Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: It's a little messy, true. But he ended his previous relationship BEFORE taking up with the princess and not after...so I don't see the problem. He wasn't married.

Would he have been a better man if he had strung his ex on for another month or two...THEN dumped her?:ermm:

yeah he seemed to have ended his relationship months before he started their alleged relationship and we dont exatly whyEdo and Dara spilt it could have been something mutual after haveing the baby together they must have realized they were better of co parenting its probably good that they realized that sonner than later on. with that said i doubt his ex's mother is talking to the tabloids?

He semes like active father in his kid'd life and that's all that matters

Man if this all true the press will be brutual on him thats for sure

Last edited:
Another distinct possibility is that Beatrice has known Edo for a very long time and they're hanging out together as friends after his breakup of a relationship. We have no real clue that this is even a romantic relationship. Guys and gals can and do have platonic relationships. ;)

I'm going to wait and just watch and see what develops. :D

:previous: It's a little messy, true. But he ended his previous relationship BEFORE taking up with the princess and not after...so I don't see the problem. He wasn't married.

Would he have been a better man if he had strung his ex on for another month or two...THEN dumped her?:ermm:

I will be the one to say it.
It seems he dumped his gf once he realized he could trade up.

Beatrice offers what she previously offered Dave.
Connections! Access to top tier society.

I hope Edo cares about her for herself...BUT time will tell.

I will be the one to say it.
It seems he dumped his gf once he realized he could trade up.

Beatrice offers what she previously offered Dave.
Connections! Access to top tier society.

I hope Edo cares about her for herself...BUT time will tell.

As far as I understand, Edo is already a millionaire property developer. I don't think he needs to date Princess Beatrice" to access the top tier society".

Beatrice, on the other hand, despite being a princess of the United Kingdom and (currently) 8th in line to the throne, has a vested interest in marrying someone who is rich and hails from the nobility (even if it is the continental nobility in this case). Compared to Dave, Edo is a "trade up" for her.

Whatever it is I'm glad Beatrice has moved on. We all seemed to have assumed that Edo is using Beatrice for something, or perhaps being horrid to his ex by being with Beatrice. Is it too out there to imagine that Beatrice may just be having some fun after her very long relationship with Dave? She doesn't have to marry the man. :whistling:

Whatever it is I'm glad Beatrice has moved on. We all seemed to have assumed that Edo is using Beatrice for something, or perhaps being horrid to his ex by being with Beatrice. Is it too out there to imagine that Beatrice may just be having some fun after her very long relationship with Dave? She doesn't have to marry the man. :whistling:

She is 30, which is not too old to be single by current standards, but is already an age when pressure to tie the knot starts to build up. The fact that her younger sister is already married doesn't help either to relieve the pressure on her.

Honestly, I don't know how serious this relationship is and how committed to the relationship Beatrice is, but, at least superficially, Edo seems to tick all the boxes for a suitable groom (minus being a divorcee with a child), and that is a big plus for him.

Beatrice, on the other hand, despite being a princess of the United Kingdom and (currently) 8th in line to the throne, has a vested interest in marrying someone who is rich and hails from the nobility (even if it is the continental nobility in this case). Compared to Dave, Edo is a "trade up" for her.

And you know how she has specific interest in marrying nobility how?

Another distinct possibility is that Beatrice has known Edo for a very long time and they're hanging out together as friends after his breakup of a relationship. We have no real clue that this is even a romantic relationship. Guys and gals can and do have platonic relationships.

I'm going to wait and just watch and see what develops.

Yeah it also could have been one of those moments after being friends for awhile and both single that they clicked romanticallly or at least having some fun. He sure likes articles relating to her a suporrtive friend or BF. I think we will know for sure come spring/summer, either that or he's just trolling us

Last edited:
Well the Fail did it. It's claiming overlap on the ex gf's watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Beatrices-new-lover-engaged-mother-child.html

Outside of a royal family feud, nothing gets clicks for a tabloid than an alleged cheating scandal.
Let the messyness by the press begin, even if they were living together when the couple of the hour began some exes do live tigether for awhile to get their feet back in the ground without the romance. However that girl is also well off so so i dont think she was couch surfing either or lingering but who knows maybe there's a side to bea we dont know.

At first the couple got together mnths after split now apparently bea is a man stealer. Next they will probably write about how bea and the ex are eternal enemies since they are labeling her as a man stealer/ homewrecker

Last edited:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Beatrices-new-lover-engaged-mother-child.html

Outside of a royal family feud, nothing gets clicks for a tabloid than an alleged cheating scandal.
Couple of problems with the fail article:
First, it claims its’ source as a friend of Edo’s yet the so called source is clearly advocating for the ex gf - so I suspect it’s the ex gf’s friend getting her spin out there - perhaps for custody/child support reasons.
Second, the gf’s mom says they split 6 months ago - but have continued to co-parent v. the unnamed friend who says they split after Edo and Bea started dating.
Third, the article says their relationship started at Eugenie’s wedding contrary to earlier reports that it started the month before the wedding.
Fourth, the article says they were engaged for 3 1/2 years and it also states Edo and the ex gf started dating in early 2015 - so did they get engaged just a couple of months into their relationship?
What’s clear to me is to have met in 2015, and to have a 2 year old together means that the ex gf became pregnant within the first year of dating Edo - I wonder if they were even exclusive when she got pregnant.
I wonder if he ever actually proposed, does/did the ex gf have a ring - if yes why didn’t they marry? I’m not really seeing signs they were planning a future together - he’s been living in his 1 br. place and they didn’t buy a bigger place together, for example.
I expect ‘sources’ to come crawling out of the woodwork spinning this story every which way. Buckle up.

Still saying pics or this didn’t happen . And nice of them to publish the article while Beatrice is in Australia. Funny that

Wow we don't even know if they're actually together and Bea is already being called a homewrecker, that didn't take long. I think it's quite likely that they're together but hopefully he didn't ditch his girlfriend for her. If they really have been friends for years then I guess it's not likely.

Unfortunately for them the media now have another "controversial" royal relationship to go after.

I don't think there's any indication that she wants/needs to date within the aristocracy considering her last boyfriend certainly wasn't.

If she's like the rest of her cousins it's certainly not going to be any sort of requirement that her boyfriend or husband be from a titled background.

LaRae

She would lose 'of York' when married. Foreign titles/styles aren't recognized in the UK so she would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi

How would she be titled in her husband's country, if their relationship goes that far. Would they give her a "Countess" title?

Couple of problems with the fail article:
First, it claims its’ source as a friend of Edo’s yet the so called source is clearly advocating for the ex gf - so I suspect it’s the ex gf’s friend getting her spin out there - perhaps for custody/child support reasons.
Second, the gf’s mom says they split 6 months ago - but have continued to co-parent v. the unnamed friend who says they split after Edo and Bea started dating.
Third, the article says their relationship started at Eugenie’s wedding contrary to earlier reports that it started the month before the wedding.
Fourth, the article says they were engaged for 3 1/2 years and it also states Edo and the ex gf started dating in early 2015 - so did they get engaged just a couple of months into their relationship?
What’s clear to me is to have met in 2015, and to have a 2 year old together means that the ex gf became pregnant within the first year of dating Edo - I wonder if they were even exclusive when she got pregnant.
I wonder if he ever actually proposed, does/did the ex gf have a ring - if yes why didn’t they marry? I’m not really seeing signs they were planning a future together - he’s been living in his 1 br. place and they didn’t buy a bigger place together, for example.
I expect ‘sources’ to come crawling out of the woodwork spinning this story every which way. Buckle up.

I think it reflects badly on us as a group that just because Beatrice is royal people start judging and shaming this other girl. Let's be honest this is all just a media game and all those involved are probably pretty innocent and wih it would go away.

Reminds me a lot about the articles they wrote about Diana, Dodi and that fiancee of his... Who knows? This kind of media thinks nothing about lying and destroying a reputation.

Lots of comments that insult Beatrice on Dara’s Instagram and she liked some of the comment.......

Can you imagine what the media would do to Beatrice if she found herself in the same position as the ex gf - unmarried with a child? Tabloid and mainstream press would have a go because of the impact on the succession. The baby would have to be born in wedlock to be a successor to the throne. There would be no societal pressure for this guy to marry her; it won't ruin him but it may ruin her because of double standards.

All during Eugenie’s engagement, I have felt rather sorry for Bea. And if even the basics of this story are true- romance with guy who didn’t marry the mother of his child- I really feel badly for her. And the ex-girlfriend certainly seems like a substantial person.

Can you imagine what the media would do to Beatrice if she found herself in the same position as the ex gf - unmarried with a child? Tabloid and mainstream press would have a go because of the impact on the succession. The baby would have to be born in wedlock to be a successor to the throne. There would be no societal pressure for this guy to marry her; it won't ruin him but it may ruin her because of double standards.

Basically, that's a situation not even worth considering at all at this time. Let's just stick to the facts of what we do know and go from there. At this time, we're not even sure if they're a romantically involved couple or not. ?

Last edited:
Last edited:
We don't know how this ended though do we, and many breakups leave some bitterness, so I wouldn't judge this woman on how many Istagram comments she likes.
If Dara was going for maximum publicity surely she would strike while the iron is hot. After all, we've seen with a certain other publicity hungry family how that rolls.

It's to be hoped that Beatrice isn't getting herself into a very messy situation here, such as being told one thing when the reality is another. I don't think the DM has any right to go poking around in this, perhaps inflaming things, but members of the Royal family just have to be aware of the tabloid press doing exactly that. I was very happy for Beatrice when this story first broke but now...I just hope that she moves cautiously with this relationship.

We don't know the timelines at play here as there have been conflicting stories. But it seems obvious to me that the ex-gf is hurt, whether it's because there was some relationship overlapping or because post-relationship he moved on very quickly - especially if we believe reports that he and Beatrice have quickly become serious.

Ironically the situation reminds me a lot of what happened with Beatrice, Dave and Lynn. With Dara in the role of 2016 Beatrice. Back then we heard how Dave had only been dating Lynn for a few months but he was already serious with her, met her parents and was likely proposing to her in the near future. I'm sure Beatrice has sympathy for Dara because she too was portrayed by the media as the pitiful, cast-aside longterm partner.

Of course the situation is a little different, Bea and Dave were together much longer than Edo and Dara, but the latter do have a child together. And it's a little more complicated that Bea and Edo have known each other for so long, Dara might be wondering how long he's been harboring feelings for his pal Beatrice. I'm sure she's reanalyzing every mention of the Yorks that he made to her. But just like Beatrice has moved on from Dave, Dara will move on from Edo too. Whether Beatrice and Edo end up like Dave and Lynn or if they split next week, either way I think Dara is better off now.

Last edited:

Really? Sounds like Dara is playing the woman scorned to the hilt. I wonder if she is feeding the press the story and she is going to negotiate a TV interview.

And this looks like an attempt at damage control

https://www.thedailybeast.com/princ...ing-with-his-fiancee-when-they-started-dating

If true someone realizes Bea's reputation is taking a hit.

I find it ironic that ex is finally rubbing elbows with royalty and it seems like she might like it. On Harry's wedding day she posted a pic dressed all nice and what not she was excited for the wedding etc. She seems to really like Meghan and was part of a Meghan/Harry fan page.

A thought did occur to me if they are indeed dating that he could have told her something else when in reality things were diffeernt or she herself could have done so knowing everything or him and ex could have just been hooking up without the romance, who knows the reality in that relationship? Well if Bea didnt know the truth of how things were she probably does now.

Last edited:
Really? Sounds like Dara is playing the woman scorned to the hilt. I wonder if she is feeding the press the story and she is going to negotiate a TV interview.

And this looks like an attempt at damage control

https://www.thedailybeast.com/princ...ing-with-his-fiancee-when-they-started-dating

If true someone realizes Bea's reputation is taking a hit.

Oh good heavens.

Engaged for three and a half years? It hardly seems like Edo or Daria were in a rush to get married. Further, there was no announcement of the engagement in the papers, which would have been a possibility given the backgrounds of both Edo and Daria.

This all seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

I think the tabloid beast needs to lay off pdq. But what else is new?

At this point, I don't even know what's being talked about because I refuse to click on these type of DF stories, nor do I bother reading the other rags spewing gossip just because of who Beatrice is. I really wonder whether if she didn't have 'Princess' in front of her name, that perhaps the worst excesses of the tabloid media wouldn't be visited upon her as heavily.

What's happening now to Beatrice and Edo is the perfect reason why Harry protected his relationship with Meghan in order to keep it as private as possible for as long as he could manage. Although, it was only about four months of complete privacy before the digging, gossip, and harassing from the media began.

I think it reflects badly on us as a group that just because Beatrice is royal people start judging and shaming this other girl. Let's be honest this is all just a media game and all those involved are probably pretty innocent and wih it would go away.
The facts are the facts, commenting on the the inconsistencies/contradictions in the reported ‘facts’ is hardly shaming anyone - Beatrice, Daria or Edo, because we simply don’t know the truth at this point.
The first reports were that Edo was divorced - that turned out to be untrue.
The reports now are that they were engaged for 3 1/2 years - perhaps they were and perhaps they were not. Edo’s sister’s engagement was announced in the papers, so it’s odd that his was not. If she has an engagement ring which he gave her, then yes they were engaged. At this point we just don’t know, and we may never know, Daria may have her view of events and Edo may have a different view.
I don’t see having a child while unmarried as ‘shameful’ these days, but it is unfortunate for the child when the relationship doesn’t last. However, with the divorce rate what it is, marriage isn’t a guaranty that a child will have both parents in the home either.

The facts are the facts, commenting on the the inconsistencies/contradictions in the reported ‘facts’ is hardly shaming anyone - Beatrice, Daria or Edo, because we simply don’t know the truth at this point.
The first reports were that Edo was divorced - that turned out to be untrue.
The reports now are that they were engaged for 3 1/2 years - perhaps they were and perhaps they were not. Edo’s sister’s engagement was announced in the papers, so it’s odd that his was not. If she has an engagement ring which he gave her, then yes they were engaged. At this point we just don’t know, and we may never know, Daria may have her view of events and Edo may have a different view.
I don’t see having a child while unmarried as ‘shameful’ these days, but it is unfortunate for the child when the relationship doesn’t last. However, with the divorce rate what it is, marriage isn’t a guaranty that a child will have both parents in the home either.

Ive actually never seen Dara wear an engagement ring when i was going through pics to get tea , but could be she doesnt wear one. or could be they just said they wanted to get engaged, but he never puposed, too many variables

A friend of mine for instance said she was engaged and I was like great show me the ring and she told me she didn't have oneo and they we re just talking about it, nothing was official yet, left it at that months later nothing is yet to be official.

Bea may be innoncent maybe not, if not i really don't agree with how things were done, but you reap whatya sew. with all that said we dont know what really happened I agree. Exactly, Dara, Edo and Bea will have different points of view on what really happened. I'm for one, am relieved that Dara and Edo didnt take decades to linger in a relationship where they didnt want to be in, at least the child wont be in a confusing/ heartbreaking situation in the long run, doesnt make them bad parents, both mother and father seem like active parents thats all that matters.

with all that said If I was Bea id give Dara some ascot tickets to soften the blow/break the ice since Dara seems to really like the royal family. or perhaps do some charity work together since both woman like to do such..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom