The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Royal Highness

From elmundo.es, some people in Spains reaction to the news.

El Rey ha expresado su satisfacción tras el anuncio del embarazo de la Princesa de Asturias y ha asegurado que todos los miembros de la Familia Real están muy contentos con la noticia.

<LI>En unas declaraciones realizadas a Telecinco en el circuito de Montmeló, Don Juan Carlos dijo: "Estamos todos muy contentos. Los niños también, diciendo que esperan un primo o prima nueva". Preguntado si será éste un nieto especial, el Rey respondió: "No, hay que tratarlo como uno más".

<LI>El presidente de los 'populares', Mariano Rajoy, ha felicitado "en nombre del PP al Príncipe de Asturias, a la Princesa y a la Familia Real española". "Sabéis que van a tener descendencia -ha dicho en un mitin- y sin duda será para bien; quiero, en nombre de todos, reiterar nuestro afecto, cariño y lealtad a la institución monárquica que todos los españoles hemos querido en el pasado y seguiremos queriendo en el futuro".

<LI>El secretario general del PP, Ángel Acebes, ha asegurado que "como a todos los españoles", la noticia le parece "magnífica": "Me sumo a las felicitaciones a los Príncipes de Asturias y también a los Reyes", ha dicho. "Sus Majestades están viviendo seguro estos días con una especial satisfacción", ha señalado.

<LI>El secretario de organización del PP, José Blanco, ha expresado "a la Casa Real, en nombre del PSOE", su felicitación. "Hoy es un gran día para la Casa Real pero lo es también para el conjunto de los españoles", ha dicho.

<LI>El portavoz adjunto de IU, José Mendi, manifestó que la coalición "desea lo mejor" a los Príncipes de Asturias aunque insistió en que la formación política "sigue defendiendo la posición republicana".

<LI>El director de la Fundación Príncipe de Asturias, Graciano García, ha destacado que el anuncio del embarazo de Letizia supone una noticia "gratísima y feliz" que hará este año "histórica" la entrega de los premios que llevan el título del Heredero de la Corona.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Nobility

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for the couple!

http://royalnews.w4.clicdev.com/f/index.php
Old 05-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by didem
Congratulations Prince and Princess

I Think a baby boy

name:
Juan Carlos Alfonso Fernando Felipe
or

Victoria Eugenia Mercedes Sofia Cristina Isabel
They had said they would name thwir baby Pelayo (boy) or Covadonga (girl), but that was befre there wedding so maybe they changed their minds, never know...

http://royalnews.w4.clicdev.com/f/index.php
Old 05-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Talking

I guess that thre are no words to tell how happy I am right now. Happy that Letizia will be able to get rid of all of that abnormal pressure to produce an heir.

How thoughtful to announce it on Mother's day!

Congratulations to Letizia and Felipe (they said at their engagement interview that they wanted more than 2 and less than 5... so, this is only the beginning folks!)
Old 05-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia!!! :)
So we can watch the birth of a Royal baby almost every month-great.
BTW an announcement on Sunday...is that "normal" for the Spanish RF?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Aristocracy

Special Program on TVE

At 16.00 PM this afternoon, spanish hour, and it is possible to see it on TVE Internacional too!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Nobility

I'm really pleased for them...congratulations to them and the people of Spain!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
I guess that thre are no words to tell how happy I am right now. Happy that Letizia will be able to get rid of all of that abnormal pressure to produce an heir.

How thoughtful to announce it on Mother's day!

Congratulations to Letizia and Felipe (they said at their engagement interview that they wanted more than 2 and less than 5... so, this is only the beginning folks!)
Anna do you know what that's mean? That soon we will see here some Baby videos too! So prepare you''re self.Mazerdote and sue too
Old 05-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
Anna do you know what that's mean? That soon we will see here some Baby videos too! So prepare you''re self.Mazerdote and sue too
I know that lapopdiva, and I can hardly wait
Old 05-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Courtier

WOW!!!!!!!!! Congrats to them, i'm so happy! I think they'll make wonderful parents!
How exciting...i can't put it all in words but isn't it just fantastic that all the CP are expecting babies this year!!! It's really a baby boom year for the royal houses of Europe!!!

Now we can understand the tired look in her face lately - i had put it down to the stress and pressure frm the media, but it's just great to know that it was otherwise - or the special smile they hve for one another.

This is just too exciting...i'm sooooo happy for them!! I'm can't wait to see Mary and Letitiza as they progress into their pregancy and the choices of materity outfits they choose...then ofcourse the birth....ohhhhh...i'm going to cry!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Nobility

Talking

That is so great! I think they will be great parents!:)
Old 05-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Crown Princess Letizia, Crown Prince Felipe and the entire Bourbon Royal Family. May God bless you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown Princess Letizia is pregnant and the baby is due on Nov 2005 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	138770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown Princess Letizia is pregnant and the baby is due on Nov 2005 2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	138771  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Gentry

Wow good news and congratulations to Felipe and Letizia !!!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Nobility

I'm soooo happy for them!
Today is a really perfect day, the sun is shining, Mother's day and the announcement. I wish the "little" family the best and may god bless them.
Now it will be a very interesting time.

What I also want to say: Respect to you who had a presentiment for that! :)
Old 05-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I got the news from Anna via PM first thing ... and I have to say I was so excited, it was if I was the one who was announcing a pregnancy!

I think "over the moon" is not a superlative phrase enough to describe how happy I am about this wonderful news!

A big year for the King and Queen -- they will be welcoming two grandchildren in one year!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Royal Highness

WOW!!!! It's going to be a busy fall season for the stork! This is wonderful news!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Wow! Definitely interesting! Congrats to Letizia and Felipe! It's amazing how many CP's are pregnant right now. You have to wonder what's in the water!!! (Want to have a baby? Marry into a royal family!)

You have to wonder if Felipe and Letizia and Mary and Fredrik are getting tired of constantly making announcements with in two weeks of one another! :) I'm sure they are happy for one another, but those two couples can't seem to get away from each other!

Anyway-I'm happy for the couple, what an exciting time!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Just one word to express my feelings...

YYYYEESSSSSSS!!!!

I am so glad for Letizia and Felipe, for the Royal family and for Spain!!!

I wish her a healthy pregnacy and a beutiful baby! (But he or she can only be cute, judging by his or her parents 'allure!!)

VIVA ESPANA!:)

Old 05-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

YES!!! I'M SO HAPPY!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOVELY COUPLE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pavillion.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	138810