Prince Charles of Bourbon-Two Siciles & Camilla Crociani 1998

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
The wedding took place on October 31st 1998, at the Monaco Cathedral and the reception was held at the Empire room of the Hotel de Paris.

Prince Albert of Monaco and Prince Laurent of Belgium, along with Anne and Beatrice de Bourbon-Siciles, were the testimonies.

Photos from Corbis:

From Corbis and Polfoto:

Still by Corbis:

From the reception, at the Hotel de Paris. By Corbis:

The wedding gifts. By Corbis:

She was either drunk or really really in love on her wedding day.

Why do you say that?

She does have an interesting look about her. I am not sure what it is!

Does anyone know anything about her?

I guess she's an exuberant blond girl, but I can't believe she might be drunk... :D
tenngirl said:
Does anyone know anything about her?
Camilla Crociani is the eldest daughter of the Italian businessman Camillo Crociani, late president of the Finmecanica Company and founder of Vitrocet (who died in 1980, so that's why she entered the church by the arm of her in-law). She was born in 1971, in Rome.

Camilla, who received a priviliged education at New York University is fluent in 5 languages: Italian, French, English, Spanish and Japanese!

1. Is Charles related to Cristina de Borbon-Dos Silicias?
2. Who's the bald guy in jeans next to the bride?
3. Is Charles related to the Borbon-Parma family as well?
4. And what are his titles and how's he related to Luis Alfonso de borbon?

Thanks in advance;) :D

homework

crisiñaki said:
1. Is Charles related to Cristina de Borbon-Dos Silicias?
2. Who's the bald guy in jeans next to the bride?
3. Is Charles related to the Borbon-Parma family as well?
4. And what are his titles and how's he related to Luis Alfonso de borbon?Thanks in advance;) :D
1. Cristina is the daughter of Carlos, Duke of Calabria, Infant of Spain, Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies.
Prince Charles (also Duke of Calabria) is the son of Ferdinando, Duke of Castro, self-proclaimed Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies.
Their common ancestor is Alfonso (1841-1934), Count of Caserta and Head of the Royal House. Cristina is a great-great-granddaughter, Charles is a great-grandson.

2. Don't know who he is, but he is certainly under-dressed for such an occasion.

3. All Bourbons are related through their common descent from the Kings of France and Spain. Cristina has a closer connection to the Bourbon-Parma family as her grandmother, Princess Alice, is a daughter of Elias I, Duke of Parma. Charles doesn't appear to have any close Bourbon-Parma relatives; you have to go back to Queen Maria Luisa of Spain (1751-1819), wife of King Carlos IV, who was a daughter of the Duke of Parma, for a direct link.

4a. HRH the Duke of Calabria, otherwise HRH Charles, Prince Royal of the Two Sicilies.

4b. Both Luis Alfonso and Charles are descended from Carlos III, King of Spain and the Indies (1716-1788) and from Francesco I, King of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies (1777-1830).
Francesco's daughter Maria Cristina was Queen Regent of Spain 1833-1840 and the mother of Queen Isabel II.
There are possibly other common lines of descent from the Habsburgs, but it gets too complicated to work out. :)

Another Charles weds a Camilla;)

I don't know I somehow I don't like her gown. It kinda reminds me of Marie-Chantal's, a gown which I didn't like either.

Last edited:
HRHAmy said:
Was that the same church Ranier and Grace were married in?

Yes, it was the same church Rainer and Grace were married in 1956.

More photos, from Olycom:

Some of the guests, by Olympia:

1. Cristiana Crociani with Prince Laurent of Belgium;
2-3. Cristiana Crociani with her mother, Edoarda;
4. Natasha Andress with Prince Emanuele Filibert, Princess Marina and Prince Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia;
5. Prince Albert and Prince Rainier of Monaco;
6. Prince Laurent of Belgium and Melba Ruffo of Calabria;
7. Prince Serge of Yugoslavia.

The bald guy in jeans is Fabien Barthez, goalkeeper for the French National Team. He might have happened to have been in the same location as the reception was held, because I can't think of any connection between this couple and the ex of Linda Evangelista.

Back
Top Bottom