Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks - I am in research mode for my dissertation at the moment and as the saying goes I want to 'hit the books before they hit back'!

I agree the jordanian royal family talk a lot about honor killings when they are in foreign countries. But what did they make inside Jordan ? They charged the parliament not passing a law but there were no parliament at all in Jordan during 2 years!! So, during 2 years KA and his government had done whatever they want without any parliamentary poll.
Now there is a parliament, without any islamists thanks to an unrepresentative electoral cutting, with loyal Beduins who are voting whatever the royal family want thanks to corruption. So I hope they will pass a law soon.

If you've still got something to say to me Sean, please address it to me directly.
My opinions expressed in other posts weren't addressed to you.
I've got exams coming up and I simply dont have any time to waste on arguments that dont go beyond repetitive rhetoric.

I understand that Queen Rania stressed at the begininng of her becoming queen that she didn't own her own tiara, the she borrowed the one the once belong to Queen Alia from Princess Haya (the daughter of QAlia) during her corronation. But I know when the king and queen visited the UK on an official visit in 2001 (I think) that Rania was wearing a new tiara--there's a also a portrait of the couple (see attached photo from Magickal Rania yahoo group) where Rania is wearing the new tiara. In anycase--is that tiara on lone or does she really own it?

The reason I ask this is because the queen was very adament at the begining of her reign that she was not spending a lot of money despite being called the, "Hand bag queen" by many of the Jordanian people. So then why would she have bought a new tiara (if in fact it is hers) if she wanted to counteract what her people were accusing her of--spending too much money on clothes and jewels even though Jordan doesn't have the financial resourses to support her spending.

Attachments

• 2001_pics______________2313.jpg
    2001_pics______________2313.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 376
this is from the HARPER's interview....

From the moment of Rania's coronation in 1999 - an event for which
she wore a borrowed tiara ("I couldn't be bothered to go and buy
one," she explains, "because, you know you don't get to wear them all
that often")

Nicole, a lot of Queens own more than one tiara. Usually they're passed from one generation to the next. With the Jordan Royal Family it seems this is not the case and Rania didn't inherit a tiara. In the past she used to borrow one from Princess Haya. In the run-up to the coronation I would say she really didn't have the time to buy one but in the last 4 years she's acquired two tiaras, one worn on tne State Visit to the UK and one to Sweden. I don't see anything wrong with that afterall she is a Queen and needs to represent her country accordingly. What she's said in the past is in the past, maybe borrowing the tiara from P Haya wasn't that practical, plus it is Haya's tiara and very special to her as it used to belong to her late mother Queen Alia.

Furthermore to some of the criticism about Rania's spending, I would say that there are people who can never be pleased. The average poor Jordanian who it would seem would SO object to the Queen's spending doesn't own a TV set or a computer so how could he or she know what the Queen wears. In Jordan on visits to poor areas, the Queen always dresses aappropriately. The people who DO seem to object so vehemently are the richer Jordanians.

TC
Barbara

Originally posted by barbara_41172@Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:42 pm
The people who DO seem to object so vehemently are the richer Jordanians.

True.
Thats what the Newsweek article mentioned as well.
The "Handbag Queen" title was given to her by a bunch of wealthy Jordanians, which does seem to suggest jealousy and envy on their part.

Originally posted by barbara_41172@Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:42 pm
Furthermore to some of the criticism about Rania's spending, I would say that there are people who can never be pleased. The average poor Jordanian who it would seem would SO object to the Queen's spending doesn't own a TV set or a computer so how could he or she know what the Queen wears. In Jordan on visits to poor areas, the Queen always dresses aappropriately. The people who DO seem to object so vehemently are the richer Jordanians.

TC
Barbara
Barbara i'm not sure if you've ever been to Jordan, but I have. There is a LARGE middle class is Jordan who have a TV set at their home. The rich in Jordan make up less than 1%. It's the middle class that I speak of. They are stuggling to get by day to day and when the majority of your county is in that class I have to admit I would have a problem with the queen of my country spending so much money on her clothes and jewels. Rania is a beautiful and elegant queen who doesn't need to wear ALL the expensive clothes and jewelery that she wears. She can tone it down just a little in my opinion.

Nicole, u made a point, we are talking about the Queen of a very poor country, not about Q Elizabeth The II of UK...... ppl in Jordan do have a TV set at home and they use to go to Net Points, a Jordanian guy wrote in a Forum that unemployed guys in Amman usually spend the whole day at Net points. I think Jordan ppl know very well what the Royal Family is doing, that's why there's been a strict cencorship about the Jordan Royal Family in the last 2 years, King Abdallah stated in an interview that it was no business of the media what The Royal Family members were doing in their spare time.

I can say that that tiara for sure is in excess of $ 100,000.00 US$. I saw
a tiara similar in height and different design and it was $ 125,000.00!

so go figure that one out.

Originally posted by George@Dec 8th, 2003 - 2:38 am
I can say that that tiara for sure is in excess of $ 100,000.00 US$. I saw
a tiara similar in height and different design and it was $ 125,000.00!

so go figure that one out.
It is most likely more than that. The stones in today's tiara's are often of much better quality and hence much more expensive.

oMG yes i saw QN at Larry King and yes her lips are really weird . :lol:
She did it!
I'm afraid it's Silicone :wacko:
QR yes she looks different she did something to! :blink:
Well they are like almost everyother woman just like to play with "knives" :lol:
But we have to forgive them. :blush:

Please check 'A Reminder About Posting Guidelines' or Important topics' - 'Posting guidelines' (pinned), and I'm sure the going on disscusion regarding Aisha's remarks will be over...

Although rather ironic, Aisha's remark was just a joke - that is the way I see it.

Keep smile on your faces - being happy feels so great. :)

Originally posted by kiarasecretagent@Dec 22nd, 2003 - 3:13 pm
I'm afraid it's Silicone :wacko:
I think people put COLLAGEN in their lips. Silicon must be reserved for the bosom. :rolleyes:

on the topic of cosmetic surgery, i think its fine for burn victims and others who need it because of a medical condition but for noor and rania? come on. they were beautiful to begin with...i think all this surgery, botox, whatever it is is making them look worse...people look best when their beauty is effortless (or looks effortless)...anyway, just my opinion...

hey asma, if you don't mind me asking, what happened at the 2nd arab women summit?

Those who support Ranias spending, be ashamed of your self. Jordanians children are dying because there is no health care system. Abdullah has money for Rania and when it comes to people he goes to western countries and begs for money. Jordan (and Egypt) is Arab country that heavily depends on western money just to survive. Donations that are going to Jordan to poor people are use on Rania lavish lifestyle. What do you think she has money from?

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Dec 5th, 2003 - 12:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ Dec 5th, 2003 - 12:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbara_41172@Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:42 pm
The people who DO seem to object so vehemently are the richer Jordanians.

True.
Thats what the Newsweek article mentioned as well.
The "Handbag Queen" title was given to her by a bunch of wealthy Jordanians, which does seem to suggest jealousy and envy on their part. [/b][/quote]
The rich Jordanians are only H family. As far as jealousy goes that is exactly what Rania said. When people talk about her spending they are jealous. However, she forgot that she is first lady (not a Hollywood star) and her responsibility is to serve Jordanian people. And listen to their concerns.

Good God! some of you really need to calm down and stop taking this so personally. None of the people who have defended Rania, including myself, have endorsed her extravagance. Infact, the only reason I started this thread was because i was taken aback by this article about her gold shoes. She always comes across as a savvy business woman and the fact that she could indulge in something so frivolous totally shocked me. But the fact remains that her spending habits, however inappropriate, should not be treated as the cause of problems that plague not only Jordan but the rest of the Middle East. That sort of behaviour demonstrates carelessness because you end up focusing on something entirely superficial and ignoring the roots of the problem.

What about the citizens of most third world countries that experience the problems that Jordanians do but do not have the luxury of blaming Queen Ranias of their own?
Besides, its not like she's snatching the bread out the mouths of her subjects or not working to make their lives somewhat easier.
Its just too bad that her intensely glamorous image prevents her from being taken seriously at times. Hopefully she'll mend her ways as times goes by.
Thats all I have to say on the matter.

For some reason I find repeating myself over and over and over again. Either its because Im not making myself clear enough or my comments are being entirely misinterpreted.
For the last time, I dont believe Queen Rania is without blame in this matter. Nor do I think that her spending doesn't create problems. I just dont think the issue deserves such intense scrutiny, that is all. Royal families are criticized for their lavish lifestyle in many countries and that still doesn't get many results. So I dont think that the Jordanian royal family or Rania will change their ways just because they have all these critics out there. The more attention people pay to the lifestyles of people like Rania, the more they end up ignoring more significant problems. Criticisms of human rights violations are likely to be taken more seriously than whining about a woman's wardrobe.

Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 6th, 2004 - 5:16 pm

Funny, I was thinking the same about my comments. Also, it may just be me, but it seems that you're changing your tune a little.  :p
I dont think so.
I believe im expressing myself more clearly thats all.
My time away from this thread has been a healthy thing. Im just not taking this business too seriously.

Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 6th, 2004 - 5:16 pm

I dont believe Queen Rania is without blame in this matter. Nor do I think that her spending doesn't create problems. I just dont think the issue deserves such intense scrutiny, that is all.

That is where we differ.

Royal families are criticized  for their lavish lifestyle in many countries and that still doesn't get many results. . So I dont think that the Jordanian royal family or Rania will change their ways just because they have all these critics out there.

Sorry, but none as poor as Jordan have royals as lavish as the Hashemites. Moreover, the level of criticism is different and *there* have been results. Monarchies in Europe, for instance, have trimmed down substantially over the last several decades. Even the British Monarchy has a way ahead group and is trimming down. (Not only financially, but on titles etc. as well. Just look at Prince Edward's daughter being styled Lady as opossed to Princess.) Those who refuse to listen to public opinion end up in the dustbin of history (e.g. the Romanovs, the Pahalavis, etc.).

The more attention people pay to the lifestyles of people like Rania, the more they end up ignoring more significant problems.  Criticisms of human rights violations are likely to be taken more seriously than whining about a woman's wardrobe.
These things are not mutually exclusive. They are all tied together. Living in the lap of luxury while keeping the people down in a police type state is very relevant. Moreover, spending the people's meagre resources (and whether you like it or not, that is the fact) on designer bags, shoes, vacations with a retinue of hundreds, etc. are a form of human rights violations as well.

Sean.~
Couldn’t say better myself, Sean.

Humera you are wrong if you think that this lavish lifestyle of JRF doesn’t have end. Corruption is the main problem that is discussed by all western governments. Lavish lifestyle of Saddam Hussein was several times mention by American government (even when they tried to make case for war). As mention by Sean, Shah of Iran is other example. People of Iran had no other choice just to follow Islamic fundamentalist Chommeni. Iran until today remains Islamic country. Rania lavish lifestyle is serious problem. Those behaviours have to be stop otherwise will cost other problems. And should be address. After all Jordan lives from our western money.

PS: I have no problem what so ever with you repeating yourself. We can be happy that we can express ourselves freely. In Jordan LTR is cut of service.

One more thing. Give me the name of First lady (from whole world) that spend more money that Rania.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Jan 6th, 2004 - 5:32 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ Jan 6th, 2004 - 5:32 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sean.~@Jan 6th, 2004 - 5:16 pm

Funny, I was thinking the same about my comments. Also, it may just be me, but it seems that you're changing your tune a little.  :p
I dont think so.
I believe im expressing myself more clearly thats all.
My time away from this thread has been a healthy thing. Im just not taking this business too seriously. [/b][/quote]
Imelda Marcos -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom