Visit to the US: September 18-30, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hm-q-r. essentially it is just another conference where a lot of hot air is talked and Rania gets to rub shoulders with other wealthy and well connected people, like so many other visits to the USA. As this falls under the 'inspirational' banner, it means that she will probably give a speech very similar to many others she has given before with forced metaphors and an aura of insincerity, like many other people in similar positions do, I hasten to add. Anything for a soundbite.

What I don't like is this flying overseas to talk about raising standards for people when her own country is floundering and lagging behind on human rights, poverty, womens rights, freedom of speech etc. I really genuinely think that I would have much more respect for her and her husband if they had sorted Jordan's problems out first, maybe not 100% of the problems but definitely made good inroads into raising the standards across the board in their own backyard. What I hate are these silly, non-essential visits just for personal publicity and PR purposes and to back up the image she likes to portray to Americans, which is very different to the one she presents to her own people. It is almost like she can't stand to be in Jordan for more than a week or two at most.

Yamamah, you took the words right out of my mouth. She always seems to find an excuse to go to the U.S. (and more specifically NYC) each September and each spring. I wonder which award she's going to "win" on this trip for all of her supposedly hard work on behalf of whatever. Have you noticed there is always some award she picks up on each trip? I wonder sometimes if she (or some staffer under orders) applies for them. There's just too many of them on too frequent a basis for it not to be deliberate on her part.

She will also be making an appearance via pre-recorded video at the Millenium Campus Conference at Columbia University
Keynote Speakers Confirmed for the Millennium Campus Conference 2010 « UWIRE PR

Rania is not receiving any award for this appearance, but I believe she will be returning to the US in November to pick up her Tech Museum award, and no, I don't think you can just fill out applications for all these awards. Ever stop to think someone else nominates her because they read of her work and she shows up not to be rude? I mean really, how many actors refuse to go to the Oscars because they don't want people to think they're in it for the awards?

Her last trip to the US in September 2009 was for a Women's conference that was hosted by her and Wendi Murdoch. This September it's a women's conference hosted by Sarah Brown, another friend of hers, and she was probably asked to go and speak to garner more proceeds for her white ribbon alliance. I sincerely doubt Rania calls these people up and says I hear you're having a conference, let me come speak. Do you ever think she's invited (far in advance) and feels she can't turn them down?

I know you guys have your issues with Rania, and I don't agree with everything she does either, but give her a break. For whatever reason she's doing this, ultimately someone's being helped by it, a charity is raising money, she's raising awareness, if she's doing it for press, who cares so long as people who need help are getting it? (my revised blog on the issue, for those who read my last blog, you may or may not be happy with the reconstructing I did)

If you guys dislike her so much, why do you follow her?

Petra reported that HM king Abdullah II and queen Rania left to the US today and prince Faisal swam in as regent.
King, Queen leave on U.S. trip
AMMAN -- Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Saturday flew to the United States where the King will lead Jordan's delegation to the United Nations General Assembly session which runs till the end of the month.
http://en.ammonnews.net/article.aspx?articleNO=9600

Last edited:
I thought this was a solo trip for Queen Rania.
Does anyone think that Queen Rania will attend United Nations General Assembly session?

The Clinton Global Initiative also starts in a couple of days, I expect to see her there too although I didn't see her name listed among the official attendees.

according to french/morrocan source Princess Haya will be in the ONU conference too!

It sounded like all these events are overlapping, it seems it might be difficult for Rania to attend them all, but not impossible, i suppose

It sounded like all these events are overlapping, it seems it might be difficult for Rania to attend them all, but not impossible, i suppose

Considering the political climate, it would not look good for Rania to appear to be too close and friendly at such an event when Hillary Clinton is trying to sort out the Peace Process. The line between politics and personal relationships has to be kept distant. It would not be appropriate for Rania to attend Hillary's husband's conference when Rania's husband is involved in sensitive negotiation with Bill's wife!

Last edited by a moderator:
True but Rania is a frequent panelist on the CGI so it might not be taken as crossing the lines when she's really not doing anything out of the ordinary

Yes she is a regular visitor to CGI and King Abdullah himself has attended the event on a few occasions.
Let's wait until we know what the rest of their schedule is like.

King Abdulla II agenda in this visit as reported by Petra

1- His Majesty will head the Jordanian delegation to the 65th session of the UN General Assembly in New York, which started last week.

2- The King will also attend a UN summit on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in New York from September 20-22 under the title "We Can End Poverty", the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported.

3- The Monarch will deliver two speeches during the events and will meet on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, in addition to several presidents of participating countries and delegations.

In NYC for UN General Assembly and all the buzz of activity that surrounds it! Mission for leaders this week: achieving the
QR`s twitter.

Is it the first time Rania attends the UN General Assembly?

OK so I'm eating some crow this morning...but still don't think she asks/applies for these awards, who the hell keeps giving them to her?

Twitter: QueenRania

Honored 2 receive award from @SarahBrownUK @AriannaHuff & Donna Karan at #WIE. White Ribbon Alliance speaks for itself! The White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood

Is it the first time Rania attends the UN General Assembly?
she has attended before, to listen to her husband speak.

wie | Women: Inspiration & Enterprise - Queen Rania's profile is listed in the WIE Speakers and WIE Admire sections of this website, along with Michelle Obama, Oprah and others.

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 20: (L-R) Fashion designer Donna Karan, Queen of Jordon Rania Al Abdullah, Sarah Brown and Arianna Huffington attend the 2010 WIE Symposium press conference at Skylight West on September 20, 2010 in New York City.

Last edited:
i don't remember seen QRania in the UN General Assembly.
in wich year she was there Humera?

i don't remember seen QRania in the UN General Assembly.
in wich year she was there Humera?

I just remember seeing a picture of her in the audience. She was sitting in on one of the sessions of the UNGA. I'll get back to you with the year.

I just remember seeing a picture of her in the audience. She was sitting in on one of the sessions of the UNGA. I'll get back to you with the year.
i see Humera thanks:flowers:
if i know the year i could easily find a photo.

King meets UN Secretary General

New York, Sep. 20 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday met with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and discussed regional and international issues, especially efforts to solve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
Jordan News Agency (Petra) |*King meets UN Secretary General
Queen Rania: Education is nothing less than a life saver

Jordan News Agency (Petra) |*Queen Rania: Education is nothing less than a life saver
Queen Rania receives the Leadership Award at a symposium in New York

Jordan News Agency (Petra) |*Queen Rania: Education is nothing less than a life saver

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 20: Queen of Jordon Rania Al Abdullah attends the 2010 WIE Symposium press conference at Skylight West on September 20, 2010 in New York City
Daylife pics

Queen of Jordon Rania Al Abdullah attends the 2010 WIE Symposium - News, photos, topics, and quotes
more
http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=Rania+Al+Abdullah+press
Jordan's King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein(L) enters a meeting with the United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon September 20, 2010 at the Millenium Development Goals Summit at the United Nations in New York.

http://www.daylife.com/photo/07v18KQ0ocb4N?q=King+Abdullah+II+Secretary+General
http://www.daylife.com/photo/08kZ24xfni8W0?q=King+Abdullah+II+Secretary+General
HM King Abdullah II
http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=abdullah+II+Millennium+Development

Last edited by a moderator:

New York -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, gave the keynote address at the 1Goal education event today, as part of Her Majesty’s trip to the US accompanying His Majesty King Abdullah II.

Back
Top Bottom