The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 AM
giov's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 2,342
I am curious to see more new pics of princess Letizia. I hope the operation hasn''t changed her face too much.
When is she supposed to appear again on a public event?
I guess there will be hundreds of paparazzi taking pics of her new nose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
In my view those who truly hate Letizia need as much therapy as those who adore her.
Dear Odette, I couldn't agree more!
__________________

__________________
  #182  
Old 08-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
[quote=Odette;815350]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
In my view those who truly hate Letizia need as much therapy as those who adore her.
In my opinion you are wrong. The hatred and admiration are two very different feelings, obviously people who hate have a big problem.
For the simple fact to defend and believe in the words of doctors as many of us, we have to go to therapy? really ridiculous. The problem is people who criticize systematically and thinks other people are not honest.
__________________

__________________
  #183  
Old 08-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 469
If you look at the photos from the Spanish Royal Family after the Madrid plane crash - her nose is quite different but I also think that there is still some swelling because the bridge of her nose looks wider than before.

I suppose she wasn't expected to be in the public view so soon but because of the plane crash they had to make an appearance in public.



__________________
  #184  
Old 08-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
The difference between Maxima and Letizia is that Maxima would have no problem saying that she would have cosmetic surgery. I don't think Maxima is the type who cares. She looks beautiful with wrinkles. Letizia will lie till the end and say it was for cosmetic reasons--I think that's what makes me mad. I can care less if she has cosmetic surgery, but don't take us for fools that it was done for medical reasons. Just be honest and say it.
Those are pretty strong statements, do you know Letizia or her doctor personally and therefore know for a FACT that she couldn't have done it for medical reasons?

Since I don't know her personally and she is not known to have told porky pies in the past, I will give take her (and Zarzuela's) word for it...
__________________
  #185  
Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Well, I have been around as Dutch royalty watcher since the mid 90-ties and I know pretty much all that is written about Maxima in the Dutch press. It was never even hinted that Maxima had any form of cosmetic surgery, it has never been announced by the court etc. This is the first time I 'hear' about it. So it is safe to assume that Maxima didn't have cosmetic surgery at all. Not that it matters that much of course.
My apogogies if I have falsely stated that Maxima had plastic surgeries....my comment was based on what was said previously in this thread. So, let me this is right....there was no report in the press, allegedly saying or hinting that Maxima had had liposuction done? Thanks in advance to anyone who would be kind enough to clarify that for me.
__________________
  #186  
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
My apogogies if I have falsely stated that Maxima had plastic surgeries....my comment was based on what was said previously in this thread. So, let me this is right....there was no report in the press, allegedly saying or hinting that Maxima had had liposuction done? Thanks in advance to anyone who would be kind enough to clarify that for me.
I have never read it in any Dutch newspaper/magazine/gossip rag thus far .
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #187  
Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
tdarlene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lagos, Portugal
Posts: 607
Yellow/pink portuguese press are reporting the princess not only had a nose job, but also operated her chin, and injected botox mainly in her cheeks. I personnaly don't believe it, obviously she had the nose job that was confirmed by the Casa Real, wether it was for medical reasons or not I think is something we have nothing to do about, it's a personnal choice. I don't believe she changed also her chin and put botox, firstly these kind of press is not to be believe due recent headlines and stories they are taking from those kind of german tabloid press, and secondly because she's recovering from the surgery and obviously her face looks diferent, a little bloated.
But I'm sure in a few days, she will look good as always, and doing her job right as always.
__________________
  #188  
Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
[quote=Camarina;815569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post

In my opinion you are wrong. The hatred and admiration are two very different feelings, obviously people who hate have a big problem.
For the simple fact to defend and believe in the words of doctors as many of us, we have to go to therapy? really ridiculous. The problem is people who criticize systematically and thinks other people are not honest.
I did not mention admiration. I mentioned adoration. One can admire a beautiful building, a lovely mind, a gorgeous person. However one can see faults and negatives on the subject. To adore a stranger one never met and obviously the stranger has no clue the adorer exists, see no faults have reasons for everything one does or does not, borders the absurd. The same goes for people who hate people they never met, never had any contact with and the subject they hate would not know them if they bumped into them. IMHO both are sick feelings.
If you feel compelled to contradict everyone who finds faults or criticises Letizia, you have every right to do so. However one must understand there are others with different opinions as strong as yours or even stronger.
__________________
  #189  
Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 49
Ten Pages about a nose! WoW!!!!!!! People relax!
__________________
  #190  
Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
[quote=Odette;815644]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post

I did not mention admiration. I mentioned adoration. One can admire a beautiful building, a lovely mind, a gorgeous person. However one can see faults and negatives on the subject. To adore a stranger one never met and obviously the stranger has no clue the adorer exists, see no faults have reasons for everything one does or does not, borders the absurd. The same goes for people who hate people they never met, never had any contact with and the subject they hate would not know them if they bumped into them. IMHO both are sick feelings.
If you feel compelled to contradict everyone who finds faults or criticises Letizia, you have every right to do so. However one must understand there are others with different opinions as strong as yours or even stronger.
Interesting speech Odette but ... many of us simply believe in the word of doctors and Casa Real, I do not understand why they should lie? I personally am not a disbelief person nor I have a warped mind.
The problem is who has doubted EVERYTHING.
__________________
  #191  
Old 08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Camarina, personally I could not care less if all of them line up and get nipped and tucked for whatever reasons they choose. It does not matter to me if a procedure is done for medical or cosmetic reasons. If you read a few posts back, I wrote that I like Letizia's new nose.
However a lot of people may doubt the casa real announcement not because they "hate" Letizia but because they do not believe everything they hear.
__________________
  #192  
Old 08-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 25
From que me dices

http://www.quemedices.es/noticias_fa...opera_la_nariz
__________________
I am Latin and will continue being Latin in repect to some aspects of my culture. I sing, I dance, and I will keep on dancing and singing. --Princess Maxima
  #193  
Old 08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
If the woman had apnea like I do, I sympathize with her having surgery. If I could afford it, I'd do it in a minute
__________________
  #194  
Old 08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadziaMarta View Post
Ten Pages about a nose! WoW!!!!!!! People relax!
Wow's right! Did we talk this much about Queen Silvia?
__________________
  #195  
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
However a lot of people may doubt the casa real announcement not because they "hate" Letizia but because they do not believe everything they hear.
Royal Houses will only admit facts that cannot be denied and the Spanish are no exception. In this case they had to admit the nose job because everybody can see and decided to give a medical background to justify the operation in the first place (and it may have been the main reason, we don't know). In case there was a cosmetical motivation too which is very likely IMO they would never admit because nobody can prove that there wasn't. Royal statements may tell one truth but may also hold back another truth at the same time, depending on what is best for the public image.
__________________
  #196  
Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Wow's right! Did we talk this much about Queen Silvia?
Thankfully not... and no, that is not a hint to rush off to the Swedish forum all together

Quote:
Originally Posted by madziamarta
Ten Pages about a nose! WoW!!!!!!! People relax!
Amen to that!
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #197  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Royal Houses will only admit facts that cannot be denied and the Spanish are no exception. In this case they had to admit the nose job because everybody can see and decided to give a medical background to justify the operation in the first place (and it may have been the main reason, we don't know). In case there was a cosmetical motivation too which is very likely IMO they would never admit because nobody can prove that there wasn't. Royal statements may tell one truth but may also hold back another truth at the same time, depending on what is best for the public image.
You are absolutely correct. A lot of people can take the statement as half truth and run with it. There are still people who will doubt or wonder about any and every fact they hear or read about.
In a world of 24/7 TV and all sorts of news masquerading as informed sources, it is not always easy to figure what is what.
__________________
  #198  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:38 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,942
[quote=Camarina;815569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post

In my opinion you are wrong. The hatred and admiration are two very different feelings, obviously people who hate have a big problem.
For the simple fact to defend and believe in the words of doctors as many of us, we have to go to therapy? really ridiculous. The problem is people who criticize systematically and thinks other people are not honest.
I would like to point out that it was not me who made the comment about Haters needing therapy as much as the adorers. I do not know why I am being quoted as saying that above!
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #199  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
[quote=crm2317;815763]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post

I would like to point out that it was not me who made the comment about Haters needing therapy as much as the adorers. I do not know why I am being quoted as saying that above!
crm2317 I am the one who made the statement and Camarina responded. I have no idea how you were quoted. You are innocent. It was my statement. (Odette speaking)
__________________
  #200  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
I think there is something wrong with the quote tags here.

---
Anyway, if people want to start a discussion about Letizia haters/supporters and common sense they can do that in this thread, which deals with posting habits in the Spanish forum. Further remarks about the topic in this thread will be deleted.

Thank you.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, surgery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Juan Carlos Undergoes Lung Surgery in Barcelona: May 8, 2010 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 113 03-07-2011 05:04 PM
Queen Rania undergoes medical heart procedure: September 27, 2010 Rossina King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 113 10-06-2010 02:47 AM
Queen Sofia's Co-operation Trip to Cambodia: February 18-23, 2008 Paty King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 31 02-29-2008 10:17 AM
The Prince and the Princess of Asturias IN Asturias (2003-2004) Alexandria King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 43 09-02-2004 12:26 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]