The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I've never seen any of Letizia and Mary either. I know Letizia was at Mary's wedding, but I'm not sure if they had any of them together.
Yes, At the silver wedding in Luxembourg.

In Spain, they commented that Letizia call by telephone to Mary when was born her daughter and Mary gave back the call to her when sofía was born

Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Courtier

I'd like to see Felipe and Letizia attending more events where other Royals are also in attendance. I'd love to see pictures of her chatting away with the other Princess's/Queens or dancing with the Prince's/Kings.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

It seems to me, I don't know for sure, but the King and Queen attend most of the gala events outside the country. I have never heard (maybe I just didn't hear about it) about Letizia and Felipe vacationing with any of the other royals. It would be wonderful to see them going to some of the parties that the rest of European royals attend (again, dripping in bling, bling).
Old 06-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
it also looks like they won't attend the next norwegian celebrations in honour of the queen... we'll have to keep fingers crossed for that.
Correct. Same as at Harald's birthday, where King & Queen plus one of the infantas (Cristina) went. This time it's Elena's & Jaime's turn.

Pity! I guess we have to wait for Victoria's wedding for F & L to show up (in case it will ever happen)
Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Correct. Same as at Harald's birthday, where King & Queen plus one of the infantas (Cristina) went. This time it's Elena's & Jaime's turn.

Pity! I guess we have to wait for Victoria's wedding for F & L to show up (in case it will ever happen)

Except to see the Princess of Asturias in tremandous gown, is it very important, today, tht the Princes have to go to royal festivities ?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Aristocracy

I have always thought that Juan carlos didn't really care for the royal parties (weddings etc.) and that he only went when it was absolutely necessary. For example, I remember Sofia going with Felipe to both Haakon's and Märtha Louise's wedding. Now it seems that Felipe has also stopped going to the parties which seems a bit strange to me...
Old 06-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan View Post
I have always thought that Juan carlos didn't really care for the royal parties (weddings etc.) and that he only went when it was absolutely necessary. For example, I remember Sofia going with Felipe to both Haakon's and Märtha Louise's wedding. Now it seems that Felipe has also stopped going to the parties which seems a bit strange to me...
He went to Norway but true, he is not so often to be seen. Sofia went alone to Thailand and he did not go to Jordan either, but F & L went. Same in Denmark. Does anyone know if there have been occasions when King, Queen & Felipe went together abroad (pre-Letizia) for a royal gathering?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan View Post
Do you thonk it's really strange ? or may be can we interpret this very relative lack of interest for the Princes for this kind of reception by the fact that as the politic situation in Spain is difficult they don't want gave the image of happyfew Crown Heirs who don't have nothing to do that to go royal festivities. As you can see neither the Queen EII nor the Prince of Walls with his wife go to this kind of event.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He went to Norway but true, he is not so often to be seen. Sofia went alone to Thailand and he did not go to Jordan either, but F & L went. Same in Denmark. Does anyone know if there have been occasions when King, Queen & Felipe went together abroad (pre-Letizia) for a royal gathering?
They all attended Queen Sonja's birthday celebrations 10 years ago and I think it was possible to see the whole family in occasion of Greek weddings (Alexia's and Pavlos') in London, but I can be wrong. For a few years they have been in habbit not to let Juan Carlos and Felipe go somewhere abroad together, f.e. the Kings and F&L never go together for any state/official visit. I think JC wanted Felipe to participate in all Crown Princely weddings we had in last years, that's why he didn't attend them, so Felipe had to go there just with mum and sisters & hubbies.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Do you thonk it's really strange ? or may be can we interpret this very relative lack of interest for the Princes for this kind of reception by the fact that as the politic situation in Spain is difficult they don't want gave the image of happyfew Crown Heirs who don't have nothing to do that to go royal festivities. As you can see neither the Queen EII nor the Prince of Walls with his wife go to this kind of event.
The Prince of Wales went to Spain to attend F & L's wedding It's widely accepted that QEII doesn't go anywhere and apart from her I don't know a monarch or heir to the throne who doesn't show up at least from time to time.

As JC did and does go to some gatherings, his decision might have to do with the relations to that specific royal house, if the Queen, Felipe (& Letizia) or one of the infantas go or situation in Spain at that moment.

Maybe he just takes the opportunity to spend some time with his hunting buddies when the rest of the family is out
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena View Post
I think JC wanted Felipe to participate in all Crown Princely weddings we had in last years, that's why he didn't attend them, so Felipe had to go there just with mum and sisters & hubbies.
maybe part of the plan to find him a royal wife
Old 06-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes, in some occasion it has happened, but years ago. 10 years ago they went to the celebrations of the Kings of Norway, and they went to funerals of Hassan of Morocco and Hussein of Jordan, also they have done it for some wedding, but family weddings, as those of the Greek princes in London.

The Spanish Royal Household only celebrates of official form weddings and funeral, so partly it is normal that they come to the same celebrations, and that do it less to birthdays, anniversaries and varied parties.

In the last years it is very slightly habitual that the King and the Prince come together to this type of celebrations. The King doesn´t go to weddings abroad, he only goes to that wich are of the family. Normally to the weddings of the inheritors have gone always the Queen and the Prince, in occasions accompanied for someone of the infantas. The King comes always to the funerales of other Kings, since the Queen does it to the funerales of the colitigants.

The Prince has never done a trip of State or official to another country with the Kings, as do other inheritors. Every Royal Household has its way of taking the things and its own rules.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes, in some occasion it has happened, but years ago. 10 years ago they went to the celebrations of the Kings of Norway, and they went to funerals of Hassan of Morocco and Hussein of Jordan, also they have done it for some wedding, but family weddings, as those of the Greek princes in London.

The Spanish Royal Household only celebrates of official form weddings and funeral, so partly it is normal that they come to the same celebrations, and that do it less to birthdays, anniversaries and varied parties.

In the last years it is very slightly habitual that the King and the Prince come together to this type of celebrations. The King doesn´t go to weddings abroad, he only goes to that wich are of the family. Normally to the weddings of the inheritors have gone always the Queen and the Prince, in occasions accompanied for someone of the infantas. The King comes always to the funerales of other Kings, since the Queen does it to the funerales of the colitigants.

The Prince has never done a trip of State or official to another country with the Kings, as do other inheritors. Every Royal Household has its way of taking the things and its own rules.
Thanks for explaining Lula.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Prince of Wales went to Spain to attend F & L's wedding It's widely accepted that QEII doesn't go anywhere and apart from her I don't know a monarch or heir to the throne who doesn't show up at least from time to time.

For the Felipe and Letizia 's wedding, it's totally normal because, as you know, it was a wedding of Crown Prince, futur Chief of State, exactly as the Prince of Wales(sorry for my mistake about the spelling of the name.....) who represented both the Crown of Great Britain and the country, it's a strict question of protocol as you can imagine! As you know too the Prince of Wales were in Spain to the funeral mass after the 11M but it's not him who assist at quiet all the royal festivities in Europe.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
For the Felipe and Letizia 's wedding, it's totally normal because, as you know, it was a wedding of Crown Prince, futur Chief of State, exactly as the Prince of Wales(sorry for my mistake about the spelling of the name.....) who represented both the Crown of Great Britain and the country, it's a strict question of protocol as you can imagine! As you know too the Prince of Wales were in Spain to the funeral mass after the 11M but it's not him who assist at quiet all the royal festivities in Europe.
The BRF will have their own rules regarding who will attend what, as every monarchy has. Given mummy & daddy haven't done any weddings / birthdays / funerals for many years (total contrast to Spain) the Prince of Wales and his siblings have to represent far more often abroad than others.

With JC staying at home quite often I would prefer to see F&L with the Queen (with or without one of the infantas) more often, Jordan & Denmark were a good start, but unfortuately it hasn't proven to become the norm.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Courtier

but hasnt things happen stop them going to birthday party's etc like her siter dieing ? cant think of anything else .
Old 06-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
With JC staying at home quite often I would prefer to see F&L with the Queen (with or without one of the infantas) more often, Jordan & Denmark were a good start, but unfortuately it hasn't proven to become the norm.
But Jordan and Denmark were royal weddings... and as Lula said, the SRF only celebrates funerals and crown princes' weddings in a institutional way. It's quite different from birthdays and wedding anniversaries; in these cases, it's usually the Infantas who are sent abroad... Just like, for example, the Prince of Wales was sent to F&L wedding in Spain, but it was Princess Anne who was sent to the wedding celebrations of Luxembourg...

Anyway, as you said, each Royal House has its own rules and, as long as it works smoothly, that's what matters.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

We don't have to wait that long . I think F&L will go to WA's 40th birthday celebration on Sept 1st. Felipe was asked to inaugurate the Euro basketball on Sept 2nd during the audience with the organization committee Normally he would have either accepted the invitation or said he would try to make it, but that time he just smiled and didn't say anything. Thus I think he and Letizia most likely have other plans around Sept 2nd.
I never thought either the King or Felipe would attend Sonja's birthday cruise. It's a bit too long and the SRF haven't started the summer holiday yet.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope we will see Felipe & Letizia during W-A's birthday celebrations.

Here are two pictures of Letizia and Prince Charles (on March 24, 2004) during the state funerals of the victims of March 11 attacks ---> Princess Letizia and Prince Charles 1 ; Princess Letizia and Prince Charles 2

It appears the two have good relationships.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Great pics Avalon! Thank you.