Is Rania Popular in Jordan?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes rania is popular but off what i know people don't like her much they say she is like marry intoanet. becouse jordanis a poor country and i read an article saying that one of rania dress was more than 20000 that can feed all the poor people in jordanhttp://www.arabtimes.com/

LeoMama said:
Yes rania is popular but off what i know people don't like her much they say she is like marry intoanet. becouse jordanis a poor country and i read an article saying that one of rania dress was more than 20000 that can feed all the poor people in jordanhttp://www.arabtimes.com/

this website is banned in Jordan Leomama, only us in the US can see it.

polop said:
First of, I know it's an opinion.;) And why would Rania herself say that she uses her clothes to get attention??Are you saying Iam jealous of her???:eek:
There have been several posts where I actually liked what she wore, what she did, and where she did it.I believe the actual critic seems to be you Humera, with all due and respect.It's amazing how none of you point the times where I have appluded her.I am not a negative person, but it seems that how you wish to portray me.The media won't give Rania's clothing more than a mere glimps, because the "media's" priority is not saving Jordan's economy.By the way, what do you mean by "it" reveals something about you?No offense, but you hail Rania as the savior of Islam.I respect her, and what she did for muslims after 9/11, but the truth is, she was not the only one doing something, and if you look now, in most nations it hasn't even made a difference.
mee too I have the same opinion.I mean me too I respect QRania she is smart person modern queen,elegante,classy......but I don't like all that noise about her like she is the only one who do some thing or the only person who represente arabic and islamic world only because she travell alot and likes camera..
if popular mean to you guy fame I think that she is in jordan with all that media cover:it's hard to say she isn't:ROFLMAO:
if it's mean be loved by pepole I think we should ask the jordanians,even it's hard to juge.not all jordanians are members here.

Last edited:
In my view, Her Majesty does her best fulfilling her royal duties. It is impossible for any king/queen or government to keep each subject of a country happy and satisified. This undlerlies reasons why some people like or dislike Queen Rania.

I think we all have our own views on the Queen. What I think what the people of Jordan view her. I can't comment. I am not Jordanian. But, what I can say is I like her for the work she is doing. As A queen and her royal duties..... she has come a long way. I will agree, I might not like some of the things she does, but who am I to say. SHe's the Queen and I guess she has her reasons. I mean the clothes she wears and so forth. Remember one thing. No matter where she goes and what she does. People will always find fault. It goes for all of us. We all been their one way or another. Yes, she is Queen and she is in the spot light 24-7. That is the life she chose and that is the life she wants to lead. How she decide to live her life is the way she likes it, even though we might agree or not. on how she dresses and so forth The most important thing is the work that she is doing.... I do have to admit I still have to learn more about the Muslim culture, so it hard for me to make comments on the way she reflects her own culture. I am learning slowly....

I think she's ,popular like how is any royal to his country,but my question is is she loved by Jordanians, because popular doesn't mean being loved!

Reading the posts in this thread, it is clear that people like & dis-like Rania for various reasons. I am a supporter at what she does and she carries her work out well.
Imo about Rania and her popularity it comes down to the Jordanians to comment on this subject but I think that all the events & visits to places that were his by earthquakes or attacks does not make her popular. About Rania dressing up for her events and outing, I do agree with the member who said she looks like she’s dressed of a runway in Paris. If you all look back at her designers, 60% of her outfits are indeed of the runway.

A comment about this thread:
1. It seems that some members don’t want to her negative things about Rania, BUT reality is that no one is perfect. Its not jealousy if someone dis-likes her or any other royal but it could be for various reasons.
2. Negative comments are taken personally in this thread which is a shame because everyone is entitled to their opinion & when someone gives their opinion its answered with a thousand words.

I think that the person's comments about how many Jordians would be feed by Rania's extravagent dresses is basically where I stand on this.

Jordan is an extremely poor country, so poor that it needs foreign aid, and has to cosy up to a nations that the people don't want to cosy up to for that aid.

However, if I were to look at the clothes my Queen was wearing, I would wonder just how much my aid money is going to pay for my Queen's clothes rather than on things that could feed and build up my people. I have a real issue with ruling families that somehow have tons of money, whereas their people have nothing. As far as I can something is quite rotten there.

I realize that royalty has to look nice, but something tells me that Rania would look absolutely lovely in clothes that cost a lot less. Also, I think that during hard times, a good King and Queen think about these types of things.

For example during World War II, the King and Queen of England their children dressed in shabbier clothing and cut a lot of expenses as a symbol of solidarity with their people.

And as for the sleevless dress. I remember and I studied Islamic history, that Islam does proscribe modest dress, and you would be hard pressed to find a man where shorts etc. When I visited a mosque women were exhorted to be covered up....And men are expected to dress modestly as well.

bekalc said:
I think that the person's comments about how many Jordians would be feed by Rania's extravagent dresses is basically where I stand on this.

Jordan is an extremely poor country, so poor that it needs foreign aid, and has to cosy up to a nations that the people don't want to cosy up to for that aid.

However, if I were to look at the clothes my Queen was wearing, I would wonder just how much my aid money is going to pay for my Queen's clothes rather than on things that could feed and build up my people. I have a real issue with ruling families that somehow have tons of money, whereas their people have nothing. As far as I can something is quite rotten there.

I realize that royalty has to look nice, but something tells me that Rania would look absolutely lovely in clothes that cost a lot less. Also, I think that during hard times, a good King and Queen think about these types of things.

For example during World War II, the King and Queen of England their children dressed in shabbier clothing and cut a lot of expenses as a symbol of solidarity with their people.

And as for the sleevless dress. I remember and I studied Islamic history, that Islam does proscribe modest dress, and you would be hard pressed to find a man where shorts etc. When I visited a mosque women were exhorted to be covered up....And men are expected to dress modestly as well.

beautifully said, couldnt agree less. I think people should impress people of their country before impressing the west. because people of your country is what counts at the end of the day.
As for Rania, i would think the question is not if she is popular in jordan but is she liked? i assume that everyone is aware of their queen

There is another side to this to. Because Rania is wel-dressed and looks rather pretty the media takes more interest in her AND in what she has to say. This will benifit the causes she is putting her energy in.
We do not know how much she is paying for her clothes btw, I can magine that Parisian designers will give her a discount or clothes for free as it is good publicity for them to have Rania walking around in their clothes.

I doubt whether they give them for free or with a discount, there are a small amount of women who keep couture alive and solvent and the royals are part of it.
Know somone who works for Valentino and the bridal gown of Maxima was hugely expensive but they gave the dress she wore at the pre wedding party as a present. Imagine that was an exception because of the special occasion.

Marengo said:
There is another side to this to. Because Rania is wel-dressed and looks rather pretty the media takes more interest in her AND in what she has to say. This will benifit the causes she is putting her energy in.
We do not know how much she is paying for her clothes btw, I can magine that Parisian designers will give her a discount or clothes for free as it is good publicity for them to have Rania walking around in their clothes.

I think that we cannot rememeber of having a Royal that only thinks of his country and not think of his apperance first!Of course apperance is important but feeding his country and helping his people to survive isn't important to?

Thinking about your country an appearance goes hand in hand. Nobody wants a slob as their head of state.

Before we get any further into the realm of speculation, lets clarify one thing,
Queen Rania does get many of her clothes, especially her evening gowns, either for free or the designers let her borrow them. She specifically mentioned this fact in an NY Post article last year.

Last edited:
lil Monkey said:
this website is banned in Jordan Leomama, only us in the US can see it.
Not only you .... I can do that too ...

bekalc said:

Firstly are you suggesting that the Royal Family are mis-using aid money? That is a very serious allegation and one that I think requires proof to back up such an assertion.

Secondly I find it quite strange that people find Rania and Abdullah to be extravagant when compared to other Arab Royals they are very understated. For example, compare them with the Saudi Royal family who are overtly extravagant and ostentatious. King Fahd used to spend $40,000 a day in Marbella where he had a palace.
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Marbella mourns King Fahd's death

Saudi Arabia's unemployment rate is almost identical to Jordan's.

Similarly King Mohammed VI costs his people $256m p/a. That is 18times Queen Elizabeth II
albawaba.com middle east news information::What does Moroccan Royal Court splurge on?

I have not once read anything factual that describes similar excessive spending by Rania and Abdullah

bekalc said:
If you claim tohave studied Islam then you will know their in onely one God, Allah.
Only He has the right to judge.

Little_star said:
Firstly are you suggesting that the Royal Family are mis-using aid money? That is a very serious allegation and one that I think requires proof to back up such an assertion.

Secondly I find it quite strange that people find Rania and Abdullah to be extravagant when compared to other Arab Royals they are very understated. For example, compare them with the Saudi Royal family who are overtly extravagant and ostentatious. King Fahd used to spend $40,000 a day in Marbella where he had a palace.
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Marbella mourns King Fahd's death

Saudi Arabia's unemployment rate is almost identical to Jordan's.

Similarly King Mohammed VI costs his people $256m p/a. That is 18times Queen Elizabeth II
albawaba.com middle east news information::What does Moroccan Royal Court splurge on?

Little_star, the thing is, the Saudi's have the money to spend, theyve always had it. About KA & QR im not sure if they have that kind of money for people to talk about, hope made sense here & i know this was off topic, sorry.

Humera said:
Before we get any further into the realm of speculation, lets clarify one thing,
Queen Rania does get many of her clothes, especially her evening gowns, either for free or the designers let her borrow them. She specifically mentioned this fact in an NY Post article last year.

Do you have the article ? id like to read it, seems intresting.

dazzling said:
Little_star, the thing is, the Saudi's have the money to spend, theyve always had it. About KA & QR im not sure if they have that kind of money for people to talk about, hope made sense here & i know this was off topic, sorry.

The saudi have the money to spend, but it doesn't mean that the saudi people isn't poor and isn't in need! Besides you don't personnaly know the hashemite family, nobody of us knows, but we can bet they have their own business affairs, exactly as the moroccan royal family does.

Humera said:

I remember this coming up, I think it was at the event she wore the high necked silver dress in the US, I believe several people, including Barbara Walters asked her about it and QR mentioned that she got some designer clothing as a gift or on loan.

Designers are well known for giving away their expensive items to celebrities as well as to royalty. It’s free advertising at its utmost. The goody bags given to Oscar presenters this year was worth almost 100,000 US dollars. Designers compete to get actresses and famous women to wear their clothing because then the rest of the world wants to look and dress like them.

I will look for the article that mentioned QR getting things either for free or on loan from designers. I know it’s on the site here somewhere.

******EDIT*******

Ah ha! Found it. It was originally post 5/10/06 in KA & QR current events 14, post 239 by RachelA.

"I thought this snippet from Cindy Adams column was interesting:

A ROYAL sit-down, 500 persons, at the Met for Jordan's drop-dead gorgeous Queen Rania. She's pushing a TV idea. A Jordanian cartoon series for kids. "Ben and Izzy" is about an American and an Arab. It's humor. It's to show we can all play together. It's to try to sell in this country.
She was like any other television promoter except for chandelier diamond earrings, which doubled her own weight. Her Maj wore a glorious pleated, ruffled, sleeveless, gray organza gown. "I don't always own these clothes," said HRH Rania. "Some, of course, I actually buy outright, but very often the designer lets me have it or allows me to borrow it for the night." I mumbled she really didn't somehow look to me as if she had to stay on a budget. "Ohhh, Lord," said Barbara Walters, standing between us. "I can just see the way this story is going to read."

Cindy Adams - New York Post Online Edition "

The link doesn't work b/c it's old. If I have time, I'll poke around for the article.

Last edited:
That's right jroneida and thank you for providing the link. I've tried searching for the article on the site but had no luck, its probably been archived. I hope you have your answer dazzling.

I'd like to point out that we're not here to start comparisons with other royal families since they're all in unique situations of their own. Nor are we here to make allegations regarding the Jordanian royal family's finances (since none of us are privy to its details) which can be quite serious and could land the Forums into legal trouble. So please be careful about the type of comments you make or unfortunately the mods will have to start deleting posts.

Thank you for your co-operation

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom