The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2016, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think someone on these forums predicted this in the "predictions for 2016" thread: either they announce their engagement or they split up...

Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe its just me but I have a problem with people tearing apart and putting back together two people's relationship where there really isn't any kind of a clue of what these two people are like with each other privately or know how these two people feel about each other privately. To me, its kind of like if I'm in a cranky mood and my words show it in a post that people presume all is not well at Belly Acres in West Virginia.

I just wish the best for both Beatrice and Dave no matter what they decide to do with their lives.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The version of William and Dave that I have heard is that they were friends for a long time but something happened and now William doesn't like or trust Dave. It is possible for it to be both ways so long as there is a timeline and over a 10 year period it is possible that William's attitude to Dave has changed.

I think quite a few people consider that Dave was using Beatrice for her social connections. That's what I believe.
I've heard he used every opportunity to promote his business.

Let's see what happens once the invitations dry up!
He may decide he's not so adverse to marriage after all.

(But I hope she doesn't go back to him. She can do better).
Old 08-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The version of William and Dave that I have heard is that they were friends for a long time but something happened and now William doesn't like or trust Dave. It is possible for it to be both ways so long as there is a timeline and over a 10 year period it is possible that William's attitude to Dave has changed.
There's no proof that Dave and William isn't on good terms. They really don't run in the same circle though.

According to Richard Palmer, Beatrice still lives in New York.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...rices-break-up

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
According to Richard Palmer, Beatrice still lives in New York.

Princess Beatrices break up | Royal | News | Daily Express

I keep seeing conflicting stories: some say she is still in NYC, others that she has been back in the UK for three months.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Wonder how Bea is spending her 28th birthday or where.

I was under the impression she had returned to the UK but maybe not so.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

I'm a bit old fashioned, but after 10 years of "dating" I'd like to know where I stand and where we're going. I'm not sure he's ready for the idea of marrying a princess and hanging out with the royals.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

To be honest, what would actually change for Dave when he married Beatrice? Their children wouldn't have titles. She's not actively involved in Royal life, they've attended Ascot together and you don't have to ride in the parade. He's met the family, so what would be different?

I don't think it's the fact she's royal. I think from either side, one is not ready to commit to the other and therein lies the problem.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Majesty

If their relationship has been unsettled, it goes a way to explain Beatrice's "wanderings", for lack of a better word. It's hard to build a life if a person is constantly following a person around. Dave's career path doesn't seem to have taken many turns, whereas Beatrice's has.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
To be honest, what would actually change for Dave when he married Beatrice? Their children wouldn't have titles. She's not actively involved in Royal life, they've attended Ascot together and you don't have to ride in the parade. He's met the family, so what would be different?

I don't think it's the fact she's royal. I think from either side, one is not ready to commit to the other and therein lies the problem.
His life would change up a bit if he marries her. Dave would be included in the family gatherings and family events. I'm sure he's used to it by now, since he's been welcomed by the family over the years though. He would be under some scrutiny by being her husband too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It was the first birthday she spent as a newly single woman in a long time, but Princess Beatrice had a strong circle of friends around her. She turned 28 in the company of her high-society pals, celebrating in East Hampton in New York.

Beatrice was joined by hotel heiress Lydia Forte, who she has known for years, and oil heir Mike Hess, who has also just celebrated his 30th birthday.

Lydia shared an Instagram photo of the pair posing in front of a chocolate and raspberry cake and wrote: "Happy happy birthday to you two awesome people. Love you both xxx."
Read more: Princess Beatrice's 28th birthday plans revealed
Old 08-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is sad that the news of the split between Beatrice and Dave came shortly before Beatrice's birthday. It makes one wonder: Is Beatrice focusing more on her birthday or past remembrances of Dave?
Old 08-10-2016, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...hael-Hess.html

Tatler offers hilarious break-up advice to heartbroken Princess Beatrice* | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-10-2016, 05:11 AM
Courtier

I kind of think that this is Beatrice confirming the split. It is a private photo wasn't taken by the press etc so she had to agree for it to go public. Funny after a couple of months she is back in the US. I would of thought she would want her friends and family around her. We will have to see if more pictures come out.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The Daily Mail took the photo off a friend's social media. Bea didn't have to agree to it. Just have a friend with loose privacy settings. The DM does it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I kind of think that this is Beatrice confirming the split. It is a private photo wasn't taken by the press etc so she had to agree for it to go public. Funny after a couple of months she is back in the US. I would of thought she would want her friends and family around her. We will have to see if more pictures come out.
I could not imagine going back to NYC in August to lick my wounds. Hot, lonely, sticky. But, ah, I see she is in the Hamptons. Now that's a grand place from which one can move on...
Old 08-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

She still live in New York. Being in the Hampton's isn't bad either, lol. I would go and visit Ina Garten, lol.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

I expect a big pap interest now in Bea assuming she's a girl singleton ..... closest of the kind to the throne except for Charlotte!
Old 08-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I tend to agree, or perhaps it just fizzled out. The photos of them together didn't really show much enthusiasm for each other. He just looked like a "tag along".
Old 08-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Gentry

If the Queen dies in lets say ten years or even before that(I hope not), would Beatrice's position in the Royal Family change since she would be a Counselor of State until George is 21.

Tags
current events, princess beatrice