The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This maxi dress is less convincing that all of the previous maxi dresses she has worn so far, but it looks nice nontheless.

:previous: Call me boring, call me old fashioned, but I think jeggings do absolutely nothing flattering for Catherine and have no place on an official tour. To my way of thinking they don't even belong at a polo match but rather hanging around home, hanging the washing or a mad dash to the supermarket.

The 'sprayed-on' look creates a weird 'shrinking effect. Large head tapering to smaller feet, all out of proportion. Worse, she missed the chance to debut a new chic casual and functional style. Jeggings we can see her wear any time, and we do.

Agree 100 per cent where one should wear jeggings.

The pink dress is just perfect. Love the way the bib portion is outlined in black trim and the trim goes from the neckline down the sleeves. Pretty design that way.

I like both the looks from today...the safari outfit and the short pink dress...both looked nice on her.

LaRae

This tour has been a hit with fashion. Not every outfit has been an all-time favourite but I like them all and it's nice to see Catherine experiment with new colours and styles.

I love this latest dress - she has worn some lovely materials and interesting styles which look very relaxing to wear. I 100% agree about an aversion to the leggings ( and she can rock casual wear). What a waste of a beautiful blouse.

:previous: Call me boring, call me old fashioned, but I think jeggings do absolutely nothing flattering for Catherine and have no place on an official tour. To my way of thinking they don't even belong at a polo match but rather hanging around home, hanging the washing or a mad dash to the supermarket.

The 'sprayed-on' look creates a weird 'shrinking effect. Large head tapering to smaller feet, all out of proportion. Worse, she missed the chance to debut a new chic casual and functional style. Jeggings we can see her wear any time, and we do.
Well shoot me Marg, I wore brown leggings to the Doctor yesterday! And I'm feeling a certain affinity for Kate's jeggings today. :flowers: I loved her shirt. I know it's the kind of casual shirt she tends to wear, but to me she always look relaxed and natural when she gets to play the "dressed down" appearance card.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

The pink and black dress is super cute. Love it. Her hair looked great as well.

I like the safari outfit. Kate can wear leggings and look amazing. She has the perfect body type for them.

Last edited:

I agree with you on the jeggings - not something the ordinary person should wear on a high pro-file work event such as this.

I do quite like most of her outfits this trip however. I really liked the long red print she had on yesterday and the two piece black and white evening outfit.

I think she looked fabulous today! I'm a royal watcher myself, but I'm also critical when I don't like some things.

BUT, I love everything she wears today. I like the jeggings, I don't see anything wrong with them, they looked fine for tour at the Safari center. It would be worse if she wore jeans... What are you people expecting? A skirt or dress in that environment?... She looks confortable in them, they are jeggins, it means they are close to your skin but they're flexible.
The blouse was a nice/sweet touch.

The pink dress is so cute! I love the lenght as well. But I think the updoo is not very suited for the ocasion. Odd, when it's more formal events, she wears it down, but in the wild (it's a park and you are with animals) she wears updoos. I don't understand, It's not a complain its just odd to me (they seem out of place/I can't describe it better I'm sorry).

And one thing it's bothering me: wedges! Most here complain about it, maybe it's a cultural thing, I don't know, but here in the summer, women wear wedges a lot, I have a pair or two myself, I like it. And I like it on Catherine as well. I agree about the wedges on the cricket game, but she looked grogeous with them, the problem for me was that you don't play games with wedges. But she looked great.

Pink and Black dress is superb! Great to have in your wardrobe and that hair is beautiful!

You are old fashion Marg, jeggings are part of everyday wear and it doesn't look sprayed-on

Kate wearing trousers at the wildlife park today

https://twitter.com/ANI_news/status/720116883052175360/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

click on photo and it gives you a series
British royal couple goes on northeast India wildl

https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty

A few pictures on Rebecca English's twitter account of the look

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Rebecca mentions a second look for the day, a dress, but haven't seen any photos yet

A lovely casual look.

Dress is by Topshop.
I love this dress, its young, it's summery and colorful with a lovely print and black detailing.

More pictures

Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up

I think this dress is awful. The black detailing does not work well with the print.

love Casual Kate! i think the jeggings and blouse this am were perfect. Especially the colors - which i understand to be a consideration on a safari - you want something earth tones in the tan/ brown/ green family -on point.

the pink dress was very pretty - not my fav of the trip, but pretty - I think she looked very comfortable and appropriate. and i liked her hair in the chignon - seemed to be a simpler do- very practical and pretty.

I wonder what the residual effect on kate's off duty wardrobe will be with these dresses.

Now I've had a further look at the pink dress with black detail, I'm still not in love. It's pretty, IMO, no more. I do like Kate's earrings very much, and her hair in a chignon. It looks nice and cool. Looking forward to Bhutan!

I thought Kate looked great on the safari drive - totally appropriate and a casual modern looking Duchess.

Not a huge fan of the Topshop pink dress but it is obviously light and practical for the heat. It looked fine during the village engagement but when feeding the baby elephants and rhions I thought a dress and wedges looked bit silly. Would have preferred her look for the safari for that part of the day to be worn again.

Again, I like both outfits - I thought the safari outfit was fine and perfectly appropriate. The pink dress was pretty and comfortable looking. I liked her hair up - I wonder if one reason for having it up was the heat.

I think jeggings were appropriate here. Its refreshing seeing her in pants. Like when she wore track pants when taking part in the tennis event, sometimes events call for a much more casual look. I think a fancier pair of trousers would look out of place completely on a safari, even for a royal.

The pink dress is lovely on her. Her hair looks great as well. I am admittedly getting a tad tired of the 'Indian inspired prints'. I'd rather her go for an Indian designer route. But over all still a lovely look on her and another hit:flowers:

Not a huge fan of the Topshop pink dress but it is obviously light and practical for the heat. It looked fine during the village engagement but when feeding the baby elephants and rhions I thought a dress and wedges looked bit silly. Would have preferred her look for the safari for that part of the day to be worn again.

I have to agree. When they were still with the animals, feeding the baby ones, IMO would have made more sense for her to still be in her safari look. The dress seemed out of place.

Last edited:
I think jeggings were appropriate here. Its refreshing seeing her in pants. Like when she wore track pants when taking part in the tennis event, sometimes events call for a much more casual look. I think a fancier pair of trousers would look out of place completely on a safari, even for a royal.

The pink dress is lovely on her. Her hair looks great as well. I am admittedly getting a tad tired of the 'Indian inspired prints'. I'd rather her go for an Indian designer route. But over all still a lovely look on her and another hit:flowers:

I have to agree. When they were still with the animals, feeding the baby ones, IMO would have made more sense for her to still be in her safari look. The dress seemed out of place.

The went to the village first after the safari. Then to the rehab center and elephant charity center. So she changed into a less casual outfit to meet the villagers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Don't get me wrong, I am not averse to trousers but I was hoping to see her put a spin on a modern safari look on things and maybe little boots like Williams.

I did like her hair up and strangely enough, the centre parting made her look years younger or maybe just gave her a lift. But her smile was lovely and her earrings were beautifully displayed.

I didn't care for the print on the pink dress, but then again, I'm a solid color kind of person (though I do love horizontal stripes). I loved the blouse Catherine wore on the safari drive. The jeggings would have been better without the strange stuff on the knees. Overall, the looks were OK and appropriate for the engagements.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the soft gold colour. I'm sure we've seen this one before, though.

Kate has arrived in Buthan and she is wearing something very tradional for Buthan, a long skirt made by a Buthan weaver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom