Princess Letizia is Pregnant - Countdown to the birth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaChicaMadrilena said:
It can be a bit out of topic, but what do you think: how many kids will they have? During the engagement ceremony Felipe said, that they wont to have less than 5. And you, what do you think?

Eso no lo podemos decidir del todo, pero, bueno, la intención es que, bueno, quizá por encima de dos y por debajo de cinco.
We can't say this for sure, but, well, the intention is, well, maybe more than two and less than five.

He said more than two and less than five, so we are loooking forward to three or four babies;)

Can't she handle that many pregnancies? I mean she is so skinny....:) :D

wlb825 said:
Can't she handle that many pregnancies? I mean she is so skinny....:) :D

Well, having one at a time and with reasonable space between them, I don't see why she wouldn't be able to handle three or four pregnancies;)

http://www.antena3.com/a3n2004/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=10006049

Businessmen of Benalmádena give to the Princes of Asturias the cradle of their baby
For lack of a few months for the birth of the son of the Princes of Asturias, the future inheritor already has own cradle. It is valued for 18.000 Euros and already it has been accepted by the Royal House. She has been financed by eight companies of Benalmádena's of Malaga locality.
During the last four months, more than fifty craftsmen have been employed at its design. It is done of wrought metal and itsdimensions are those of any newborn child's cradle. The motives of the decoration are Andalusian, with latticeworks that show the figure of the shield of the Asturias and to the foot the shield of Andalusia.

agm said:
Translation:

The NGO "Yo? Producto andadaluz" will offer the Princes of Asturias an artisan cradle for the baby that will be born within two months. The piece can be contemplated during the next fifteen days in the House of Culture of Benalmádena (Malaga), before arriving at the royal residence. The cradle was designed by the engineer Miguel Martin Borrego and about twenty Andalusian people have worked on it. It is made in bronze and stainless steel, and the design counts on Andalusian motifs. The piece costs 18000 €.

today, reporter maria angeles alcazar said that the date of birth of the baby will be around the 5th and 10th of november.

carlota said:
today, reporter maria angeles alcazar said that the date of birth of the baby will be around the 5th and 10th of november.

The journalists do not put in agreement. The own Letizia said another day that was by the ends of November. The baby will be able to improve or to be slow, but what is clear is that the journalists change the date every little.
Own Alcazar is contradicted, she said that the advertisement of the pregnancy had done to itself when Letizia was of 11weeks, that had to advance it a bit for the topic of the official trip and the possible inconveniences of the Princess. If she was of 11 weeks tha baby is by the ends of the month not by the beginning, and now she says this. The above mentioned thing that does not have it very clear. I believe that the problem is that they it count per months instead of per weeks that it is the correct thing and get confused.

Last edited:
http://epoca.es/wp/?page_id=11

http://epoca.es/wp/wp-content/portadaepoca.pdf (COVER OF THE MAGAZINE)
Why Zarzuela hides the sex of the son of Letizia?

The scientific advances do not create any problem, nor do necessary to wait for the safe ones
Little two months of the lighting of the first-born of Princes de Asturias, the Real House continues hiding the sex of the creature, a man who could receive the name of Pablo. Why?

Thursday 15 of September. 19:00 hours. The princess of Asturias, that that day celebrates his to trigésimotercer embarrassed birthday of seven months, accompanies to the Heir in the presentation of the New Dictionary of the Student, that takes place in the Foundation Rafael of the Pine, in Madrid. At the end of the act, while in the room the applause of the assistants to the words pronounced by the prince still resonates, Letizia is boarded by a veteran journalist: "Congratulations, Height. How it takes the pregnancy?”

Always complaciente with the informers to whom it considers of FIAR - nothing that to see with chusma of paparazzi that this summer roamed by the Club of Sea of Palm, inviting to the principesca pair flee from Marivent course to the island of Corfú -, Letizia trusts to its interlocutor some details of its next maternity. And in a while of the conversation, capably perhaps induced by the journalist, to the princess it is heard say to him before the general incredulity: "No, not..., we have not wanted to know the sex of the baby".

Fulfilled mission. Surpassed test. to advance events, nothing. Ever since, at the end of May, TIME kept awake that the first-born of the princes of Asturias will be man, the tactics of the Real House have not been other than the one to play the confusion with the press.

In agreement with version official - same which the heirs spread the these days in meetings of friends and identical one to whom Letizia was in charge to transmit the veteran journalist -, nor the dilemma of the constitutional reform who would derive from the birth of a girl nor the stratospheric obtained scientific advances in the field of the prenatal diagnosis have dissuaded the princes of their persistence to live the happy delay in the ignorance.

Calculated strategy?Manifest irresponsibility? When, in the middle of November, the future queen gives to light to her first-born in the Ruber clinic the International of Madrid, whole Spain and part of the foreigner will vibrate with the news of the real natalicio. To blow of special marathon in the public and deprived televisions. The kiosks, flooded those days of editions extra of the magazines.

The arrival to the world of the first-born of the heirs will shoot the image of Corona in the ranking of affection of the Spaniards. And its mediatic management has been calculated to the millimeter in the Palace of the Zarzuela. Why to ruin so successful operation of marketing keeping awake inopportunely substantial details like the one of the sex of the creature?

In opinion of some of the experts consulted by this weekly magazine, the hermetism of the Real House has something to see with that I haul of magic and so necessary mystery to the own survival of the monarchy. But also with a tradition nonwritten of the real families, hardly sustainable nevertheless in century XXI, within the framework of a constitutional monarchy the whose Magna Carta still establishes the masculine preference in the succession to Corona.

By Maite Alfageme.

The course of the real pregnancy

LA CORTE CELESTIAL, MARIÁNGEL ALCÁZAR - 25/09/2005

The past Monday, the Kings inaugurated the school year in a school of Fuerteventura; but put to speak of new seasons, no like which it waits for to the real family , in something more of a month, will extend his nónima with the birth of the "creature", denomination that the King uses when he talks about the baby who waits for princess Letizia, call to be in his day the successor of his successor. If, as Don Juan said, the monarchy is a chain and each one of its holders a link, is clear that the first son of the princes of Asturias will not be a more real grandson , but the real grandson for excellence. Because treatment excellence are the children Marichalar and Urdangarin, but the creature Borbón Ortiz will be infant/to and when it takes place the relief in the throne will be prince or princess of Asturias.

Doña Letizia, in that stratospheric trip that she initiated after beginning her relation with Don Felipe, is on the verge of arriving at the moon. Her lighting is worthy of record: the first woman in the history of Spain born outside a real family who will give light to a future king and the first princess of Asturias who will be mother in Spain and will make in life and exercise of a king. Doña Sofía gave light to Don Felipe with Franc like Chief of State; Doña Maria was mother of Don Juan Carlos in exile and Doña Victoria Eugenia was queen when she was mother for the first time. The historical importance and until the anecdotal one of the event is of which they would give to write a book.

While the moment arrives, the Princes continue fulfilling their official activities and showing which is the criterion with which they confront them. The image of princess Letizia, next to Don Felipe, sitting in a table of work in a hotel of Milan with Spanish industralists of the sector of the footwear is demonstrative of the determined will of Doña Letizia of not to be pure consorte, although it is in favor she is there indeed of her condition of wife of. Contradictions of which it is not possible to be escaped when he belongs himself to an institution that is forced to tilt between tradition and modernity without the faithful of the balance moves a millimeter.

According to the count of those that know the accounts of the real pregnancy, the happy event will not take place before the 5 nor after the 12 of November, unless the future infant/a (if there is to bet, bet by the varoncito(BOY)) is decided by him/herself the day in which full of joy to their parents, grandparents and by step he/she enters history.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050925/51193720776.html

The journalists do not put in agreement on the date in which the baby will be born, all the sources in appearance are trustworthy, because in this case the dates that I have read give them persons who are in the habit of being informed well. But in this case they range from beginning until the ends of the month, so sure nobody knows it

lula said:
The journalists do not put in agreement on the date in which the baby will be born, all the sources in appearance are trustworthy, because in this case the dates that I have read give them persons who are in the habit of being informed well. But in this case they range from beginning until the ends of the month, so sure nobody knows it

I know one thing for shure, I don't know anything off the day of birth of this baby.I just translate the article.But do you know what i'm hoping for?That the baby born in Asturias! Yes i know is to soon,But i realy realy want that baby give light in Asturias.And i also already see the scenario how it's gonna happen!
0846.gif
I can't wait!!

I thought I had read Dona Letizia herself said the birth was to take place at the end of november, maybe early december. Is this a tactic like the one the Netherlands family is familiar with?
And about a son named Pablo, hasn't Cristina already a son named Pablo? There would be two Pablo amongst the cousins.

Danielane said:
I thought I had read Dona Letizia herself said the birth was to take place at the end of november, maybe early december. Is this a tactic like the one the Netherlands family is familiar with?
And about a son named Pablo, hasn't Cristina already a son named Pablo? There would be two Pablo amongst the cousins.

It is what says this magazine, Mari Ángeles Fortress was thinking that if he was a child it might be call Carlos. All sound speculations and we will see that it happens finally.
The certain thing is that the election of the name is complicated especially if he is a male. The election of a traditional name in the Spanish Monarchy, can bring problems because to the majority they can be been by a historical problem that does that it does not please. Besides if they have to worry about not repeating any name of the cousins it is another complication. I imagine that they will end up by choosing a name that they like import for them the critiques that will exist in any case.

As for it of the tactics not. Really when the pregnancy promised to be, some commentaries made think that it announced one advanced a few days for the official trip and that the Princess was not exactly of 3 months, for what the most probable date if it would be ends of November. This date the father of Letizia commented, and the King who always tends to delay it he spoke of December.
So it seems to me that nobody knows anything safely, it without telling that the baby can decide when it is born.
Only we can only wait, which is sure is that the journalists are very impatient.

Last edited:
I'm note sure they can choose any nam they like for the heir of the throne. I mean, does someone imagine a future prince of Asturias Don Kevin? ;)
But I agree it's a very difficult exercice to choose a name (even for non-royals parents), so...

Danielane said:
I'm note sure they can choose any nam they like for the heir of the throne. I mean, does someone imagine a future prince of Asturias Don Kevin? ;)
But I agree it's a very difficult exercice to choose a name (even for non-royals parents), so...

I do not believe that they were choosing this name!:eek:
What I want to say is that they will choose some assurance of the family, but they will choose the one that they like. It is true that in a family normal to choose the name of a baby is a problem, and in a Royal Family with the whole country thinking must belong to madmen.:confused:

Last edited:
Mathilde1286 said:
When is she due?

Nobody knows it safely. The press handles many dates, from beginning until the ends of the month. The Royal House has not said at all and all sound speculations. So it will be necessary to wait.

agm said:
Una cuna para el heredero
I like the royal baby's cradle a lot..It looked simple but it is very elegant!-fit for royalty :) ..By the way, do you know the sex of Princess Letizia's baby?was it mentioned?..I could be wrong,but I have a feeling that it will be a boy,..

No one knows the baby's gender yet, except the Royal Family I suppose. There were rumours about twins, but they were quashed.

I also think it's a boy! (but I thought Mathilde of Belgium would have a girl, so...:eek: )

Letizia confesses that she feels "scared"

The princess of Asturias, that waits for her first baby for November admitted last night in Madrid that, "like all the first mothers to be, she feels "scared". Letizia Ortiz, that along with prince Felipe presided over the delivery of the Prize Francisco Cerecedo, who grants the Association of European Journalists, to the journalist and writer Juan Jose Millás, indicated that in spite of the advanced of her pregnancy she continues feeling nauseas and she limited to smile when the there present informers asked to her if she knew the sex of her real first-born.
http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=5&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=247455&idseccio_PK=17&h=051006

Last edited:
I hope and pray that everything will be alright and that the Princess will have a safe and joyful delivery..

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051009/51194928289.html

Prince, father and godfather

MARIÁNGEL ALCÁZAR - 09/10/2005

He is not the first future father to whom anybody does not even case. During the months of the pregnancy the one that matters is the mother and more that we are occupied, in this case, by the princess Letizia, whose husband, the prince of Asturias, leads weeks withdrawn to a discreet background with this own generosity of the inexperienced parents. Since the whole world goes to the princess to know how she is and such what goes the thing, don Felipe can allow live through the nearby arrival of his first son with a great emotion and, especially, without having to give explanations he brings over of his state of mind, at least out of the familiar area. Only a few days ago, in Madrid, the future mother was reporting the last details of a pregnancy of which the women qualify of weighed by the situation of morning discomfort that they generate. The gestation, as also the princess explained, it has been OK, that, ultimately, it is what matters. As every woman who faces her first childbirth, dona Letizia is consulting her friends who already have passed the situation. She does not seem to be scared, but rather puzzled and already impatient to live through the moment. Dona Letizia soprende every day for the volume of her belly, which, apparently, makes think that the pregnancy is more advanced. Though, just now, in the environment of the princes of Asturias it is avoided to make concrete the moment and the place of the childbirth to prevent that they start planting shops of campaign on the surroundings of the medical center, there is foreseen that dona Letizia gives birth between 5 and on November 12 in the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid, the same one in the two children of the infanta Elena were born. The princess Letizia will be represented by a medical equipment to whose front there will be the doctor Recasens, as gynaecologist, and the doctor Avelino Barros, as chief of the medical services of the House of the King. The clinic Ruber, a private center, Gregorio Marañón has gained the item as place of birth of a future king of Spain to O'Donnell's Maternity, a unit of neonatalogy dependent on the public hospital, belonging to the National Health Service, the first option of the Princes even before dona Letizia was remaining a pregnant woman. This choice, with which that the Royal Household was trying to emphasize the good level of the public health, she had to be rejected for several reasons. The first one, to prevent from speaking of the influence of Paloma Rocasolano, mother of the princess, nurse and there activates militant of the union of the public health, and the second one, for parties pressures of the sector of the private medicine. Since in other occasions, don Felipe, in his attempt of protecting the Princess from all those they attribute to her the capture of decisions of the couple, he chose not to innovate as for royal childbirths, in spite of the fact that to today the Ruber it does not possess unit of intensive care for newborn children. Dona Letizia will leave her official activities after Prince of Asturias being present at the acts that will take place in Oviedo, between on October 20 and 22, on the occasion of the delivery of the prizes. This week her activity will be intense: together with the Prince and the rest of the royal family, dona Letizia will be present on Wednesday, the 12th of October, in the acts of the day of the national Day and the weekend she will travel to Salamanca, where, with don Felipe, they will attend someone of the acts that will take place on the occasion of the Latin-American Summit. Yesterday, don Felipe and dona Letizia represented in house of the infanta Pilar, in Madrid, to the baptism of Luis, the first son of Beltrán Gómez Acebo and Laura Ponte. The prince of Asturias was the godfather of the child and had him in arms. In one month he will support his own son, who beside turning him into father will allow him to expire with his obligation to give continuity to the Wreath.

Last edited:
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051012/actualidad/gente/200510/12/felipe_borbon_nacimiento.asp

Don Felipe wants to be present at the birth of his first-born one

The Prince of Asturias wants to be present in the birth of his first son, foreseen for November, as he commented today in the course of the receipt offered by the Royal Family in the Palace of East on the occasion of the celebration of the National Holiday.
Dona Letizia did not accompany her husband on the receipt, though yes she was in the military parade that passed in the morning for the walk of Madrid of the Castilian one.
Don Philip, in conversation distended with journalists, commented that dona Letizia is well but that, for his suggestion,she had not been present at the receipt, on having passed of foot and given the long duration, more than two hours.
Also the Queen spoke about the pregnancy of her daughter-in-law, and said that she is marvellously.
The Prince did not elude the conversation on his close paternity, which lives coolly and illusion, and made clear that dona Letizia will be present next week in Oviedo at the delivery of the Prizes that take his name and that this year celebrate the twenty-five anniversary.
He said also that the childbirth, which predictably will take place in the clinical Rúber Internacional of Madrid, the same one in the one that had her two children the Infanta Elena, is waited by the middle of November.
Don Felip joked with the journalists on such an awaited and unknown date, and said that it might be the first week of November, or the second one, probably the third one and why not the fourth one.
The future father insisted that they do not know the sex of the baby, and that he and the Princess of Asturias shuffle a ready long billiard cue of names of child and of girl without, at the moment, they have been decided by none.
The Prince knew that the journalists who cover habitually the information of the Royal Family have done a "bet" that for the most part he bets for a male who will be born in the middle of November and whom Juan Carlos will call himself, as the paternal grandfather.
Don Felipe continued the joke and asked if he could take part also in the "bet", but he admitted that he was playing with advantage and desisted from doing it.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/39434.asp

The maternal license of a Princess: does there last the same that of an Infanta?

Infanta Cristina finishes of joining to his work in The Caixa after the birth of his daughter Irene. Now the question arises: will it have Mrs Letizia 16 weeks?

12 of October, 2005. Two years are fulfilled today from the "stampede" of Prince Felipe in the Parade of the Armed forces of 2003, which from some sectors assumes to a " secret meeting " with his lover of that time, today it handcuffs, Letizia Ortiz.

Today it will be in the tribune of the Walk of the Castilian one of Madrid, along with Mrs Letizia, since it could not be less, and probably the visage of Don Felipe, always calm, will radiate happiness for the next thing of one of the most important events of his life: the birth of his first son.

Information, the joust

For so great event, the Real House has already affirmed that it will facilitate to the journalists all the information that they need during this day. What they will not be able to avoid it will be the waiting on the verge of the Clinic Ruber Internacional of Madrid, where in the room number 10, the witness will transfer the inexperienced mother, after his sister-in-law, Infanta Elena, was giving there birth to his two sons: Froilán and Victoria Federica.

There has been little information with regard to the "real" pregnancy, but yes it has been known, ABC was publishing it last week, which in the above mentioned hospital has already reserved three rooms and which Mrs Letizia would be following the courses of preparation to the childbearing with all normality.

Maternal license

What at the moment is not known, is all the time there will be the Princess of Asturias of " maternal license". The logic makes to think that both the mother and the "creature", taking the word with the one that referred to the future baby the Pope Benedicto XVI, need approximately 16 weeks to recover of the childbearing and to adapt themselves to the new situation.

Perhaps, if Mrs Letizia is well before this time, it might accompany Don Felipe, since it does it now, to some of his official acts. Or perhaps, it might do as Infanta Cristina, in addition to Infanta director of the Social Area of Fundació La Caixa, who has joined to his position last October 5 after his maternal fall for the birth of his fourth daughter, Irene.

The date has coincided, also, with the reinicio of his official activities as we could see last week in Barcelona in the acts of the day of the Police and the opening of Sonimag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom