Queen Rania's visit to the UK & U.S: May 13-19 , 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Queen Rania attended the Annual Ark Fundraiser held at the
old Waterloo Eurostar Terminal in London, May 13, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: She's in London?! Good to know - thanks for the pics! :flowers: Both Rania and Uma Thurman look stunning!

Who is the deseigner of the dress please?

i like her shoes from louboutin!

Why do these newspapers continue to print untruths??? Queen Rania is nowhere near 5' 9". She is around 5' 5" or 5' 6". I am 5' 8" and she was wearing heels standing next to me and we were level. I was in flat shoes less than 1 inch heel. She might be 5' 9" in very high heels but not with out. Queen Noor is naturally tall, and she is about 5' 9" in her flat feet!

Does the article say what day she visited? (For my files)
She visited the newspaper offices in London with her office director Lama Nabulsi yesterday May 14.

Why do these newspapers continue to print untruths??? Queen Rania is nowhere near 5' 9". She is around 5' 5" or 5' 6". I am 5' 8" and she was wearing heels standing next to me and we were level. I was in flat shoes less than 1 inch heel. She might be 5' 9" in very high heels but not with out. Queen Noor is naturally tall, and she is about 5' 9" in her flat feet!

I think nobody now is fooled by some informations given by some kind of "medias"...They try to embelish somehow "people" and give them the image of perfecteness.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/r8s1uUKiDh8/ARK+fundraiser+dinner/HCsqkbT4gcy/Queen+Rania+of+Jordan
This photograph is very telling. Uma Thurman is knowen to be 5'11, and standing in flat sandales and leaning next to Queen Rania who is in Louboutain heels. She's still at least 2inchs taller, thus Queen Rania's height is in fact between 5'4 and 5'5 without heels not more. I think her slim figure and wearing high heels always helps to appear somehow spindly. Though I like the gown from front, but not back, I find her curves very flat and unflatteling.

As for the fundraiser itself, with all what happens in the world now, I find it a little bit odd that a royal cross half earth to participate in such as events and to gather in the end of the day 180.000£, I guess half of it goes to pay the expenses of the event itself.
Royals with their "perfect" image, should have a symbolic role which doesn't serve any advertisings, but they shoud serve IMO noble causes with a neutral way.

I think nobody now is fooled by some informations given by some kind of "medias"...They try to embelish somehow "people" and give them the image of perfecteness.

Queen Rania of Jordan Pictures - ARK fundraiser dinner - Zimbio
This photograph is very telling. Uma Thurman is knowen to be 5'11, and standing in flat sandales and leaning next to Queen Rania who is in Louboutain heels. She's still at least 2inchs taller, thus Queen Rania's height is in fact between 5'4 and 5'5 without heels not more. I think her slim figure and wearing high heels always helps to appear somehow spindly. Though I like the gown from front, but not back, I find her curves very flat and unflatteling.

As for the fundraiser itself, with all what happens in the world now, I find it a little bit odd that a royal cross half earth to participate in such as events and to gather in the end of the day 180.000£, I guess half of it goes to pay the expenses of the event itself.
Royals with their "perfect" image, should have a symbolic role which doesn't serve any advertisings, but they shoud serve IMO noble causes with a neutral way.

Well I think she needs to go back to jorddan and serve her people because she gets lets rumors of her being a diava and uncaring and it not good at all I hope she listens to her fans and people and go home and help her poor nation heck have the dinner in jordan maybe a tent dinner. She jet setting to much this always happens in the western media before a hard fall

Reeeda you are reading my thoughts ; same her :flowers::flowers:

Everyone saids they look alike so prob one time I thought rania was the crown proncess of spain lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think she needs to go back to jorddan and serve her people because she gets lets rumors of her being a diava and uncaring and it not good at all I hope she listens to her fans and people and go home and help her poor nation heck have the dinner in jordan maybe a tent dinner. She jet setting to much this always happens in the western media before a hard fall

You have raised a very good point twilightroyalty. Many people in Jordan are tired of her jetsetting lifestyle and these awards do nothing to help Jordan or its people but are about more publicity and self promotion for Rania. Human Rights awards to her and her husband are absurd considering the laws in Jordan which repress people and infringe on their rights. What a pity the West does not dig too deeply before such displays of sycophancy. If she and her husband had genuinely moved to reform Jordanian laws and society to make it a free and open place instead of secret police on every corner, phone tapping and repression, then perhaps I would applaud her but she and her husband do not.

yes they look pretty much alike especially after princess letizia had a nose job they almost have the same profile look and the same slim figure

you've made a very good points here twilightroyalty and I think you're right it's nice she try to put Jordan on the map in the world but I think that she exaggerate with all this silly events she attend she seems she spend all her time outside Jordan and she forgot that Jordan is a Third-world contry wich have alot of development issues that cant be solved by attending events with Uma Thurman and her other celebrities friends:ermm:
all that cant have any real effect on situation in her contry IMO.

the queen is actually in US? didn't know that i though that was from her last trip.
isn't too soon to go back on another visit?

The event took place Wednesday May 19, 2010.
It is quite soon, I was suprised to be back so soon.

you've made a very good points here twilightroyalty and I think you're right it's nice she try to put Jordan on the map in the world but I think that she exaggerate with all this silly events she attend she seems she spend all her time outside Jordan and she forgot that Jordan is a Third-world contry wich have alot of development issues that cant be solved by attending events with Uma Thurman and her other celebrities friends:ermm:
all that cant have any real effect on situation in her contry IMO.

i am not tryin to be jugemental i actually like Rania alot I just don't like the way this is going....how long before the press turns on her in the west you guyz know we do that. And dazzling what was she doing in the Us?

You seem to have forgotten about her projects at home: Madrasati(My School), Family Consulting project and Jordan River Foundation, etc..... Also she visits different cities in Jordan for different causes, but her trips to foreign countries attract more attention, as international media is there for this increadibly beautiful woman, but they ignore her efforts at home or summerize it within a sentence: "She works hard in and out of her country to improve her people's life. "

You seem to have forgotten about her projects at home: Madrasati(My School), Family Consulting project and Jordan River Foundation, etc..... Also she visits different cities in Jordan for different causes, but her trips to foreign countries attract more attention, as international media is there for this increadibly beautiful woman, but they ignore her efforts at home or summerize it within a sentence: "She works hard in and our of her country to improve her people's life. "

The school project was good but she can get the international media to go to jordan unless she cant control them when their there and they get other shots then her charity and they leak but just my opinion like i said before not hating on rania just want ot c alittle more change in lving conditions on jordan

Rania does a lot for Jordan, but she has to visit other countries as well for different reasons. Royalty have visits to other countries all the time. I have never heard her called a Diva. Why would BBC World or CNN want to cover a story on Queen Rania's Madrasti?
Can she have a direct influence on the changes in Jordan. I don't think she can wave a magic wand.

i think they would...... ive seen them cover other stories about her one about a school being build in jordan and another on women rights i think but we better get back topic dont want dazzling topic get us does anyone know why she was in the states

Back
Top Bottom