Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that rmay.

Will they not be going to Zara's wedding, which is very soon? Or do you think Andrew & the girls will return to Canada afterwards to continue with their vacation?

Alex

Thanks for your previous message on the Yorks' family holidays. I had forgotten about Beatrice's graduation.

Agree with rmay that they probably won't be in Northern Canada for any length of time. With the flies and mosquitoes, I can't see it being Beatrice and Eugenie's favourite place to visit and it will be cold at night. It's a long flight over here and then another long flight to northern Canada, so I can't see them returning.

I would think that the three of them would be attending Zara's wedding. They would have been invited. But if they do attend, it will probably be the Duke's first public appearance since stepping down from his trade position, so maybe not. They may just use the excuse that they are in northern Canada.

I just hope the man gets a chance to get some rest & spend some time with just his daugther's and not feel the need to worry about what he is going to do in life from here. I am sure those discussions have been have been had & he will eventually assume his new role whatever that that is. That job as trade rep had a heavy travel schedule and to do it for 10 years would wear anyone out. Maybe now now he can get his house in order & still do his duty but have a life of his own also.

I am interested to find out from the more educated a few things re Andrew's position, when Charles becomes King what with that power could he actually force upon Andrew? - e.g. without wanting to rehash the whole remarriage to Sarah debate what I'd like to know is from a (I suppose) legal viewpoint could he actually technically/literally do anything to prevent it? Royal Lodge was formely the Queen Mother's residence but is it now Andrew's for as long as he wants it and is free to have who he wants living it in? Could Charles force Sarah or indeed Andrew himself out? Alternatively are there things that Charles can huff and puff all his wants but can't do anything about if Andrew was strong, determined and stood his ground. Where I'm coming from and what I've been musing is the possibility that Andrew mighn't have the same respect or close relationship with Charles as he does with his mother, and therefore would upsetting or going against Charles wishes bother him as much especially if he has the hump because he feels his daughters are being singled out or treated unfairly when it comes to family decisions.

I think this is something for the (hopefully very distant) future.

But if I had to speculate, I would say that Charles could exercise what influence he might (or might not) have. However, given Charles' rather bumbling ways, his siblings would find it relatively easy to circumvent his demands.

But none of this may happen. The Queen would make her own dispositions which would probably make everything easier - for the Family and the Country.

I like Russophile's idea of him doing some sort of work to support the UK's Armed Forces and perhaps those of the Commonwealth as well. It's one area where he definitely has useful experience.

I think that is a good idea as well. Andrew was a good pilot, he needs to go back to the military where his strengths lie

I am interested to find out from the more educated a few things re Andrew's position, when Charles becomes King what with that power could he actually force upon Andrew? - e.g. without wanting to rehash the whole remarriage to Sarah debate what I'd like to know is from a (I suppose) legal viewpoint could he actually technically/literally do anything to prevent it? Royal Lodge was formely the Queen Mother's residence but is it now Andrew's for as long as he wants it and is free to have who he wants living it in? Could Charles force Sarah or indeed Andrew himself out? Alternatively are there things that Charles can huff and puff all his wants but can't do anything about if Andrew was strong, determined and stood his ground. Where I'm coming from and what I've been musing is the possibility that Andrew mighn't have the same respect or close relationship with Charles as he does with his mother, and therefore would upsetting or going against Charles wishes bother him as much especially if he has the hump because he feels his daughters are being singled out or treated unfairly when it comes to family decisions.

Royal Lodge is a grace and favor residence, so I suppose Charles could put his foot down and force Fergie out.

But the question is, would he?
Fergie is not popular but that course of action would make Charles look like a bully.

Otoh, Andrew always seems strapped for cash, and Charles will hold the purse strings. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

(If Phillip outlives the Queen, it wouldn't bode well for Fergie).

According to a little blurb in The National Enquirer here, Prince Andrew has been begging his mummy to let Fergie attend events with him and the girls.

HM is a person of great thought and very slow action, so she may just decide let this go until Charles takes over.

It's hard to take seriously anything the National Enquirer posts as fact.

It's hard to take seriously anything the National Enquirer posts as fact.

Then I guess the whole John Edwards love child story that they broke, along with the Schwarzeneggar bastard child, were untrue? :lol:

Like it or not, the NE has gone from rubbish to on-the-mark. I wonder myself, though, if this story isn't some trial balloon being sent up to test the appetite, and in a "friendly" market (specifically the US, which theoretically "likes" Sarah.)

Then I guess the whole John Edwards love child story that they broke, along with the Schwarzeneggar bastard child, were untrue? :lol:
Well I draw the line if it comes out in the NE that Andrew really is a Roswell alien child. I mean it NaP! Line in the sand. Not going any further. Nut-uh! No sirree. ;)

This however rather belongs more in Fergie's thread than Andrews however it is about him as well.
Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson has 'cleared her debts' thanks to Prince Andrew | Mail Online

Hrumppph, yet again Sarah blames her indebtness on "failed businesses". When will she admit that she just spent too much money? Poor Andrew .....

And again another picture of her clutching the hand of one of her daughters.

Sorry, I know this is OT.

Any chance of having a moratorium on Fergie-bashing?

I am trying Renata4711...I am trying...despite my REPEATED requests to keep the Fergie bashing to her threads....it seems to affect every York thread.

I admit that I get caught up in the cross-postings as well. My explanation for the "phenomena" is that Andrew and Sarah seem to be inextricably linked. Their situations are so entwined that it's almost impossible to discuss one without discussing the other. However, I will try to be good.

I am trying Renata4711...I am trying...despite my REPEATED requests to keep the Fergie bashing to her threads....it seems to affect every York thread.

Poor Zonk, but there is a genuinely serious side to Renata4711's and your own despair:

I think the main problem is that so often Sarah's events seem so closely entwined with those of Andrew and so many of the pronouncements attributed to Andrew seem to involve Sarah. Russo indeed touches on this point above: I've been looking through the British Newspapers - the more 'respectable broadsheets' as well as the tabloid trash - from the last week and all mentions of Andrew and his current activities [i.e. of the type that would properly be posted in this thread] in those papers have also contained a goodly amount of information on Sarah: for example, the articles about Andrew dealing with the Epstein controversy all mention Sarah; the articles - even the serious, well-written articles by responsible journalists - about the demise of Andrew's role as 'trade envoy' all mention Sarah in varying degrees of detail - and some substantial; the argument in each case [basically] seeems to be that the (alleged) dubious financial contacts that Andrew apparently set up during his time as 'special envoy' and which basically well felt to have contributed to his continuing in the role as being untenable - were allegedly to benefit Sarah etc etc.

Even the lighter-toned articles seem to be heading the same way - Andrew's prescence at Zara and Mike's wedding is mentioned - even by the broadsheets - from a 'Sarah' angle: I've read a couple of articles about the supposed guestlist and both mention that Andrew will be there (alone) with the princesses and looking 'sad' as he (allegedly did) at the marriage of William and Catherine....

By contrast, articles about other members of the BRF, even married couples, nevertheless manage to treat them as separate entities when appropriate.

The interesting thing of course is that the newspaper articles about Andrew's current affairs, by linking everything to Sarah, all serve to implant in people's minds the (sublimal) suggestion that Andrew and Sarah are still a unit; I do not mean a married couple, but a 'joint' operation.

Only my views and not meant to offend

Alex

ETA: I am a slow typist [never trained as a touch typist] and whilst I was writing this, Mermaid's similar thoughts appeared. A.

Last edited:
I agree that sometimes its hard to separate the two...that isn't the issue so much as the Fergie bashing that Renata mentioned. That is the problem and it happens in every York thread: A Wife for Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie's Current Events, Duties for Beatrice and Eugenie, etc. EVERY THREAD.

But let's get back on topic....Andrew's Current Events.

Andrew needs a shave, not keen of the whiskers. Sounds like the girls didn't go which is a pity it would have been good for the three of them to get away by themselves. Although such a long canoe trip isn't my idea of fun and possibly not theirs. Andrew seems to have a real affection for Canada he would need too all that paddling would have been hardwork and they raised a great deal of money.

It seems like it was a boys trip. They did a trip just two or three years ago as well. Andrew seems to have made some life long friends during his school time in Canada.

My next-door neighbour's son worked in Norman Wells for a year. It's only a few miles from the Arctic Circle...Andrew is really up north. The only way that you can get there is to fly it. The town is quite small, but from the pictures I've seen, it's in a beautiful location with the river and the mountains.

At his age, I think that the whiskers make him look older. He looked much nicer when he had the beard in his 20s.:) The trip was certainly a chance for him to get away from his problems for awhile, and it probably also benefited tourism in the area.

Andrew needs a shave, not keen of the whiskers. Sounds like the girls didn't go which is a pity it would have been good for the three of them to get away by themselves. Although such a long canoe trip isn't my idea of fun and possibly not theirs. Andrew seems to have a real affection for Canada he would need too all that paddling would have been hardwork and they raised a great deal of money.

It is indeed a rather "rugged" looking Andrew. Good to see that he has some good "mates" and a quite sense of adventure. I rather like the photos. Nice to see a royal having some good old fashioned fun for a change... especially Andrew after all his problems.

I like his beard. I've always thought that Andrew looks a lot like the last Tsar of Russia and also George V. It really shows when he grows a beard.

I like his beard. I've always thought that Andrew looks a lot like the last Tsar of Russia and also George V. It really shows when he grows a beard.
He rather is looking an awful lot like Prince MIchael of Kent, isn't he?

He rather is looking an awful lot like Prince MIchael of Kent, isn't he?

My thoughts exactly. George V and the Tsar had thinner faces while PA has the same pudgy look as Prince Michael. Actually, of the two, Prince Michael has more the look of George V and the Tsar, except again a little too full in the face, IMO.

So do I. Before I saw it, I thought I might not like it on him, but he looks okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom