Queen Letizia: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks a lot rchainho! :) I especially love the first one, so cute.
This new photo page pleases me very well :D

kinneret5764 said:
Somehow I think she looked much better prior to her engagement to Felipe. Her clothes were better, her physical appearance was better. I think the "pressure" of royal life has taken its toll on Letizia. I think she

was gorgeous as a journalist, plain as a princess.

totally agree with you.she is now looking exhausted and skinny.she is wearing poor clothes now.

more pic of letizia

the 3rd the jacket is similiar to ones that she wore last weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
one pic when she reported a visit with the kings

She was stunning as a little girl, like around the age of 8-10...but she just doesn't seem to have that sparkle about her anymore. She definately was much prettier as a child. Almost as if she's lost that innocence about her...but I guess reporting all those horrible news everyday would do that to anyone...:(

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
She was stunning as a little girl, like around the age of 8-10...but she just doesn't seem to have that sparkle about her anymore. She definately was much prettier as a child. Almost as if she's lost that innocence about her...but I guess reporting all those horrible news everyday would do that to anyone...:(

I think she just needs to gain some weight and have less busy schedule. She is a thin person by nature but with her busy schedule and the expectations of the palace and the public, it is difficult to look relaxed. She seems taking her princesses job very seriously...

I wonder if she misses her old life ever? Being a journalist, even if you have to report on horrible things and have a bit of an unpredictable schedule, must be at least a bit easier than being the Princess of Asturias.

I think she is doing a great job representing Spain but it must be a lot of pressure for her publicly and privately.

At the age of 23, while studing for her doctorate in México and working for a newspaper agency in Guadalajara.

From Corbis:

photos of letizia in news.com

The first photo always remembers the scene to me of Letizia lowering by the cliff, and the camera saying to her "taken care of Letizia, you do not fall"

Sue- said:
Two more pictures. The first one is also from her comunion.

In the second picture, Letizia looks much better with a fuller face...If I hadn't seen this picture posted here, I wouldn't have recognized it was her.:cool:

she looked better before marriage because he has fuller.

I Scanned this pic from Hola magazine.

This picture was taken in June 2002 at an inauguration in a Museum in Valladolid. The picture has something of premonitorian because Letizia is inside and in the patio behind her we can see a sculpture in Bronze of Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos.

Hope I am not repeating :eek: photos.

Regards.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

00246fq.jpg

One of my favourite photos of Letizia, it saysso much about her character and dedication. Could you honestly see any of the other Crown Princesses similarly attired?

Little_star said:
One of my favourite photos of Letizia, it saysso much about her character and dedication. Could you honestly see any of the other Crown Princesses similarly attired?
I have a question -- was this photo taken before or after she got married?

Was Letezia CP when this photo was made?

Wasn't she a journalist on assignment somewhere at the time this photo was taken?

it was before the engagement, i think some years ago when the iraki war started and she had to be there.

Lillia, I think this was taken as part of her work as a journalist in Iraq, so before her marriage, but not a really long time before.

Ok -- but I wonder then if any other CP (or CP hopeful) would have had any occasion to do the same thing?

Any of them -- Victoria, Maxima, Mary, Mette- Marit or any others?

just wondering?...

This photo was done during her stay in Iraq that was at the beginning of 2003, exactly after it was falling Saddam's regime. There she was cubirendo the activities of the Spanish military in Um Qasar.
For what is the well-read one, Letizia also had been in Palestine, but not how journalist but because her sister was collaborating there with Doctors Without Borders. In an interview she was asking her that which was the news that she would like to give, and she answered that the peace in Middle East, because she had had the opportunity to know the zone.

Little_star said:

and other queens especially the young ones:rolleyes:

"Ok -- but I wonder then if any other CP (or CP hopeful) would have had any occasion to do the same thing?

Any of them -- Victoria, Maxima, Mary, Mette- Marit or any others?

just wondering?..."

I'm not sure if they world have, with the exception of Victoria when she went to Saudi Arabia. However, I certainly couldn't picture them similarly attired, alot of them seem a bit superficial in that repect.

"and other queens especially the young ones:rolleyes:"

If that was suppsoed to be a dig at rania then there are plenty of photographs of her wearing a headscarf or covered completely when praying in Saudi Arabia or in other mosques. Perhaps you haven't seen them?

Letizia came to Iraq and Palestine when she was not A Princess, today in day probably neither she nor no princess or queen would come to these places because they are too dangerous.

It does not remove that be necessary to be a person with enough value to travel to these places, and more being a woman. In Iraq Letizia was developing a profession that she was charmed with, and in Palestine she was visiting her sister who was working there.

Certainly, I believe that the situation of Saudi Arabia, where besides it governs another monarchy it is differently from that of these other countries.

Is there any photos of her with her first husband?

She used to be very very pretty when she was a teenager! WOW!!

polop said:
She used to be very very pretty when she was a teenager! WOW!!

She still is very very pretty. I love how balanced her face is.:)

Well, i'm not going to post any photos, but I've read an interview by the famous Spanish hairdresser Llongueras, where he speaks of a little experience Letizia had in her teens:

http://www.hola.com/abonados/belleza/actualidad/2004/03/11/llongueras_letizia/

- Is it true that Doña Letizia had been a model in one of your hair-dressing saloons of Asturias?

- Doña Letizia was a student and she was client of the hairdressing salon of Oviedo. She was such an open and likeable person, that she became friend of the personnel of our saloon. One day, the esteticienne had to go to Madrid to do a make-up course and she happened to ask Doña Letizia to accompany her as a model, because she had (still has) a very handsome face and a perfect skin.

Doña Letizia had never gone to Madrid, and she had then the opportunity to do so for the first time, as a model of Llongueras make-up. She was very young by then and, at that age, she enjoyed to try new changes of image. To me, people have always spoken very well of her.

Photos from abc:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 543
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 520
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 607
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 538
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 564
I'm not going to post any pics, but... here you have first article written by Letizia as a journalist (posted from hola):
10 NOVIEMBRE 2003
A continuación les ofrecemos el primer artículo de la prometida del Príncipe Felipe, la periodista doña Letizia Ortiz. Una crítica, titulada El pedestal o el cadalso y publicada el 25 de septiembre de 1992, que la futura Princesa de Asturias escribió para el suplemento de Cultura del periódico La Nueva España sobre la antología de la Poesía lírica de sor Juana Inés de la Cruz que hizo José Carlos González Boixo.

La vida y la obra de sor Juana Inés de la Cruz (1648-1695) ofrecen una copiosa muestra del desgarro barroco entre el vivir y el conocer. La presente antología de su «Poesía lírica», hecha por José Carlos González Boixo, atiende puntualmente a lo que de feminista tiene toda reedición de sor Juana, una monja que se sirvió de la vida religiosa -aceptando todos sus sacrificios- como un camino, quizás el único posible en aquel tiempo, de llegar a la vida intelectual. Intentaron anular primero su dedicación a la Iglesia y después su avidez de saber, prohibiéndole el estudio y la actividad intelectual; por ello, sor Juana Inés de la Cruz reaparece ante la modernidad como la fría y lívida figura solitaria que a través de una renuncia constante consigue colocarse en el pedestal o en el cadalso del escritor. Nacida en un momento en el que el saber resultaba peligroso, y el saber en una mujer, ridículo e intolerable, pasó de niña prodigio a ser una de las personas más influyentes de su época.

Después de pasarse años reconstruyendo las ruinas de su interioridad, estragadas por mandatarios eclesiásticos y por sus propias compañeras de convento, vio en el claustro el necesario tributo del escritor moderno. Sin vocación religiosa, la suplió por una tenacidad intelectual que impregna toda su producción lírica.

La antología de González Boixo, que recoge cuantitativamente la mitad de su producción, trata de presentar la faceta documental de su biografía: definir el carácter de la poesía antologada y, finalmente, estudiar sus rasgos. Rasgos que nos dan la visión de la actividad cultural durante los últimos años del Barroco en un lugar como el México de antes de la independencia: una nueva España que no era otra cosa que una España olvidada.

Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano

Thank you very much for posting it!

It’s so meaningful that the first article published by Letizia was precisely about one of the most important literary figures of the XVII century. And in a way, Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz and Letizia have in common (beyond the fact of being women of letters) this admirable characteristic of being women struggling to conquer people’s admiration, for their merits… and in spite of being women. :)

A couple of photos, from El Periodico:

Attachments

• foto_2165.jpg
    foto_2165.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,474
  • foto_2159Leti y Telma.jpg
    foto_2159Leti y Telma.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,471
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom