The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Great news! Hopefully, the constitution will still be changed even if it is not as pressing of a matter anymore.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I really hope Infanta Leonor will become Queen of Spain one day! She's already such a professional young Lady (refering to the official pictures, where she poses with her parents) .
I am sure the new Babygirl will be as cute as her adorable sister!
CasaReal.es is still not working for me.. there seems to be a huge interest .

Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
ICasaReal.es is still not working for me.. there seems to be a huge interest .
Calm, which equal up to tomorrow does not work. Always the same thing happens.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

4 grandsons and 4 granddaughters for the King and Queen!!!

I must say I love surprises and it would be cool to follow the birth here on line and still not to know the sex, but now circumstances are different and the pressure on Leti will surely be lower

Little sister for Infanta Leonor ("Hola"):

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006..._campaign=home

Old 11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...lpepunac_5/Tes

During the official reception hosted in the Royal Palace, last October 12th, the Prince had already explained that he could announce the sex of his second child. The announcement of the second pregnancy of Doña Letizia reopened the necessity of reforming the Constitution, in order to equalize the rights of men and women, in the succession to the throne.
The House of the King and Don Felipe himself have stated in many occasions there was no haste "in undertaking this modification", since there is still a generation in between: Don Felipe is the Heir, while Don Juan Carlos is the King. But today Don Felipe and Doña Letizia have decided to make the news public: their second child will also be a girl, which gives more time to undertake the reform of the Constitution.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Calm, which equal up to tomorrow does not work. Always the same thing happens.
Don't worry about me, I am very calm .

Old 11-27-2006, 05:01 PM

Brilliant news. I really hope that the law will now be changed so that Leonor can become Queen.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing to stop guessing.

Great news for los Principes, and all the rest of the family. They said Letizia is doing well, and I can just hope that she continues to do well, and that they have another healthy, happy little girl. And hopefully she will be as adorable as her big sister!

I'm so surprized that they announced it. I was convinced that Felipe was just saying that, and didn't really intend to announce it. Last time I doubt the Prince of Asturias. (maybe)

Old 11-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Good news.Leonor will have a little sister to play and Letizia a bit of calm with the succesion reform.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Majesty

another girl?
wow! i'm so glad they announced... at least we won't be so concerned to see what it is when the due date comes! now we only need to know the name... :)

it will be a nice pair. two girls are always a beautiful combination in royalty as they always make a good duo (look at the danish queen and her sisters, queen elizabeth and sisters or the little dutch princesses)! i'm sure leonor will love to be a big sister of other little girl and share time together in their princessy lifes...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

I can't quite see why it is necessary to announce the sex of the baby so early.
Either they are determined to change the law or they are not.
Does the change depend on announcements and birth-dates or on principles?

And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?
As it happened to Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium.
They were told their 3rd child is a girl and then it was a boy.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia! Leonor will have a baby sister to play with! Great news, I wonder what they will decide to name her?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

If they have confirmed it, it is because it is sure, today in day there are means every more sophisticated.

I do not remember what happened in Belgium, but I believed that the Royal Houses were never announcing the sex of the babies they announced it officially or it was a rumor?

The Constitution will change, though it was evident that boy or girl were going to be late in doing it because the political situation is not for Constitutional changes.

The reason of announcing it is to finish with the polemics, and not to give arguments in order that the pregnancy of the Princess turns into a topic of political, journalistic and social debate. Surely for her it will be better, and will be able to be calmer.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?
As it happened to Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium.
They were told their 3rd child is a girl and then it was a boy.
Philippe and Mathilde never said that there 3rd child was a girl, I don't know where you got that information from. As far as I can tell (and I looked at some old threads) no couple has ever announced ahead of time.

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Nobility

congratulation another girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Commoner

Doesn't this mean that Letizia is at least 5 months along in her pregnancy? I have never been pregnant myself, but I believe you have to wait until the fifth month to determine gender. Sooo, maybe in March or April Leonor will get her little sister!!

Donna B.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

i got cnfused!!!!!!!does the announcement put the change of constituation on hold? and why they announce it publicly. they can say it to polition not the public.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that they two will be all right during the rest of pregnancy and delivery
Leonor the older sister(like me and my sis.)
Old 11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna B.
Doesn't this mean that Letizia is at least 5 months along in her pregnancy? I have never been pregnant myself, but I believe you have to wait until the fifth month to determine gender. Sooo, maybe in March or April Leonor will get her little sister!!

Donna B.
16 weeks, but I think it is easier if it is a boy.

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Congratulations it's a Girl! wooooooohoooooooo I knew it!