that someone is taking notice of the bad PR Beatrice is getting with her regular holidays however.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to the journalist Phil Dampier, Prince Andrew vetoed plans by courtiers to have Princess Beatrice join him on his official trip to Singapore. Though he states no sources and I don't really know how reliable he is. https://twitter.com/phildampier/stat...89848103505920
DM picks up on this story

Royal officials fretting about Princess Beatrice's holidays*by EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

She's joined him on a couple of trips before.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

DM make your mind on who's the bad guy on not letting bea do official events is it PC or the DOY? it can't be both and i doubt this is true as she went with him officially before like last year to Dubai or something like that to open a school, this is why Ill never believe bea has a job in NY until we have evidence
Old 08-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Commoner

She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Which is why I wish they'd make things clear. If she's to have no role, she should give up her title when she marries and the press will leave her alone. Maybe not at first but eventually they would. Otherwise, this will just roll on and on. Let's face facts, Andrew hasn't exactly endeared himself to the press or to the public and that makes it easy for people to believe the worst about Beatrice and Eugenie.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

I do think that when [and if] they marry, the York Princesses should henceforth be titled as the daughters of a non-Royal Duke... ie Lady Beatrice Clark [if she marries as expected].

Then they would be free of the tiresome demands currently made of them, by the Press.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

I doubt it would matter to the public if they gave up their titles, they'd still be royals from the british royal family, they'd still be bashed and why should they have to anyways
Old 08-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

Why should she give up her title, just because some people do not like her parents?

I think she and Dave have decided to move to New York for a few years.

Her trips to New York were probably for job interviews, although the DM caulks them up as vacations.

She may work for a global firm with offices in London, New York and Switzerland.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Let's say it's true that and PA vetoed the idea of bea going to an event with him, which i doubt, it was a bad move on his part, least she would have been seen representing the british monarchy. Just seen the original tweet phildampier seems to be in nothing but gossip about royals and celebs, so I doubt he's creditable.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Why should she give up her title, just because some people do not like her parents?

I think she and Dave have decided to move to New York for a few years.

Her trips to New York were probably for job interviews, although the DM caulks them up as vacations.

She may work for a global firm with offices in London, New York and Switzerland.
I don't think it's anything to do with Andrew and Sarah's popularity (or lack of it - and let's make no mistake here, they aren't popular in general in the UK), I think it's more making the distinction that they're members of the Royal Family but not working members of the Royal Family if that makes sense. And look at Zara Phillips who has never had a title. The press leave her alone because she hasn't got the baggage of the HRH. Beatrice has and sadly, her trips to New York might well have been for job interviews but most Britons are struggling. To see Princess Beatrice swanning around on a yacht with Oprah with no proof that she's earning her keep....it's not very PR savvy and someone at the Palace needs to make it clear that something needs to be done once and for all about the future of the York girls. Even Princess Michael carries out more engagements than they do, albeit not official ones. It doesn't look good.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Courtier

There is a huge difference between dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculus and dysgraphia which are all specific learning disabilities and downs syndrome etc which are learning disabilities. I have specific learning disabilities and have gotten several degrees and worked for twenty odd years with no reasonable adjustments despite legislation that demands it should be in place in UK workplaces dependent on the size of the company/organization. Prince Harry is also dyslexic as is James Middleton.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

From what i seen when concerning bea and her dyslexia and how she deals with it, like when she does speeches for instance . She does't read from pre written speeches. It seems like she kind of just has points memorized and says things. I have learning disability as well, but I don't think Bea uses her dyslexia as an excuse as to why doesn't work. I just think she's used to a certain lifestyle, and she'll live a certain type of lifestyle no matter the criticism. To be frank i think she may be used to the criticism/bashing, even as a young girl people and press loved to bash her , she may just ignore it and goes on with her life unless it's someone from her family telling her this and that, I highly doubt she pays attention to what others say .
Old 08-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Beatrice's only 'crime' is she is the daughter of Andrew and Sarah.

She still young, she is just a little girl. She had an unhappy childhood. She witness the breakup of her parents' marriage when she was just a baby. She had a difficult childhood.

She accomplished so much even with her unhappy childhood and her dyslexia.
Just curious....

Did she really have an unhappy childhood? Seems like she lead a pretty privileged life. She was raised in an untraditional family situation, but that doesn't mean she wasn't loved or had opportunities.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Majesty

I think that she would have had a difficult childhood. She must have missed her father when he was away at sea or during the week, and then her parents (according to Sarah) would argue before he went back to work. Her parents' marriage breakup would have been hard on her while it was going on. After they divorced, things seemed to improve between them. I have no doubt though that her very early childhood would have affected her. Things that happen when we're very young always have a great effect on us, although we might not realize it until much later.

Tags
current events, princess beatrice