The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #261  
Old 01-06-2019, 08:49 AM
kathl29's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Why would it be more damaging to queen Rania than to other royal houses? Clearly the others aren't that worried because they either don't parade in so much new haute couture or don't panick when what do they is analyzed (including lots of caveats by the blog owners who explicitly stated that not everythimg was included nor can it be confirmed that the royals paid exactly that price).



In the end, if she does what is right, there shouldn't be a reason to panick... and threaten a simple blog.


Jordan is struggling incredibly badly economically at the moment compared to European countries. Some of the richer Gulf Countries have given them money and loans to assist but in return they expect Jordan to introduce new taxes etc.

There are regular peaceful protests by Jordanians due to the high unemployment level and new taxes the government is trying to bring in and a blog report showing how much the Queen spent on clothes would not be a good look right now. I guess the court were trying to stop the blog reports before they could gain traction in Jordan but I think the statement has probably not worked as well as they hoped.
__________________

__________________
Above all, be the heroine of your life ... (Nora Ephron)
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 01-06-2019, 11:58 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 16,383
King Abdullah and Crown Prince Hussein watch the national football team’s 2019 AFC Asia Cup match against Australia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsS11neh_rh/
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 01-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
Jordan is struggling incredibly badly economically at the moment compared to European countries. Some of the richer Gulf Countries have given them money and loans to assist but in return they expect Jordan to introduce new taxes etc.

There are regular peaceful protests by Jordanians due to the high unemployment level and new taxes the government is trying to bring in and a blog report showing how much the Queen spent on clothes would not be a good look right now. I guess the court were trying to stop the blog reports before they could gain traction in Jordan but I think the statement has probably not worked as well as they hoped.
I understand that Jordan's position is more volatile at the moment but the best course of action would be for queen Rania to change her behavior instead of attack a blog that only highlights her behavior. This is what the Spanish court did. Unemployment was (and still is to some extent) high, people suffered economically and the royal family (or at least the queens) adjusted their image to that reality.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 01-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Most royal houses adopt the attitude that it is better to ignore these type of blogs rather than attack them. At the end of the day these type of blogs can never really be that accurate so better to ignore them, commenting as the Court has here means they obviously, on this case, hit too close to home. The Court's statement has made this a bigger story as it appears to give it credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Why would it be more damaging to queen Rania than to other royal houses? Clearly the others aren't that worried because they either don't parade in so much new haute couture or don't panick when what do they is analyzed (including lots of caveats by the blog owners who explicitly stated that not everythimg was included nor can it be confirmed that the royals paid exactly that price).
In the end, if she does what is right, there shouldn't be a reason to panick... and threaten a simple blog.
If the Hashemites decided to contact the blog in question, they had to have a good reason for doing so. The statement was awkward. Hopefully Queen Rania will reduce her meetings with various celebrities and gala/soiree/film premiere appearances.
I happen to have a very low opinion about mass media in the enlightened western regimes. They do spin truth to fit a particular government agenda (e.g., Iraqi WMD and Libyan campaign). The regimes in question too can not be trusted. As for the transparent expenses of the European royal houses, I do not believe them as they can be doctored.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 01-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
If the Hashemites decided to contact the blog in question, they had to have a good reason for doing so. The statement was awkward. Hopefully Queen Rania will reduce her meetings with various celebrities and gala/soiree/film premiere appearances.
I happen to have a very low opinion about mass media in the enlightened western regimes. They do spin truth to fit a particular government agenda (e.g., Iraqi WMD and Libyan campaign). The regimes in question too can not be trusted. As for the transparent expenses of the European royal houses, I do not believe them as they can be doctored.
I guess that comes from being from a different culture. If you cannot trust your own media you are more likely not to trust others' either. Unfortunately, I do believe many media spin truth, mostly in non-democratic regimes (and American media also tend to strongly favor one party over the other). In general I do think that most western media does try to report on what really happens and not favor their government (typically they are quite critical of the current government, independent of the regime; again, with the exception of the States that imo is so polarized that it shows in all most all areas of life (not trying to start a political debate, just acknowledging that not all western media can be grouped together). That doesn't mean they cannot be misled or not have access to all relevant information.

Most importantly, I don't think any government has anything to do with a private blog about prices of royal clothes. Except of course the Jordanian court who felt threatened by a simple report on freely available information and forced them into no longer reporting about them (so essentially curtailed freedom of press).
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 01-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Rossina's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 6,670
January 8
His Majesty King Abdullah II and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II watch the national football team’s 2019 AFC Asia Cup match against Australia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsS4pfEn0Wu/
__________________
TRF Rules ** MEMBERSHIP FAQ** TRF Blog
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Al khansae's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Agadir, Morocco
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Statement on the queen's costumes: estimates are far from reality
The statement said We used to see a number of inaccurate publications on social media about the cost of what Her Majesty is wearing during her daily activities," .
The statement pointed out that theobsessionses are far from reality.


The full statement (Arabic)

Following is the translation of the Arabic text:


For the first time, the RHC admitted that most of her majesty`s outfits are either borrowed from fashion houses or purchased at special prices.
Queen Rania seems like nice dowm to earth person but in this statemet she come across as a snob;sure she understands what bother her poeple her parade of the expensive clothes loans or not borrowd or not; knowning some own countrymen struggle to have decent meal and roof above their head....it's more a question of bad taste and Rania should be carful and understand that's point come over her obsession for fashion
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 02-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Rossina's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 6,670
His Majesty King Abdullah II visits the tomb of His Majesty the late King Hussein on the 20th anniversary of his passing
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photo...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photo...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photo...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photo...type=3&theater

HM King Abdullah II addresses Jordanians on the occasion:

__________________

__________________
TRF Rules ** MEMBERSHIP FAQ** TRF Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
general news, king abdullah ii general news, queen rania, queen rania general news


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General questions about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family LeoMama King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 124 11-24-2018 04:00 PM
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Picture thread Jenna1186 King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 223 05-26-2017 09:50 AM
Children of King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Part 2 - February 2011 - July 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 285 07-02-2013 05:02 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 368 02-26-2008 12:26 PM
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 1: September 2003- Alexandria Current Events Archive 162 10-10-2004 07:41 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" australia belgian book british royal family britishroyals camilla ceremony charles clothes corruption countess of wessex current events daughter daughters documentary duchessofcambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex england extramarital affairs fashion felipe and letizia friendly city genetics greece harry hohenzollern infanta cristina interests juan carlos kate middleton king felipe ladies-in-waiting meghan markle monaco osborn patronages porphyria prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales prince laurent princess anne princess claire princess eugenie prince william public opinion queen elizabeth royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal ladies royal wedding savoy saxony siblings soldier south africa state visit swedish royal registry the crown tiara titles uk styles van belgiŽ viscount severn wedding windsor windsor castle



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises