Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdas1201 said:
By the way, Alex is looking lovely as usual. Pink, really suits her.
I agree she looks really great in this outfit. Has she worn it before?

I think that the outfit is new.
I have never seen her in the past wear the attire she wore last 16th of December.
She really looks lovely on it!

Hopefully they release heaps of pics :)

Kalendar:
18/12 04 H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer som protektor DR Radiopigekorets julekoncert i Radiohusets Koncertsal, kl. 15.00.

pdas1201 said:
December 16, 2004 - Copenhagen, Amalienborg: Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra presented bequests from HRH Prince Joachim and HRH Princess Alexandra's International Education Fund

By the way, Alex is looking lovely as usual. Pink, really suits her.
Wow they seem to getting on well...do you think they maintain a good friendship even though their marriage broke down?

And pink really does look lovely on her! ^__^

hillary_nugent said:
Wow they seem to getting on well...do you think they maintain a good friendship even though their marriage broke down?

And pink really does look lovely on her! ^__^
I am sure they are on good terms even though their marriage has disintegrated. One just has to look at the pics, they seem like the best of friends. That was one of the reasons I found the news of their divorce to be false when it first came out.

December 18, 2004: Princess Alexandra at a concert (looking gorgeous..)

Here is the original caption, please translate

Prinsesse Alexandra overværede lørdag DRs Radiopigekors julekoncert i Radiohuset i København. Prinsessen er protektor for koret.

Attachments

• ch129260_guest.jpg
    ch129260_guest.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 217
  • ch129261_guest.jpg
    ch129261_guest.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 375
  • ch129262_guest.jpg
    ch129262_guest.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 207
  • ch129279_guest.jpg
    ch129279_guest.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 255
  • ch129280_guest.jpg
    ch129280_guest.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 307
  • ch129281_guest.jpg
    ch129281_guest.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 339
  • ch129282_guest.jpg
    ch129282_guest.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 238
  • ch129283_guest.jpg
    ch129283_guest.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 211
  • ch129259_guest.jpg
    ch129259_guest.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Alexandra oversaw/attended Saturday's DRS Radio Children's Choir annual Christmas concert in the Radio Concerthall in Copenhagen. She is the "protector"/Patron(ess) of the choir.

Last edited:
paulette said:
She is just really beautiful on that attire
.I agree with you
paulette said:
I just hope that this coming Christmas, the whole Danish Royal Family would pose for a christmas family picture with Princess Alexandra and the 2 boys. That would really be lovely.
I hope so, it will be the last christmas event for Alexandra as Her Royal Highness:( (except if they'll change their mind)

Thanks for the translation, moosey60:)

More pics from Imagine Scandinavia from the same event.

Attachments

• 142601.jpg
    142601.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 142606.jpg
    142606.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 142605.jpg
    142605.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 142604.jpg
    142604.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 177
  • 142603.jpg
    142603.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 142602.jpg
    142602.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 198
wow...looking at that picture you would think they were still married! ^__^

hillary_nugent said:
wow...looking at that picture you would think they were still married! ^__^
Lol, that's probably because they are still married (they're separated, but still married).

Re Danes of the Year, yes, Alexandra in 6th place, QM in 9th place, CPss Mary in 3rd place and Frederik FIRST (again... GO Frederik!)!!

Last edited:
Jasl said:
Lol, that's probably because they are still married (they're separated, but still married).

Re Danes of the Year, yes, Alexandra in 6th place, QM in 9th place, CPss Mary in 3rd place and Frederik FIRST (again... GO Frederik!)!!
Oh i thought the divorce proceedings were finished...wow they're still married...there's still hope there :D

I believe that Joachim and Alexandra have to be officially separated for a minimum of six months before they can start divorce proceedings.

I, too hope that they would reconcile...If only Joachim can get his act together and realize what a great wife he has...

Jasl said:

It indicates nothing ever happens in demark except RF activities
icon6.gif
if whole family is in the running. BTW, what places are felix and nikolai in?

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I believe that Joachim and Alexandra have to be officially separated for a minimum of six months before they can start divorce proceedings.

I, too hope that they would reconcile...If only Joachim can get his act together and realize what a great wife he has...
None of us know exactly what happened, so it's flaky to hope anything. But if it's being announced, it must have passed all endurance test, so hope is small.

lori said:
It indicates nothing ever happens in demark except RF activities
icon6.gif
if whole family is in the running. BTW, what places are felix and nikolai in?
Lol, I'm sure Prince Henrik and Joachim wishes the whole royal family was in the running!

I don't think Felix & Nikolai (and the aforementioned Henrik and Joachim) are on the list, but they could be, I'm not sure.

Only Frederik, Mary, Margrethe and Alexandra are oin the list and Alexandra came in as number 6.

Crownprince Frederik has once again been voted "dane of the year". He has been every year since 1997 with 2001 as the only exception.
Every year a danish opinion poll firm ask the danes which dane has said or done something special for Denmark this year and Frederik came in first.

Crownprincess Mary came in third place.

Princess Alexandre came in as number 6 and Margrethe came in as number 12.

MarieLouise said:
Only Frederik, Mary, Margrethe and Alexandra are oin the list and Alexandra came in as number 6.

Crownprince Frederik has once again been voted "dane of the year". He has been every year since 1997 with 2001 as the only exception.
Every year a danish opinion poll firm ask the danes which dane has said or done something special for Denmark this year and Frederik came in first.

Crownprincess Mary came in third place.

Princess Alexandre came in as number 6 and Margrethe came in as number 12.
So what was the "something special" Frederik did for Denmark this year?

He finally got himself a wife and a future queen for Denmark... har har har!

Its a popularity poll, and doesn't necessarily reflect who was the most hard-working, just who was the most popular. And Frederik won, which means he's quite popular amongst the Danes.

But questions about Frederik should go in the Frederik thread ... people there might be able to help....

Last edited:
Jasl said:
Its a popularity poll, and doesn't necessarily reflect who was the most hard-working, just who was the most popular.
Obviously it wasn't about which Dane was the most hard working.
Because if it were Mary couldn't have possibly beat out Alexandra for hard working royal.

ALEXANDRA: HOUSEWARMING MED JOACHIM​

Der var smil, grin og ualmindelig god stemning mellem Alexandra og Joachim, da de sammen var til rejsegilde i prinsessens nye hus....
from SE og HØR

thought someone would give a summary....:)

I guess she's moved in to her new house and Joachim had something to do with a housewarming? *sigh* This is one of those times I wish I knew Danish...I've been looking for a learning implement to no avail.

Vicomtesse said:
Obviously it wasn't about which Dane was the most hard working.
Because if it were Mary couldn't have possibly beat out Alexandra for hard working royal.
Yeah, its so unfair isn't it?.... *wink*

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
I like Alexandra hair colour...she looks more beautiful with it. How cute Felix is:) .
O yes, I agree. He's my facourite little cutie.... he's always so chilled out, so mellow. Felix and Ingrid Alexandra... my, how excellent that would be.

bigheadshirmp said:
ALEXANDRA: HOUSEWARMING MED JOACHIM

Der var smil, grin og ualmindelig god stemning mellem Alexandra og Joachim, da de sammen var til rejsegilde i prinsessens nye husfrom SE og HØR

thought someone would give a summary....:)

love this pic of Princess Alexandra and Prince Felix...
The article says that prince Joachim and princess Alexandra had a lot of fun together at Alexandras resent housewarming.

There are still handymen working on the house, and the princess will propably be able to move in around april 2005.

Of course Se and Hoer isn't the most reliable source, but it did make me happy to hear that the couple have fun ind each others company.

I was observing the picture and I was really happy to see Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra together! =)

I hope they do reconcile and mend their marriage. They are such a great couple and they are good for each other. I just love their picture with Nikolai and also the one when they are going out of the church! =)

paulette said:
I was observing the picture and I was really happy to see Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra together! =)

I hope they do reconcile and mend their marriage. They are such a great couple and they are good for each other. I just love their picture with Nikolai and also the one when they are going out of the church! =)
Yeah I agree with you, if they could forgive each other then willing to have a new happy life, I think it will be great......I hope they could have it, but if they can not, it still a good thing if they keep remain as a friend :).

Princess Alexandra attending the service for Tsunami victims.
Source: www.polfoto.dk

1. With Joachim prior to entering the church.

2. Entering alone.

3. Joachim entering alone.

4. Being greeted by Frederik.

Attachments

• Alex_Joachim_Tsunami.jpg
    Alex_Joachim_Tsunami.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Alex_Tsunami.jpg
    Alex_Tsunami.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Joachim_Tsunami.jpg
    Joachim_Tsunami.jpg