The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

Picture Gallery from Hola.com. I really like her outfit today.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to Letizia! She looked very happy to receive this honor.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

La Princesa de Asturias recibe el título de "Hija Adoptiva" de Ribadesella/Diario de Navarra
Photo

More photos, some of them very nice:
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE
PPE

Photos:
Gallery/La Rioja
Photos of Letizia and Felipe embracing Letizia´s grandmother are very nice.

Video/20 minutos
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Princess Letizia looks amazing today! Nice hair and coat.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
waouh she's perfect today!! love her hair her clothes!!!!nothing to say!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Great outfit, the coat in particular is lovely piece. She looks very happy to be there.
I am in full agreement with the above views. Being happy makes her absolutely gorgeous.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

I love these pics. Besides the fact that she looks great and I like her hair better now that it has grown a bit and has the loose curls. I love how she and Felipe get right in there and are apart of things. Not that she is overbearing or anything it's just that her interest in things is so evident. I appreciate that a lot about the both of them, there are always many pics that I can see this demonstrated.

PPE Agency
PPE Agency
PPE Agency
Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I know very little Spanish but watching the video gave me the impression that she gave a very warm speech. She seemed very natural and very connected to her audience. This is contrary to a post that I read previously that said that she gives speeches like she is still a news presenter.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
I know very little Spanish but watching the video gave me the impression that she gave a very warm speech. She seemed very natural and very connected to her audience. This is contrary to a post that I read previously that said that she gives speeches like she is still a news presenter.

You are not mistaken chuchu, the speech has been very emotional, Letizia has read it very well as usual and her harmonious voice recalls to the voice of a TVnews presenter but she has read, once again, a great and natural speech. She certainly is a good example of how to read in public.

The gettyimages photos are very very nice!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Courtier

I just read that Letizia's paternal grandfather died today. Is this true?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Nobility

I love the coat Letizia wears today. The sweater underneath is nice too. I don't like the slim pants though. Letizia looks so much better in wide-legged pants because her legs are a bit too skinny. I like her hair and especially the soft makeup today. She looks radiant and lovely. It's a nice home-coming for her. Her voice is very very nice. No wonder she could climb so fast in TV journalism. It's very soothing on the ears, unlike some of the Spanish anchors here in US.

Letizia's paternal grandfather died a year or so ago. Do you mean her maternal grandfather?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know why she was given this honor? Has she done anything for this city? The speech only tells you that she was there most summers and her grandmother lives there, but is this sufficient for someone to be given such an honor? I think I am missing the point. I loved her speech--until she had to say "the prince..." I was actually moved by the speech until she had to let everyone know about "the prince." I know it is the protocol, but I still don't like it. She looked beautiful today though. I loved her hair--the coat was a little too big, but she looked great!!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu
I just read that Letizia's paternal grandfather died today. Is this true?
Nope, her paternal grandfather died almost 3 years ago.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Lovely event, its nice to see Felipe watch Letizia sometimes do things on her own. Liked the pictures of the couple with the children and shacking hands with the locals. Letizia looked lovely & lovely hair for the event. Thank you for the pictures
Old 12-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
MediumPhoto
This was a lovely event, Letizia was full of joy and happiness. It was great to watch them with the children. The bond between Letizia and Felipe is very special.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Does anyone know why she was given this honor? Has she done anything for this city? The speech only tells you that she was there most summers and her grandmother lives there, but is this sufficient for someone to be given such an honor? I think I am missing the point.
first, she is princess of Asturias, very important and popular person, and in addition you can read the Mayor's speech:

"También intervino en este acto para glosar la figura de doña Letizia el alcalde de la villa, Ramón Canal, quien recordó los tiempos en que la Letizia periodista «encontraba refugio en la serena tranquilidad de la casa de su abuela desconectando de la acelerada vida de la capital de España». El primer edil aprovechó para agradecer a doña Letizia que en aquellos años siempre colaboraba «en los distintos eventos que organizábamos llevando el nombre de Ribadesella allí por donde iba». Y recordó con «especial entusiasmo el sentido pregón de las fiestas de 1999, o vuestra participación como invitada de honor en otros actos organizados por este Ayuntamiento»."

I think if you have links with a city and you are popular, is usual that this city give you that honour. Letizia will be Spain's Queen, women can be more important in a country? (except the Queen) I don't think so.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

she looked great and the speech sounds extremely warm! quite similar to the oviedo one, but much sweeter. i think it's great she finally inagurated the promenade also.

are there any videos of the speech? the 20 minutos one seems to cut when she speaks!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
she looked great and the speech sounds extremely warm! quite similar to the oviedo one, but much sweeter. i think it's great she finally inagurated the promenade also.

are there any videos of the speech? the 20 minutos one seems to cut when she speaks!

Vídeo · Doña Letizia recibe el título de 'Hija Adoptiva' de Ribadesella
Old 12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Nobility

I forgot to mention that I loved all the traditional costumes the children wore. They looked lovely. Whenever Leonor and Sofia visit Asturia, I hope they will wear those costumes too, to show their roots in the area. I'm sure that will please all the people in Asturia.

It's obvious the locals are just proud that a local girl has become the Princess of Asturia and will be the queen of Spain one day. What more reason does it need to honor her as the favorite daughter of the town?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Letizia was beautiful and extremely happy and Felipe was very proud. They are a couple with exceptional connection in everything, her looks are unforgettable.