Philippe and Mathilde's Visit to Washington: April 18-21, 2005


If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannelore

Heir Presumptive
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
2,538
City
T.
Country
Belgium
I was watching a royalty program last Friday (C'est du Belge) where it was announced that Filip & Mathilde's next trip abroad will be to America (US?) in April. No further details yet.
 
Hannelore said:
Really? Who announced it, is it a reliable source? I heard here and there that no-one from Belgium was invited...

yes!

when Prince Charles attend Prince Phillipe and Mathilde's wedding in Dec.1999 but i think Prince Charles and Prince Phillipe been close as friend

Sara Boyce
 
Hannelore said:
I was watching a royalty program last Friday (C'est du Belge) where it was announced that Filip & Mathilde's next trip abroad will be to America (US?) in April. No further details yet.

According to the official webpage it says Philippe and Mathilde will be in Washington on April 18th, but I don't know how long they'll be gone for.
 
Hannelore said:
I was watching a royalty program last Friday (C'est du Belge) where it was announced that Filip & Mathilde's next trip abroad will be to America (US?) in April. No further details yet.
Great!We all looking foward to that.I wonder that have Philippe and Mathilde had any meeting with President G Bush before? I remember not yet.We soon will have lots of beautiful pics.
 
Filip & Mathilde in Washington, April 18th

Here's the information from the official site, as Mette pointed out:

Visit to Washington. The princes will take part in a conference that unites diplomatic, consulair and economic agents from Belgium in the US. They will attend a work meeting at the World Bank.
Prince Filip will also be present at a meeting of the board of direction of the king Boudewijn fund-USA, and at a remembrance ceremony for the 60th anniversary of the liberation.
Princess Mathilde will speak at a forum on micocredit at Georgetown University and will visit the Gallaudet University for deaf students.
 
Hannelore said:
Here's the information from the official site, as Mette pointed out:

Visit to Washington. The princes will take part in a conference that unites diplomatic, consulair and economic agents from Belgium in the US. They will attend a work meeting at the World Bank.
Prince Filip will also be present at a meeting of the board of direction of the king Boudewijn fund-USA, and at a remembrance ceremony for the 60th anniversary of the liberation.
Princess Mathilde will speak at a forum on micocredit at Georgetown University and will visit the Gallaudet University for deaf students.

thanks for info of gallaudet university im hope she will meet deaf students or not!

Sara Boyce
 
Their visit to Washington is from April 18th to 21st.
 
Thanks for all of the information. That is great that they are going to Gallaudet too. I hope they will enjoy their time in the US.
 
Today is the 18th so the visit should start today. Hopefully there will be many pictures from this visit.
 
April 18, 2005: Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde visit the World War II Memorial in Washington DC.
Set 1, Gettyimages

Mathilde happy and glowing in the pics, looking extra special with that tiny bump.

Let me add my congrats to would-be-parents. May they have a beautiful daughter or handsome son. :)
 

Attachments

  • 52646580.jpg
    52646580.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 313
  • 52646579.jpg
    52646579.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 52646615.jpg
    52646615.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 348
  • 52646614.jpg
    52646614.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 52646617.jpg
    52646617.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 52646618.jpg
    52646618.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 431
  • 52646619.jpg
    52646619.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 347
  • 52646620.jpg
    52646620.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 52646621.jpg
    52646621.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 52646622.jpg
    52646622.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Set 2, Gettyimages
 

Attachments

  • 52646626.jpg
    52646626.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 52646656.jpg
    52646656.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 52646654.jpg
    52646654.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 52646653.jpg
    52646653.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 52646651.jpg
    52646651.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 278
  • 52646624.jpg
    52646624.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 52646623.jpg
    52646623.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 248
Thanks for the pics pdas. You can definatley tell she is pregnant. BTW congrats to the parents!
 
both will meet President Bush and Lady Lauren?

Sara Boyce
 
Mathilde will visit Georgetown University today and speak at a conference on Microfinance:

In honor of the United Nations' International Year of Microcredit, Georgetown University hosts a half-day conference exploring the future, challenges and innovations in microfinance. A joint effort between students of the McDonough School of Business, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and Georgetown Public Policy Institute, the conference aims to connect students and policymakers in an educational forum about the field of microfinance. Events begin at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday April 19, 2005 in Georgetown's ICC Auditorium.

...The conference will conclude with remarks from Her Royal Highness, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Emissary to the International Year of Microcredit.

http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?ID=2083
 
Mathilde will visit Gallaudet University on April 21:



Belgium Princess Mathilde to visit campus
  • Princess Mathilde of Belgium will pay a short visit to campus this Thursday, April 21.
  • The princess is the wife of the Belgium crown prince and future king, who is in Washington to meet with President Bush and other leaders.
  • Princess Mathilde will meet students, have lunch with President and Mrs. Jordan in House One, observe a class and receive a brief tour of campus.
  • More about the royal visit will be in On the Green.
http://pr.gallaudet.edu/bb/
 
If you go to this link:
http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
and choose Dinsdag 19/04 13u then about 15 1/2 minutes into the news there's a small piece on Philippe and Mathilde's trip to the World War II Memorial. Mathilde is handed flowers from a bystander (or at least some guy) who's congratulating her on her pregnancy, and who also gives her two t-shirts: one for Elisabeth and one for Gabriel.
 
Thanks for the tip Mette, a very nice video.

Here are some more pics of Filip & Mathilde at the wreath laying ceremony in remembrance of the American soldiers who fought in the battle of the Bulge (in Belgium).

Afterwards there was a reception at the residence of the Belgian ambassador. A beautiful residence IMO!
 

Attachments

  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 357
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 225
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 301
Princess Mathilde spoke at the University of Georgetown on the UN initiative for Microcredit, which aims to to build support for making financial services more accessible to poor and low income people. Afterwards, she along with Prince Philippe walked the streets of the university.

Gettyimages
Set 1
 

Attachments

  • 52650652.jpg
    52650652.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 52650665.jpg
    52650665.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 52650673.jpg
    52650673.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 52650674.jpg
    52650674.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 256
  • 52650677.jpg
    52650677.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 52650760.jpg
    52650760.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 460
  • 52650785.jpg
    52650785.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 324
  • 52650788.jpg
    52650788.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 325
  • 52650787.jpg
    52650787.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 702
  • 52650786.jpg
    52650786.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 493
Gettyimages
Last Set
 

Attachments

  • 52650791.jpg
    52650791.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 52650812.jpg
    52650812.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 52650813.jpg
    52650813.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 292
  • 52650814.jpg
    52650814.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 52650815.jpg
    52650815.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 52650816.jpg
    52650816.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 52650817.jpg
    52650817.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 407
Great photos! Mathilde and Philippe look wonderful. Looking at those photos, you can tell that Mathilde is pregnant, and the ones of them holding hands are so sweet. :p
 
They are most fortunate to be in DC when there is some really marvelous weather here in the Mid-Atlantic region. Yes, Danielle, the photos of them are really sweet. Romantic even.
 
Mette2 said:
If you go to this link:
http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
and choose Dinsdag 19/04 13u then about 15 1/2 minutes into the news there's a small piece on Philippe and Mathilde's trip to the World War II Memorial. Mathilde is handed flowers from a bystander (or at least some guy) who's congratulating her on her pregnancy, and who also gives her two t-shirts: one for Elisabeth and one for Gabriel.

Thanks so much for the video! I'm just starting to follow Phillippe and Mathilde so it is great to be able to see them some!
 
You're welcome Hannelore and Marezdote :).

And thank you Hannelore and pdas for the wonderful photos. I agree with you Danielle and Dennism that the pictures of the two of them are really sweet :).
 
StefanievonRantzau said:
Mathilde will visit Georgetown University today and speak at a conference on Microfinance:

In honor of the United Nations' International Year of Microcredit, Georgetown University hosts a half-day conference exploring the future, challenges and innovations in microfinance. A joint effort between students of the McDonough School of Business, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and Georgetown Public Policy Institute, the conference aims to connect students and policymakers in an educational forum about the field of microfinance. Events begin at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday April 19, 2005 in Georgetown's ICC Auditorium.

...The conference will conclude with remarks from Her Royal Highness, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Emissary to the International Year of Microcredit.

http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?ID=2083http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?ID=2083

my cousin studies International Relations at Georgetown, hrm. what are the chances that she was actually at that conference?btw. Mathilde does look like she's showing doesn't she? But then again she is 4 months along into her pregnancy, and I suppose she's bound to start showing at this stage. It also looks as though she's done something to her hair, or am I just imagining it?
 
Lovely pictures of this wonderful couple! Thanks to everyone for all these beautiful pics!
 
Mette2 said:
At:
http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
under Woensdag 20/04 and about 27 minutes into the news there's a small clip of Philippe and Mathilde visiting the university.

There are 5 Belgian students studying at this university who got the chance to speak to Mathilde. They said she was very relaxed, spontanuous and friendly. She said she was thrilled to be pregnant, but also feeling a little tired.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom