Princess Letizia's 40th Birthday: September 15, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
?very beautiful photos , such a beautiful
family they are , I especially like the family pics , they are so relaxed ! It's their house? Very comfortable and modern !! I wanna visit it ✌I must say that Letizia is so intelligent and petty in the pics and Leonor and Sofia are so lovely too, of course Felipe is handsome as always ?

Thank you for sharing the photos. Those are beautiful.:flowers:

Amazing photos! Those two little princesses are nothing less than adorable.

I think most of these photos are very good, and from the photos of the king, Felipe and Leonor it was to be seen that the court has made a new media strategy.
The photos of the family are wonderful, and Letizia looks great at her solo photos, I especially like her serious look, she looks very much herself at the photos, and not trying to be someone else by trying to smile constantly. IMO these photos are surprisingly natural, they all look themselves and not trying too much.
And a great thing in these photos is that they are taken in different clothes and different times. It would have been totally boring with 16 photos with the same outfits done at the same time. Leonor and Sofia with bare feet at some photos is cute.

Last edited:
All of these pictures are so gorgeous, I can't pick a favorite! I love every single one of them!!!!! :)

What a nice surprise! I really like the pictures. Beautiful!!!
Happy birthday, Letizia!

^wow they look so good, and its so nice to see Letizia so happy and smiley

I think most of these photos are very good, and from the photos of the king, Felipe and Leonor it was to be seen that the court has made a new media strategy.
yes i totally agree with you, and not only that but they are also trying to make the Royal Family image more positive with the Princes and Infantitas.
it makes me wonder if there will be a photosession in Christmas.

Duke, there was no party, that was an invention of the press, because in those days, another group of spanish famous people traveled to the same area. The Prince and Letizia just traveled with a couple of friends to another friend's house in a a holiday week. The story was clarified much later, with names and dates, but people like the controversy and few were interested in correcting it.

Maybe, I don't know a thing about that supposed Bahamas trip. But the fact remains that they were many celebrations prepared in the streets and they where cancelled because apparently the "poor people" were mourning.
But they didn't cancell their own party the night previous to the wedding or their wedding party.
If we were really mournin it should had been wedding at the church and nothing else.

I'm sure there will do something lavish and private, hidden from the public.

WOW, what a huge PR faux pas! Who did advice them? I don't care if the pics are pretty or not, they look like a photo spread from Hola magazine!!

Seriously, what were they thinking? Laying on a couch on a luxurious surrounding? Letizia all airbrushed and posing with the attitude of a model or a hollywood star?
Is that really the image they want to give under the hard financial situations the country is going on? With the Palma affair going on at court and grandpa chasing elephants?
With so many people in spain contesting the role of the royal family do they really think ii is a good idea to appear as iddle and glamourouspeople in the press?
This family need serious help from a PR professional!

the pictures are great, very unlike the other pictures they usually release. i think they have taken some tips from the official pics released by other families!

WOW, what a huge PR faux pas! Who did advice them? I don't care if the pics are pretty or not, they look like a photo spread from Hola magazine!!

Seriously, what were they thinking? Laying on a couch on a luxurious surrounding? Letizia all airbrushed and posing with the attitude of a model or a hollywood star?
Is that really the image they want to give under the hard financial situations the country is going on? With the Palma affair going on at court and grandpa chasing elephants?
With so many people in spain contesting the role of the royal family do they really think ii is a good idea to appear as iddle and glamourouspeople in the press?

I don't see much luxury in that if they are photographed at their home and at their garden. Also all Letizia's outfits are recycled.

Beautiful pictures, have to be the best of this family I have seen in a while.

The new photos are beautiful,I'm really glad the Palace did something positive to mark Letizia's 40th birthday.

Lovely images, Leonor and Sofia are so cute. Great, relaxed images of the family. The image of Letizia reading to her daugther is beautiful.

Lovely images, Leonor and Sofia are so cute. Great, relaxed images of the family. The image of Letizia reading to her daugther is beautiful.

I really like that one,infact its hard to pick a single favourite photo.

I also thought the same. They pose like celebrities in a woman magazine.

These pictures are amazing!!! What a beautiful family

And what a beautiful woman Letizia is!!

I also thought the same. They pose like celebrities in a woman magazine.

I am totally amazed. I've just been having a look at the web sites of the main newspapers (el pais, el mundo, abc, la vanguardia) and in all of them, no matter whether they are right or left wing, the readers comments on Felipe and Letizia photos have been locked!!!

This is the only news the readers aren't allowed to comment on. It is insulting, and worrying!Is all the press so manipulated by the royal family?

Since the serious press doesn't allow readers to make comments I went to 20 minutos (free and popular newspaper) and the comments are all negative. The readers feel insulted and abused, and the comments go from "nauseating", to "those people have gone crazy", to "It's Julio Iglesias's family" or "What a huge mistake", "corny, yokel like and ridiculous", "how revolting", "how much did those pictures cost?":
Zarzuela felicita a Letizia con un reportaje fotográfico - 20minutos.es - El medio social

Glamourous and cheesy holywood like displays have never been appreciated in Spain. We like sobriety. But if there was ever a bad timing for that kind of silly photos, this is it.
What a bad Public Relations move ! I still can't believe what they have done!

Last edited:

Oh I do disagree. Life goes on and should, no matter what the political climate or scandal. This young family has taken a page out of the Dutch and Danish photo shoots. Lovely idea. Sorry you don't approve but one can't please everyone. I, on the other hand, am pleased.

^yes thats right, its not like they spent money on taking the pictures, they were at their home, their garden and all of Letizia outfits were recycled. and i dont see any diference in these pictures and other pictures taken with other royal families. i dont see 'celebrity' image in them, i see a relaxed family and the Letizia pictures are regal and shows a princess.

some say the Spanish royals have lack of pictures, photoshoots, family gathering for photosessions and when we have some, they are criticazed. really, in this world almost anybody is pleased on what they got.

What a beautiful family!

Oh I do disagree. Life goes on and should, no matter what the political climate or scandal. This young family has taken a page out of the Dutch and Danish photo shoots. Lovely idea. Sorry you don't approve but one can't please everyone. I, on the other hand, am pleased.

It's not that I don't approve. I just said is that those pics are a huge PR mistake.

First, because, the fact that something worked for the royals of danemark and the netherlands doesn't mean is a good idea everywhere. The public opinion in Spain has never liked that kind of cheesy displays. We don't like our royals parading around like hollywood stars and making public displays of afection. We just don't. And the Royal Family has been very clever until now not to do anything of the kind.

Second, because, no, life doesn't go on the same way for many people in Spain. Peopel who are suffering of the economical situation caused by the big corporations, banks and corrupt public figures like the dukes of Palma. When so many people are unemployed a sensible public figure doesn't rub on the people's face what a happy life they lead (speacially when they lead lives payed by those people). It's insensitive and very unclever.

Third, it's not my opinion. I live in Madrid. Turn on the radio, or check the newspapers who didn't already blocked the readers comments. Nearly everybody is indignant. And if nearly everybody in Spain is indignant, then it is obvious that it was a bad PR move.

^yes thats right, its not like they spent money on taking the pictures, they were at their home, their garden and all of Letizia outfits were recycled.

That home, that garden, those outfits and that expensive photographer have all been payed with the spaniard's taxes.

Unnemployed people who have paid for Felipe and Letizia luxuries over the years don't need to see them showing around what a wonderful life they lead on .

And as far as I know no one has ever asked for Hola style photoshoots of the members of the royal family in Spain, or family gatherings. Maybe the royal observers do in gossip and fashion magazine.
But never the serious press and public.

As I said before, I am not talking about what I think myself. I am only telling you what everybody is saying in the spanish press (comments on newspapers and radio). Everybody is repeating it is cheesy, bad taste and are even using the word "nauseating".
That's why I say that whoever counselled them to imitate the scandinavian royal families did a huge PR mistake.
The pictures are being received very badly in Spain.

Last edited:
That home, that garden, those outfits and that expensive photographer have all been payed with the spaniard's taxes.

Unnemployed people who have paid for Felipe and Letizia luxuries over the years don't need to see them rubbind what a wonderful life they lead on their faces.

And as far as I know no one has ever asked for Hola style photoshoots of the members of the royal family in Spain, or family gatherings. Maybe the royal observers do in gossip and fashion magazine.
But never the serious press and public.

As I said before, I am not talking about what I think myself. I am only telling you what everybody is saying in the spanish press (comments on newspapers and radio). Everybody is repeating is cheesy, bad taste and are even using the word "nauseating".
That's why I say that whoever counselled them to imitate the scandinavian royal families did a huge PR mistake.
The pictures are being received very badly in Spain.
Be more specific when mentioning "Scandinavian royal families". I do not remember the Swedish royal family doing a photo spread like this.

I totally agree with you. Such a beautiful photos!

Yes, I also agree with you. I read others being critical of these beautiful family photos with the excuse of the economical situation in Spain. The photos only reflect the love of a beautiful family enjoying and celebrating the significant birthday of a loving mother and wife who happens to be the Princess of Asturia and of all Spanish people. To that effect I think it is very kind of them to share with the people a moment of joy and intimacy. The photos show simplicity and happiness. I think everyone should rejoice to see that. Besides in their roles the Prince and Princess are doing a great job! Congratulations Princess Letizia!:spainflag:

Back
Top Bottom