Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:

Here are the first pics of the visit to Ireland:

Prince Albert and Charlene Whittstock are greeted by Irish President Mary
McAleese and her husband Martin at Aras an Uachtarain on April 4, 2011:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga ** gettyimages gallery **

And here are some pics without watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

Last edited:
I really dont like how she is dressed. Usually she is really elegant (even if I found her way of dressing without personality) but today it's old and frumpy for an old teacher or something like that. No colour excepted for the Irish President, wouaw what a colour. Love it.

Can't agree with you totally, Rosapru - she looked reasonable, but she could have looked on her "Table of Flags" and got the Irish colours into her scheme!

Something looks "off" with CW in these photos. She is usually so elegant but not in these pictures.

And the outfit she is wearing is NOT flattering her at all.:ermm:

Something looks "off" with CW in these photos. She is usually so elegant but not in these pictures.

And the outfit she is wearing is NOT flattering her at all.:ermm:

I agree, the efforts today did not give Carla Bruni much to worry about when it comes to the fashion stakes!

Don't like the outfit. She can't pull off that jacket...

:previous: I agree.
Her look didn't come together IMO.,

All of you are right - I feel rather disappointed at CW's lack of finesse and savoir-faire. There are two more days to get through ....

Riviera Radio (based in Monaco) will be broadcasting LIVE from Dublin tomorrow.

The boys from Riviera Radio have something like preferred status when it comes to PA and his events.

News | Riviera Radio

Last edited:
I agree, the efforts today did not give Carla Bruni much to worry about when it comes to the fashion stakes!

The pants looked at least 3 sizes too large...they were baggy like pajama bottoms!

She has looked so consistently elegant lately that it is what I have come to expect from her always!:sad:

muriel said:

The State Dinner dress did IMO

What an awful dress! What was she thinking? She should be advised on what parts of her body should not be enhanced.

Charlene looked so insecure & almost robotic at most pics from Ireland. She has no warmth. Albert, to contrary, gets well along with crowd and he is also on ease talking to heads of states and regular people. He also is a warm person.
Charlene's outfits were nice & stylish, but she was not stylish at all. It seemed that clothing were wearing her. Her smile was so fake, that it was just painful to watch.:ohmy:

Charlene looked great at the state dinner. Wonderful look, a bit daring, yet elegant dress, lovely accessories. I really like it!

Charlene looked so insecure & almost robotic at most pics from Ireland. She has no warmth. Albert, to contrary, gets well along with crowd and he is also on ease talking to heads of states and regular people. He also is a warm person.
Charlene's outfits were nice & stylish, but she was not stylish at all. It seemed that clothing were wearing her. Her smile was so fake, that it was just painful to watch.:ohmy:

Sometimes I think she has some dificulties to move her facial muscles. But I may be worng of course.

Lakshmi I agree totally with your comments and those of Rosana and others. She is warmless like a dead fish and was not like this a few years ago. I happend to really like her but she is now just a cover girl for me.

That gown is wonderful, and so is her body. The earrings: perfect. I can't understand where the deep, ingrained dislike for Charlene comes from.

I also like that she doesn't need six hairdressers. I like her hair when it is simply raked back and up.

Last edited:
Charlene looked great at the state dinner. Wonderful look, a bit daring, yet elegant dress, lovely accessories. I really like it!

I agree. She does her best look in evening wear, and this time was no exception.

I think she looked smashing. :flowers:

She probably has six hairdressers when in Monaco and some stylists as well and a catalogue of Armani's and others and some spectacular jewels. She has probably more people to look after her appearance (stylist, hairdresser, jeweller, etc...) than Kate Middleton !!! for my part it's not some dislike but I dont think it's will be too difficult to smile a bit and be more interactive and display some warm attitude. She really seems unease (more than when in Japan I find) and Albert is a little responsible because he doesnt seem to take care of her when in public. I regret her choices to have done so many shooting for glamorous publications. She has an image to build before doing these things. I really liked her and was very happy when they got engaged. But I discovere a person I cant warm. I saw footage of her dated a few years ago when she was at the olympic games (dont know where I dont remember). She was funny and jovial and full of life. And now the image she gave is not a good one for me (sorry I'm very limited in english vocabulary). I saw photos from today, ... same remarks. Go to Getty images and you will see. When you are in public you have to participate with people who surrounds you. It goes both way. The evening is beautiful of course. and the jewels just right and perfect it's perfectly true.

She is probably more reserved and ill at ease in public because she is terrified of making a mistake. I know I would be!

The wedding is getting closer, and perhaps it is beginning to dawn on her what the REALITY of her life is going to be from now on...protocol, tradition, State visits, a regimented calendar, diplomacy, religious observance.

It's more than just wearing the right clothes, and it's a far, far cry from the life of being just the Prince's girlfriend, a retired Olympic athlete.

I am sure she knows by now that the reception of her engagement interview in Nice Matin last summer wasn't exactly a "hit". :sad:

I think she is very anxious not to embarrass her new family or her new country any further. I think after the wedding and a few years have passed, we will start to see her relax into her role.

I kind of feel for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom