Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's another video of the press conference:

** Video Margrethe & Henrik , April 8, 2010 **

** BT.dk. article: Derfor gik Prins Henrik sin vej **

And here are some pics of the exhibition opening on Wednesday, April 7!

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attend the opening the Exhibition "Queen
Margrethe II - A life's work" at the Skovgaard museum in Viborg, April 7, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And here's one more picture gallery of the exhibition yesterday from msn.dk:

** Mary overrasker turisterne **

Last edited:
Who will attend the Banquet dinner on 13th April? Is there a guest list yet?

I just love Margrethe and Henrik as a couple!! I don't if it has already been posted here but look at this picture. Aren't they just adorable? http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/19678554.jpg

I'm already looking forward to the 16th... and all the accompanying celebrations... Margrethe is some kind of perfect Queen in my eyes.

Aww... Such a gorgeous shot of them! Thanks for sharing it with us, Anne-Fan! I agree with you as she's my favorite Queen and I think, though there perhaps have been some difficulties within the last years, Margrethe and Henrik are still very fond of each other and it's always lovely to look at them. :flowers: Am looking forward to all the celebrations, too!

I agree with you as she's my favorite Queen and I think, though there perhaps have been some difficulties within the last years, Margrethe and Henrik are still very fond of each other and it's always lovely to look at them.

That's true, to me they're some kind of proof that love can survive difficult ups and downs

Does anybody know wether the celebrations will be shown on television? Well except the danishTV of course. I'd like to see it.... but the DRF is probably too unimportant to the Germans...:ermm:

First pics from today:

Queen Margrethe, Prince Consort Henrik, Crown Princess Mary and
Crown Prince Frederik open the exhibition "The Queen of Denmark" at
the Frederiksborg Castle on Friday April 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

I'm looking forward to seeing the big celebrations. The photos and events so far have been very nice.

Where are Marie and Joachim?

The Spanish and Norwegian Royals are partaking in the Queen's actual birthday and the private dinner at Fredensborg Slot held that same evening. The Gala at Christiansborg Slot is on the 13th, so they will not be attending that, or the theatre I'd think it safe to assume.

What day/s are the Swedish and Ducth Royals attending?

The Swedish King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prince CP are scheduled for April 15, 16 and 17.

Josette

The link shows nothing...really want to watch this .

You must enter the numbers and words that are in the right side up, and then click in "Descargar archivo", wait few seconds and then click in "descarga normal"

Thanks, ahtikavalentine.
I find that I can't use IE to view the page. Now I change to firefox and it works!!
The file is downloading, can't wait to watch it!

You are welcome :flowers::flowers:

The thing is that I dont understand anything about danish...:lol::lol: So I can not understand what she's saying :sad:

That's great! Now, is Felipe and Letizia be attending as well? It would be lovely if all the monarchs and their heirs will attend. Can't wait for the pictures of the gala event.

Felipe and his father do not usually leave the country at the same time. I expect that if King JC is attending Felipe and Letizia will not.

Countess Josephine of Rosenborg has shown Billed Bladet the dress she will be wearing during one of the evening celebrations. So the guest list is slowly coming together.
Google Translate

Roger said on the Scandinavian Royals MB that he spoke with Princess Benedikte and she confirmed to him that Daniel Westling will attend and also Prince Pavlos, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Alexia.

This should be really fun for us "watchers", (sounds a little strange, in a stalker sort of way) but... I can't wait!!

Let's hope princess Madeleine goes with Jonas...If not, the rumors could be stonger

when is the big gala?

There wil be three. On today evening at Christiansborg for the official Denmark, on Thursday a Gala perfomance at the Royal theater and on friday a big Gala at Fredensborg.

Back
Top Bottom