Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, though I am unsure of how many of those black tie state dinners have been at Versailles.

A black tie State Dinner in France would already be an Upgrade as usually there are ordinary suits for the men and short gowns for the woman.

I think that the Teck circle tiara would get lost in Camilla's hair, it's really not very high. The Teck crescent tiara has reportedly been loaned to Camilla by QEII. I fear that Camilla doesn't like the Teck crescent tiara, or she would have worn it during QEII's lifetime. So why should she wear it now? As much as I'd love to see it again, I don't expect that we'll ever see it on Camilla.

My rather pessimistic guess is: no tiara in Paris, and the sapphire tiara once again in Berlin.:sad: Her next tiara debut will probably be at a British event, and then I hope for the mighty kokoshnik or the gorgeous Oriental circlet.

I don't think Camilla will wear the sapphire tiara in Germany because blue isn't in the German flag. If she repeats QE2's visits to Germany, she'll either wear diamonds only, diamonds and pearls or diamonds with rubies.

I don't think Camilla will wear the sapphire tiara in Germany because blue isn't in the German flag. If she repeats QE2's visits to Germany, she'll either wear diamonds only, diamonds and pearls or diamonds with rubies.

I guess all will be revealed in the days to come.

But for some reason Queen Elizabeth II. never wore her burmese ruby tiara in Germany. Not sure but i think she has worn it for an in coming SV from Germany to the UK:

My guesses for upcoming events in May:

Swedish SV to Estonia:

Queen Silvia: Baden Fringe tiara

Colombian SV to Spain:

Queen Letizia: Queen Maria Christina's Cartier Loop tiara

Last edited:
My guesses for upcoming events in May:

Swedish SV to Estonia:

Queen Silvia: Baden Fringe tiara, Edwardian Ruby Tiara or Connaught Tiara

Colombian SV to Spain:

Queen Letizia: Queen Maria Christina's Cartier Loop, or Floral Tiara

In June there will be a Dutch SV to Belgium and it is possible that Elisabeth and Amalia will attend. I would love if Amalia wore the Diamond Bandeau tiara.

Also, the banquet will be held a couple of days before Alexia 18th birthday and it's possible she may attend but of course I don't expect that to happen. Maybe Alexia will attend the banquet but won't wear a tiara.

Last edited:
In June there will be a Dutch SV to Belgium and it is possible that Elisabeth and Amalia will attend. I would love if Amalia wore the Diamond Bandeau tiara.

Also, the banquet will be held a couple of days before Alexia 18th birthday and it's possible she may attend but of course I don't expect that to happen. Maybe Alexia will attend the banquet but won't wear a tiara.

Princess Alexia lives in Scotland for her education. Most likely Alexia and Ariane will go the way of their uncles Johan Friso and Constantijn: pursue their own future careers and a life outside the Royal House. It would surprise me to see the sisters of Princess Catharina-Amalia attending any State Visit at all. No diadems to see on them, in Brussels.

Wow so many state visits in upcoming few months!

France to Netherlands: I'm guessing the smallest settings of Stuart tiara but I also hope to see the Ruby Peacock tiara on Maxima (just because I kind of miss that one). Queen Emma's tiara for Beatrix and the Pearl Button tiara for Margriet.

Sweden to Estonia: the Leuchtenberg Sapphire parure for Silvia.

Columbia to Spain: I guess Queen Ena's Pearl tiara or the Floral tiara but I hope Letizia will use the Shell Pearl tiara.

Netherlands to Belgium: I guess Wurttemberg Pearl tiara (sans pearl toppers) for Maxima and Nine Provinces tiara (full setting) for Mathilde (not much choices for her honestly, always welcome a surprise appearance of the Spanish Gift tiara though).

Elisabeth might attend but I don't think we'll see Catharina-Amalia. If the two heiresses attend I hope to see them wearing Belgian and Dutch Laurel Wreath tiara respectively. Alexia definitely wouldn't attend given her age, and I agree we wouldn't see her in any state visit until she finishes her studies. On the other hand I would welcome a surprise appearance of Gabriel (I don't think he will attend though).

Last edited:
I think Letizia might leave the bigger Bourbon Tiaras for the Coronation in May and might opt for the pretty Floral Tiara for the incoming State Visit :previous:

I think Letizia might leave the bigger Bourbon Tiaras for the Coronation in May and might opt for the pretty Floral Tiara for the incoming State Visit :previous:

I think she will use the FdL for the coronation instead. That's their biggest and most important tiara.

IIRC she has only worn Queen Ena's pearl tiara once? I wish she will use it again in state visit.

A lot of state visits coming up:

- UK to Germany
Queen Camilla - The Oriental Circlet

- France to the Netherlands
Queen Máxima - Ornate Pearl Tiara

- Sweden to Estonia
Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara, Baden Fringe Tiara (potential second evening)

- Colombia to Spain
Queen Letizia - Floral Tiara

- The Netherlands to Belgium
Queen Mathilde - Nine Province Tiara
Queen Máxima - House/Stuart Tiara in one of the smaller settings

- UK to Germany
Queen Camilla - The Oriental Circlet or Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik

Queen Máxima - Ornate Pearl Tiara, Mellerio Ruby Parure or Ruby Peacock Parure

- Sweden to Estonia
Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara, Baden Fringe Tiara or Edwardian Ruby Tiara

- Colombia to Spain

Queen Máxima - House/Stuart Tiara in one of the smaller settings or Sapphire Parure

For the Belgian State Visit I hope Queen Máxima wears the full Peacock Parure, with both diadem and mirroring collier, earhangers, brooches and bracelets. The quite purple tones of the rubies in this parure will colour well with the Leopoldsorde.

The diadem:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/47/1d/b0471d3ab576e93ddefdd0ea6662ffb1.jpg

The matching collier:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/06/19/3CE75D2C00000578-4197262-image-a-50_1486410472304.jpg

The matching earrings:
https://i0.wp.com/www.thecourtjewel...22-0805-01-irene08.jpg?resize=1035,1536&ssl=1

Last edited:
For the Belgian State Visit I hope Queen Máxima wears the full Peacock Parure, with both diadem and mirroring collier, earhangers, brooches and bracelets. The quite purple tones of the rubies in this parure will colour well with the Leopoldsorde.

The diadem:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/47/1d/b0471d3ab576e93ddefdd0ea6662ffb1.jpg

The matching collier:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/06/19/3CE75D2C00000578-4197262-image-a-50_1486410472304.jpg

The matching earrings:
https://i0.wp.com/www.thecourtjewel...22-0805-01-irene08.jpg?resize=1035,1536&ssl=1

The Peacock necklace and tiara together would be a great look for Quieen Maxima.

- UK to Germany
Queen Camilla - The Oriental Circlet

- UK to Germany

Would love to see Queen Camilla use the Oriental Circlet, paired with the Crown Rubies, for the state visit to Germany. That said, I am just not sure she is ready just yet to wear pieces with such history and provenance, and may wait till after the Coronation to use them.

To the Swedish SV to Estonia, I guess that Silvia can wear the Edwardian Ruby Tiara, Queen Sophia's Nine Prong, Baden Fringe, Napoleonic Cut Steel or the Connaught Tiara

That said, I am just not sure she is ready just yet to wear pieces with such history and provenance, and may wait till after the Coronation to use them.

It's so hard to guess, but I'm between the Oriental Circlet, the Ruby Burmese, maybe the Brazilian Aquamarines or who knows the Belgian Sapphires again...

Wow so many state visits in upcoming few months!

France to Netherlands: I'm guessing the smallest settings of Stuart tiara but I also hope to see the Ruby Peacock tiara on Maxima (just because I kind of miss that one). Queen Emma's tiara for Beatrix and the Pearl Button tiara for Margriet.

I think that we'll see Margriet wearing the Laurel Wreath again

Last edited by a moderator:
Impatiently awaiting the State Dinner so I am making a last minute guess for Camilla tonight.

I agree with the sentiment that she likely won't debut anything else new before the coronation. I think maybe the Sapphire tiara was her "in between" choice from ascension to coronation.

And even if she were to debut something new/more grand it likely would have been for the French SV at Versaille. So I think it's likely we see her again in the Sapphires tonight. But I'd love to see the Greville back in action with a necklace debut from the vaults.

Would love for her to surprise me though! In a dream world the Oriental Circlet would be incredible to see. We'll know within the hour!

Impatiently awaiting the State Dinner so I am making a last minute guess for Camilla tonight....

But I'd love to see the Greville back in action with a necklace debut from the vaults.

You got your wish. ?

- UK to Germany

- Sweden to Estonia
Queen Silvia - Queen Sofia's Tiara, Baden Fringe Tiara or Edwardian Ruby Tiara

- Colombia to Spain

Queen Máxima - House/Stuart Tiara in one of the smaller settings or Sapphire Parure

Although it is unlikely, I hope to see Queen Letizia wearing the Mellerio Shell tiara at the Colombian state banquet since she hasn't worn it yet as Queen, but previously wore it as Princess of Asturias.

If Queen Camilla will wear a tiara for the reception at the British Embassy tomorrow, I predict she will wear the Modern Sapphire tiara.

These are all lovely choices. My guess is that it might be a smaller setting of the Stuart diamond tiara.

My guess for the French state visit Gala Dinner
Maxima, Ruby Tiara or Diamond Bandeau
Beatrix, Q.Emmas Diamond Tiara or Pearl Button Tiara

Margriet, Laurel Wreath or small Saphire Tiara

My guess for the French state visit Gala Dinner
Maxima, Ruby Tiara or Diamond Bandeau
Beatrix, Q.Emmas Diamond Tiara or Pearl Button Tiara

Margriet, Laurel Wreath or small Saphire Tiara

If Laurentien attends, she could wear the Laurel Wreath or Emma's Diamond Tiara

This month will be King Willem-Alexander's 10th anniversary as King. For his 5th anniversary, official photos were released and Queen Maxima wore the Mellerio Sapphire tiara. If there will be a new official photo this year, I predict Maxima will wear the Ornate Pearl tiara .

This month will be King Willem-Alexander's 10th anniversary as King. For his 5th anniversary, official photos were released and Queen Maxima wore the Mellerio Sapphire tiara. If there will be a new official photo this year, I predict Maxima will wear the Ornate Pearl tiara .

I wish her wore the full version of the Stuart Tiara

I would hope that the Floral tiara days are over for Letizia, same with the Prussian that she has never worn as Queen. Those should be reserved for Leonor and Sofia.
Maybe the same goes for the Shell tiara that was never worn as Queen either.
So I am expecting Fleur de Lys, Loop or Pearl Tiara.
The Princess Tiara is out the the other's league I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom