The Prince and the Princess of Asturias IN Asturias (2003-2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Nice pictures agm.

Is it just me, or does Letizia look much thinner than the previous couple of engagements she's made with the royal family?

I noticed it first in the shopping pictures, especially the Dec 19th, 2003 - 4:50 pm one agm posted.

But in these last two with her grandparents, it is just as noticeable.

Great pics, agm and Alexandria.

Is it just me or does Letizia look a little wistful in the last photograph with her grandparents?

I do agree that she looks thinner than before.

Originally posted by Julia@Dec 20th, 2003 - 7:51 pm
Great pics, agm and Alexandria. 

Is it just me or does Letizia look a little wistful in the last photograph with her grandparents? 

I do agree that she looks thinner than before.
Letizia grandfather is very sick with a lung disease :( He was in hospital last week for a couple of days. In the first pic of agm we can see her atention to her grandfather. It's a very sweet one :flower:

Some pics from Hola mag :flower:

:flower:

I just saw sone images on tv from Asturias. Felipe arrived at 11:30pm and left about 5 hours later with Letizia to Madrid. After let the press made some pics, they all enter in the house to lunch. Later Felipe and Letizia went for a walk in the village, where she showed Felipe some places where she used to play in her childhood. Letizia was very sweet with her granfather. She gave him alot of atention :flower:

Felipe and Letizia during the walk

Showing some places :flower:

Felipe and Letizia leaving Asturias

The most famous autograph "hunter" from Spain, the asturian Ander Azcárate, was in Sardéu to try catch one from Letizia. When the couple was leaving, he called several times for Letizia "Letizia, a photo, a photo!", saying that he had already one wih her parents and with the late Countess of Barcelona, Felipe's grandmother. He was lucky :p Felipe called him and took a pic with Ander and Letizia and another when Letizia was signing the famous autographs book of Ander :flower:

Attachments

• as.JPG
    as.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 587
  • as4.JPG
    as4.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 559
  • as3.JPG
    as3.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 385
  • as1.JPG
    as1.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 922
  • as2.JPG
    as2.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 826
  • as11.JPG
    as11.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 830
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:
A translated article ( http://es.news.yahoo.com/031220/4/352i5.html )

Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz visit the grandparents of the journalist in the Principality of Asturias

OVIEDO, 20 (EUROPE PRESS)

Prince de Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, visited today the paternal grandparents of his fianceé, journalist Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, in the locality of Sardeu, Ribadesella.

Don Felipe arrived at the asturian village around the 11:30 in the morning in car, where he was waited by his fianceé, that went yesterday to the Principality to visit her grandfather, after the pulmonary disease that maintained him entered several days in the Institute of Silicosis of Oviedo.

Don Felipe arrived alone to Sardeu and left Ribadesella accompanied by journalist Letizia Ortiz, after passing about five hours with the grandparents of its fiancèe.

The Prince, Letizia Ortiz and her grandparents posed for a group of journalists who were in the outside of the house that the grandparents of the journalist have in Sardeu. The pair also was seen taking a walk by a way that surrounds the property by the house, holding their hands.

Letizia will have a long life of people calling out for her photo in the future.

But sweet and charming that Felipe took the picture!

I truly enjoy seeing this couple. I think this is the best royal match-up I've seen in years. They look good together, they seem to suit each other well. I wish them all the happiness in the world.

They seem very much in love, all the pictures I've seen of them they are holding hands or touching in some way. I wish them the best.

The look good together, and behave so natural and in love. Best of wishes.

Prince Felipe Of Spain And His Fiancee, Letizia Ortiz, Travelled To Her Homeland Of Asturias This Weekend To Visit Her Grandparents. Letizia's Grand Father, Jose Luis, Was At The Hospital Last Week Due To A Health Related Problem But He Was Back Home With His Wife, Menchu, In The Location Of Sardeu, Near The Village Of Rivadesella In Asturias. The Couple Drove In A Bmw And There, Prince Felipe Took Pictures Of His Fiancee (those Are Exclusives). This Is Their First Trip Together To Her Homeland. Atfer Visiting Her Grandparents, They Enjoyed A Nice Walk In The Sourronding Area Known For It's Natural Beauty Like Any Other Couple In Love.

Attachments

• o1
    52 KB · Views: 393
  • o2
    34.3 KB · Views: 213
  • o3
    35.5 KB · Views: 243
  • o4
    53.7 KB · Views: 260
  • o5
    38.1 KB · Views: 306
  • o6
    57 KB · Views: 213
  • o7
    71.8 KB · Views: 245
  • o8
    46.5 KB · Views: 216
  • o9
    45.4 KB · Views: 218
  • o10
    37.2 KB · Views: 205
:)

The dog is so cute and looks curious.

Attachments

• o11
    78.8 KB · Views: 288
  • o12
    35.9 KB · Views: 207
  • o13
    37.6 KB · Views: 205
  • o14
    31 KB · Views: 152
  • o16
    35.5 KB · Views: 197
  • o17
    29.7 KB · Views: 271
Polfoto - 22 December 2003 - Prince Felipe of Spain and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz visit her grandparents, Menchu Alvarex del Valle and Jose Luis Ortiz, in Ribadesella.

Polfoto - 22 December 2003 - Prince Felipe of Spain and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz visit her grandparents, Menchu Alvarex del Valle and Jose Luis Ortiz, in Ribadesella.

Attachments

• 1005.jpg
    1005.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 544
  • 1006.jpg
    1006.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 447
  • 1007.jpg
    1007.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 475
  • 1008.jpg
    1008.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 409
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2003/...lipeandletizia/

Family visit for royal lovebirds

22 DECEMBER 2003
Newly-engaged Crown Prince Felipe of Spain made a homely pre-Christmas visit over the weekend, to stay with his fiancée Letizia's grandparents at their village home in Asturias.

The future king and queen were photographed with Jose Luis Ortiz - just out of hospital after suffering lung problems - and his wife Menchu, who, like her granddaughter, used to be a journalist. It was Letizia’s first chance to the region in northern Spain since her surprise engagement to Felipe, who holds the title Prince of Asturias, in November.

Security was tight for the visit, with royal and civil special forces on guard outside the house in the village of Sardéu to keep well-wishers and journalists at bay. However, the popular prince and his bride-to-be decided to emerge for a photo call, and Letizia’s grandparents were more than happy to join them for the informal family shots.

While newscaster Letizia seemed preoccupied at moments with getting everyone properly lined up for the photos, the prince, who'd driven himself up to Asturias, was his usual smiling and relaxed self and kept an arm protectively round his future bride throughout.

There will be lots of photos come Friday. The newpaper ABC claims that on Friday, the Prince's birthday, Felipe and Letizia will be making a "private" visit to the basilica of Covadonga. If that's true it will be a swarm of photographers. For those that don't know, Covadonga is the "spiritual" seat of Asturias, and Asturias is, if not the "spiritual" seat, the historical seat of Spain itself. The Virgin of Covadonga is considered the protetoress of Asturias. So, if they do go I expect lots of media will be in attendance.

CUMPLEAÑOS EN COVADONGA | Don Felipe ha celebrado sus 36 años junto a su prometida en el Monasterio de Covadonga, donde el 1977 recibió el título de Príncipe de Asturias. Letizia Ortiz ha vuelto a elegir falda en esta ocasión, de corte muy clásico. los niños del coro de Covadonga han cantado el 'Cumpleaños feliz' al heredero.

prince Felipe & Letizia

I just love the outfit she wore out to dinner. Very chic.

And here are a couple more great shots from erlier in the day.

This one's my favorite; Felipe's expression is priceless:
http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29162...476C697F253731D

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29162...F8A749D3F92F334

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29161...3DB7DDBE2C4DDF2

http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29161...302F835BF3C5533

I'm not sure if this one's been posted yet, but it's really great:
http://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29143...C7B61961AA1F815

CARIÑO DE ABUELA | La abuela paterna de Letizia Ortiz, Menchu Álvarez del Valle, abraza al Príncipe Felipe a la llegada de la pareja al núcleo rural de Sardeu. Con los abuelos han pasado ambos la jornada y han almorzado, en la casa que aquéllos tienen en la zona alta del concejo de Ribadesella, en el oriente de Asturias.

principe Felipe & abuela de Letizia

The grandparents whom Felipe and Letizia visited soon after their engagement and on this trip to Covadonga, Spain, are they Letizia's paternal or maternal grandparents? And are her other grandparents still living? They seem to spend a lot of time with these grandparents and not too much with the others -- or at least if they are still living, the couple have not been pictured with them.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 31st, 2004 - 4:10 pm
The grandparents whom Felipe and Letizia visited soon after their engagement and on this trip to Covadonga, Spain, are they Letizia's paternal or maternal grandparents? And are her other grandparents still living? They seem to spend a lot of time with these grandparents and not too much with the others -- or at least if they are still living, the couple have not been pictured with them.

These are her paternal grandparents, with whom she is said to be very close. Her maternal grandparents are also alive. It has been reported that they met Felipe around Christmas time in the privacy of Letizia's mother's flat. One of the reasons that the press pays so much attention to this particular pair of grandparents is that this grandmother, Menchu, was a reporter and famous regional radio personality in her own right before she retired. She was said to be particularly popular in the seventies. Or so I have read. I guess now she's the most famous grandmother in Spain. ;)

Originally posted by lucys@Jan 31st, 2004 - 5:47 pm
These are her paternal grandparents, with whom she is said to be very close. Her maternal grandparents are also alive. It has been reported that they met Felipe around Christmas time in the privacy of Letizia's mother's flat. One of the reasons that the press pays so much attention to this particular pair of grandparents is that this grandmother, Menchu, was a reporter and famous regional radio personality in her own right before she retired. She was said to be particularly popular in the seventies. Or so I have read. I guess now she's the most famous grandmother in Spain. ;)
Her grandma Menchu was her role model. In one of her interviews way before she was dating Felipe, Letizia mentioned that her grandma and father taught her a lot on how to be a journalist.
Her maternal grandpa was a taxi driver.

nice pictures!

I have seen the news on TVE when Prince Felipe and Letizia arrived in the Sanctuary of Covadonga in Northern Spain. There weren't really a lot of people yet when the place but there were some who greeted them. I was really happy because both of them were smiling throughout the event. They looked so in love and I can't deny the fact that they were so happy together.

Letizia was also very friendly especially with the people there. She talked, laughed and even handshaked with them.

It's like we will be starting another thread on Letizia's bags! I love her bags based from all the pictures of her in LTR. :lol:

She looks great. Less makeup. Good move. Didn't like that blazer and skirt outfit with the big red marks on it. They looked like tomatoes. Must be a Spanish thing.

Wonderful pics, thanks.
They make a great cople :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Dennism@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 12:52 am
She looks great. Less makeup. Good move. Didn't like that blazer and skirt outfit with the big red marks on it. They looked like tomatoes. Must be a Spanish thing.
It's not a Spanish thing. it is just an ugly print.

Originally posted by ennyllorac+Feb 2nd, 2004 - 6:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ennyllorac @ Feb 2nd, 2004 - 6:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 12:52 am
It's not a Spanish thing. it is just an ugly print. [/b][/quote]
Bad fashion knows no frontiers then. Otherwise, she looked great.

Maybe it's just me, but I liked Letizia's outfit, red splotchy print and all. I liked that her scarf was the same print as her skirt. And this is the second occasion in which I've seen Letizia dress her up outfits with a scarf -- something that I've always liked about Mette-Marit's style -- maybe Letizia's going to give Mette-Marit a run for her money in the scarf department!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom