The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
As a fellow sufferer of RBF (see 'Resting bitch face' is real, scientists say - CNN.com ) for a complete explanation of the social phenomenon), I think we over-judge Anne based on our perception, rather than her reality.
I can completely verify the ability to look cranky even when I know I have engaged a small smile. When I am paying close attention and fully engaged, I mostly likely am showing RBF. I have to pull an exaggerated grin to make it seen - and then it's usually read as fake.
Compensating is not simple and relies on a combination of eye contact and body language as well as a conscious effort to do something with my facial muscles. None of which comes across in a photo - but can be seen on video or live.
BTW, as noted in the text above, we are most likely to perceive BF on women, rather than men.
Wow, I never knew there was a name for it, though I certainly know a few ladies that look like that.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

"Princess Anne supports her daughter Zara at an equestrian event after cancelling a planned trip to Botswana and Mozambique because of a chest infection "

Princess Anne supports her daughter Zara at an equestrian event after cancelling a planned trip to Botswana and Mozambique because of a chest infection* | Daily Mail Online

Princess Anne, 66, who was forced to cancel several days of engagements
Announced today she won't be going to Botswana and Mozambique
Had tests at hospital in Scotland but is back at Balmoral recuperating
Stopped by Whatley Manor Horse trials, in Gatcombe, to see Zara

Old 09-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope Anne gets better soon. In the photo of her in the car from the Daily Mail article, I thought she appeared to be paler and more frail.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-17-2016, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne axes her trip to Africa sparking health fears | Daily Mail Online

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-...n-africa-trip/
Old 09-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Anne looks quite dreadfully sallow and unhealthy, which is a far cry from her usual robust look. You know things are "serious" when senior royals such as Prince Philip or Princess Anne are cancelling engagements as they are more usually disposed to carry on regardless.

My best wishes to her as she recovers from this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
As a fellow sufferer of RBF (see 'Resting bitch face' is real, scientists say - CNN.com ) for a complete explanation of the social phenomenon), I think we over-judge Anne based on our perception, rather than her reality . . .
I seem to remember HM lamenting that she didn't have a smiling face like her mother, saying people always thought she was very serious all the time. She's obviously not (Bond!) and is known for her humour. And let's face it, after being married to Philip for over 65 years!

I guess Anne inherited her mother's "face".
Old 09-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Princess Anne and husband Tim at the Whatley Manor Gatcombe Horse Trials in Minchinhampton on September 17:

** gettyimages gallery 1 ** gettyimages 2 **
Old 09-18-2016, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 6: 1 January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Back to her chest problems. It seems that internationally there has been a significant increase in the number of pneumonia and other respiratory infection cases requiring hospitalisation within the last few years. Perhaps they are not as easy to either prevent or treat anymore as the immunity to so many antibiotic drugs dramatically increases, so here's hoping the doctors are just erring on the side of caution than that she has a significant illness.

A few posts ago I mentioned that I had a bacterial chest infection when I was two, and a viral one in my second year of college (I was 20). When I was seven, my great-aunt (my paternal grandfather's sister) was thought to have tuberculosis, so everyone in my dad's immediate family (and I do mean everyone) who was alive at that time had to go to their doctor for a skin test. But as it turned out, my great-aunt did not have TB after all, she had lung cancer, which was surprising since she didn't smoke (but she was a nurse, so that could have had something to do with it). My dad's dad and my mom's mom both died from pneumonia, both from being bedridden for long periods of time; my dad's dad from liver failure, and my mom's mom from a hip fracture caused by falling over our kitchen-family room step (she had quite bad osteoporosis), which is only a few inches high. For a long time afterwards (and even now, 10 years later), I blamed myself for her death because I had just dashed upstairs to quickly grab something while my mom was picking up my brothers from school (I was 16 and they were 13 and 10, and I got out earlier because I was in high school) and my dad was at work, so it was just me and Grandma in the house when it happened (she was living with us because she also had Alzheimer's). My mom said and still says to me "Don't, it could have happened even if I was in the room myself, and I saw the X-ray when she was first diagnosed." Even this afternoon, when my parents and I were looking for a kitten to adopt, two of them weren't available because they both had a respiratory infection.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community
Old 09-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A fertiliser firmís bicentennial celebrations were given a regal touch with the visit of the Princess Royal.

Around 80 employees of Bunn Fertiliser gathered to greet Princess Anne, as she was given a tour of the 200-year-old firmís factory on South Denes Road.

The Princess was taken around the terminal, along with a party of 11, which included Lord-Lieutenant for Norfolk Richard Jewson, and shown different pieces of equipment involved in day-to-day work at the factory.
Read more: Princess Anne visits Great Yarmouth to celebrate firm’s 200th anniversary - News - Great Yarmouth Mercury
Old 09-23-2016, 05:44 AM
Serene Highness

She doesn't look at all well, a lto older suddenly.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Anne is looking a little better than the last time I saw a photo of her, though she still doesn't look 100%, as she is such a hard working royal I unfortunately think that cancelling her trip to Africa was a sensible decision with her health. On a lighter note, it was nice to read the reports about Anne today from those who are involved in the firm she visited.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-15-2016, 03:31 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.royal.uk/princess-royal-...e-concorde-216
Old 10-19-2016, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, October 17, Princess Anne visited James Gourmet Coffee Co Ltd in Ross on Wye and had the chance to taste some coffee

** Pic **
Old 10-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.royal.uk/princess-royal-...bulance-cadets

Princess Royal celebrates 30 years of St John Ambulance Cadets.

This is the ship Princess Anne will christen today - Liverpool Echo
Old 10-23-2016, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Here are some pics of Princess Anne at the christening of the Atlantic Container Line (ACL) vessel Atlantic Sea at Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** liverpoolecho: Princess Anne christens giant ship on the Mersey as champagne smashed on its hull **
Old 10-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I love that knot brooch.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 AM
Administrator

It's indeed a very interesting one!

Yesterday, October 24, Princess Anne was in Cheshire: She opened the Youth Federation's Alternative Provision Free School in Macclesfield, a new confectionary line at Wright's Foods in Crewe and a new production line at Bentley Motors.

** macclesfield-express.co.uk: Princess Anne's royal visit to Macclesfield **

** stokesentinel.co.uk: VIDEO: Wrights celebrates 90th birthday and £6m investment with visit from Princess Anne **

** conceptcarz.com: HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL OPENS NEW BENTLEY MOTORS RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE **
Old 10-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

The Princess Royal to visit Malaysia this week for a three-day tour – Royal Central
Old 10-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Princess Anne attended an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, October 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 10-28-2016, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

IET Savoy Place re-opened by Princess Royal
Old 10-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Commoner

The Princess Royal in Malaysia

Britain’s Princess Anne arrives in Kuching for two-day study tour | Malaysia | Malay Mail Online