Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite an unexpected and unprecedented announcement, but considering the present debate a wise decision, it will take some presure of Princess Letizia's shoulders & thus a wise decision to. And Sofia can start nitting with pink wool already :)

But it is only 'postponement of the execution' (Dutch expression). The reform has to be discussed some day...

My doctor told me that they can first check for the sex of the baby (although there is always the chance of an error) between 16 - 20 weeks. So in the terms of a pregnancy, 16 weeks is the second part of the 4th month. Pregnancies are measured in the terms of 40 weeks in length.

Best Regards!

Thanks for the answers Oppie and Rschoenfeldt. It seems like we'll see a new baby for them sooner than expected then.:) I thought she was awfully big to still be in the third trimester.

I hate waiting, lol, and it seems like pregnancy takes forever. Of course, probably more so for the expectant mothers.:wacko:

Donna B.

I'm a firm believer that royals and celebrities alike tend to give false due dates or are specifically vague so as to throw people off track of when the baby will actually arrive. And of course, the baby will come out when the baby wants to.

However, in the case of Letizia, if I'm not mistaken, they did announce the pregnancy much earlier than usual, so I would bet that "beginning of May" literally means May 1. Donna B., you could be very right about an April baby girl.

I think it's great that they are having another baby regardless of the sex. I'm usually partial to boys, but Letizia and Felipe already made one extremely beautiful girl, it will be interesting to see what the second daughter looks like!

Best Regards!

I think it is sad the they have to annouce it. I just hope that her pregnancy & delivery go well.

Edit: ..and that Infanta ___ is healthy.

Last edited:
What wonderful news!!! Another beautiful girl!

Congrats to the Princes of Asturias. I think they may have 3 girls (like the Ortiz-Rocasolano family) and a boy.

ricarda said:
I can't quite see why it is necessary to announce the sex of the baby so early.
Either they are determined to change the law or they are not.
Does the change depend on announcements and birth-dates or on principles?

Perhpas the political parties wanted to know the sex of the baby, then might as well let everyone in Spain know. I bet the people who know would have a hard time keeping the secret.

I wish they didn't announce it. Of course it's lovely that they're having a girl but I loved the mystery of it all. But, since we do know it's a girl I'm hoping for a beautiful Infanta Isabella!!!

I think Isabella would be a beautiful name for a princess of Spain!

ricarda said:
I can't quite see why it is necessary to announce the sex of the baby so early.
And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?

From what I understand, it is very hard to mistake a baby boy for being a baby girl- either that little something is there, or it isn't. It is easier to mistake a girl for a boy (having a girl, thinks it's a boy) because sometimes the umbilical cord can be at just such an angle or be wrapped around just so.... You guys get it.
Either way, if Casa Real says it's a girl, it's a girl. They probably have done multiple checks, with multiple images, on the most fancy and expensive machines in Spain. They are the princes. With Leti's age, they may have also done an amneocentisis, in which they would be able to see the sex genetically.

Lillia said:
I think Isabella would be a beautiful name for a princess of Spain!

It would be ISABEL.

I would like Claudia,Laura,Valeria,María....:wub:.........but it is in another thread:rolleyes:

that's great news , unexpected tought , but it seems that the spanish gvt has to change the constitution ...anyway congratulations to the princes of asturias

Don't forget that we have a separate thread to discuss possible names for the 2nd girl of the Princes of Asturias - Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl.

Share your thoughts and opinions there! :flowers:

Yes, a sister for Leonor!:clap:
and Leonor will be (by the moment) THE QUEEN:flowers:

Congratulations to the new princess!, but I'm so surprised that they announced it... I'm afraid that means the law is not going to be changed as there's no urge.
Politicians and the Royal family were afraid of the change, another girl doesn't alter the line of succession, so there's no need to change the law by now... what it's a pity.

Well, it´s nice for Leonor to get a sister so close in age!
But I think they still have to change the law, what if Felipe and Letizia have a boy after their two girls, like Juan-Carlos and Sofía ?

As say it the Prince of Asturias himself the logical of the times could a possibility for the Leonor to be Princess of Asturias and after Queen Of Spain.

But as we can see that the logical of the time is not these of the politicians if find it's very safe for the Princes to have done the announce now.

Because, whatever it's telling The rank of Leonor is a state affair but also the health of the futur mother and by the way of the futur baby.

I'm very enjoyed for Felipe and Letizia because they need some peace around their private life and if they had to disclose the sex of the new baby for that they are totally right to do it.

What a plaseare to have two fantastic baby girl at home!:bunny:

The two next one will be two boys.....:lol:

I can't beleive what I read ! To announce it beforehand is a never seen before in royal courts ! I don't understand the urgency of announcing it now

In did very great be a girl... but in my opinion they gona wait for see if the princess gona stay preganant for the 3th time.we can not forget that prince filipe is the last son of the king and the nº 3th...so, is better wait a bit longer i think for have shoure. but in did gona be great if leonor gona be queen i love the ideia!

congrats. Yay I am so happy they are having another girl. Leonor will have a little sister to play with

great news! although like most of us here, I was quite surprised they announced it so early. No es una parejita for Infanta Leonor :D but nevertheless, sisters have a lot of fun. they're almost (Irish) twins but not quite.

Congrats to the Princes and to Infanta Leonor on their new princess! :clap: :bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see Leo, Irene and this girl in the future: the Powerpuff Girls!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just logged in and this took me off guard. If I try to find the reasoning behind this it could be to get the media to calm down their pens and give the couple some space to breathe. The secret is over so no more hunting and bribing people to get the first news scoop before the birth.

Now I wonder what her name will be.

wooo.......congrats to Letizia and Felipe and the rest of the royal family! what an unexpected news today!!! didn't expect them to announce it since no other royal families in the world would tell you the sex of an unborn baby!

the King must be disappointed again this time! but....it's good to see that the little Leonor will one day be Queen of Spain!

bigheadshirmp said:
wooo.......congrats to Letizia and Felipe and the rest of the royal family! what an unexpected news today!!! didn't expect them to announce it since no other royal families in the world would tell you the sex of an unborn baby!

the King must be disappointed again this time! but....it's good to see that the little Leonor will one day be Queen of Spain!

Why do you say that the king must be disappoiment?,:mad: Then you know him to say that, a baby girl is a human being, like a baby boy, so it is ridiculous say that, I hope he is really happy, because she is going to be a new grandaughter.:ermm:

And I thought Felipe was just messing with the journalists when he said that he was going to announce the sex of the baby. Personally, I thought they shouldn't have announced it to have a little suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom