Portuguese Monarchist Party

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ticklishchap

Commoner
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
From time to time I have read - and heard - about a political party in Portugal that supports the restoration of constitutional monarchy, called the Popular Monarchist Party (or People's Monarchist Party as it is sometimes translated). The information I have gleaned is sketchy and there isn't much online as far as I can see. I understand that it is a small party which used to be more prominent - but still has a measure of support.

Does anyone have information about or knowledge and/or experience of this party?

Yes there is such a party. But it is a small party and not close to the Royal Family.

The Portuguese Royal Family is closer to other movements such as the Causa Real, the Juventude Monárquica Portuguesa and the Royal Associations. It is the only existing monarchic party in Portugal.

Thank you very much for that Blog Real. I have looked at the Causa Real website the afternoon and been very interested by it; I wonder if they accept overseas members?(!)

Last edited:
I notice that the PPM formed an electoral alliance with Chega. This seems a bit worrying, although perhaps I’m reading too much into this. From what I can see I think that Causa Real is possibly more on my wavelength.

Luis Montenegro is the new prime minister of Portugal. He is part of the Democratic Alliance (AD), which is a center-right political coalition, formed by the Social Democratic Party (PPD/PSD), the CDS – Popular Party (CDS–PP), and the Popular Monarchist Party (PPM).

Back
Top Bottom