Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dotn like to diss someone's wedding look, but one of the points I didn't like was the veil. It looked far too thin, and IMO too long...
There was a shot before she walked in where she turned around and the veil looked like it was too much fabric bunched around her arms; It made me wonder if it was too heavy and too much material. I think it wouldnt be seen as too long if the train was longer; it comes off as too much space between the end of the train and the end of the veil. Either way the veil was beautiful but I don't think a veil should be the center piece of any wedding look especially to the detriment of the dress. They should compliment each other or the dress should be the center piece.

I loved Meghan's dress. The simplicity was perfect in my eyes. It was her second wedding and she did not look like she was trying to be an innocent youth. And thank goodness she wasn't trying to be disney princess. She looked like a mature woman getting married for true love.

Meghan's veil had the flora of all the countries of the Commonwealth. How was the order of where to put what country's flower in what order decided upon?

I thought Meghan looked perfect and the flower detail on the veil was a great idea. But would I wear her choice? No, but it's all about suiting the person concerned. I'd look like a dog's dinner in it. Meghan looked divine.

Lady Davina Windsor is my favourite of the whole and extended royal family.

Meghan's veil had the flora of all the countries of the Commonwealth. How was the order of where to put what country's flower in what order decided upon?

I doubt that we'll see that type of information released unless Meghan's wedding attire is featured in an exhibit.

I've been expecting something to come up about her dress being on display..can't wait to see closer pics of it and the gorgeous veil.

LaRae

An article about the boost to Windsor.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/royal-wedding-tourist-destination

For example, since the wedding took place in May, Windsor Castle’s bookings have increased by a whopping 92 percent. Though really, this isn’t a huge surprise for those who oversee tourism in the United Kingdom, including Patricia Yates, from VisitBritain.

“It’s the fairy story of an American girl marrying a British prince,” she told the Telegraph after the wedding celebration. “We expect it to lead to a boost in tourists coming over in the weeks and months ahead, who will then travel to our heritage sites across Britain.”

I think what she’s saying is the big news would be if there wasn’t an increase in visits. It also states Britain’s unusually hot summer and low £ have also contributed.

Let’s keep this thread about the wedding dress. Any further discussion about the wedding and tourism should be discussed here.

Harry and Meghan's wedding outfits will go on display at Windsor Castle in a special exhibition A Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, from 26 October 2018 to 6 January 2019 and at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh from 14 June to 6 October 2019, @RCT confirms

As well as Meghan's Givenchy dress, Queen Mary's 1932 diamond and platinum bandeau tiara will also be on display, along with the 5m-long veil, embroidered with flowers from the 53 Commonwealth countries plus Wintersweet, which grows at KP, and the Californian poppy...

FYI, Harry's actual wedding outfit, the Blues and Royals frockcoat uniform by Dege and Skinner, will NOT be on display as he's still using it. Instead an identical uniform made a few years ago will be shown at the exhibition.

Via Emily Nash

ITV article: http://www.itv.com/news/2018-08-29/harry-and-meghans-wedding-outfits-to-go-on-display/

Last edited:
I wonder why they’re waiting so long to put it on display. This is a whole year after the wedding.

It goes on display 2 weeks after Eugenie's wedding at Windsor Castle.

Harry and Meghan married in May 2018. The exhibition at Windsor begins in October this year and goes until January next year. That's not in a year's time.

Oh October 2018 to Jan 2019. But still that’s not prime tourist season. Basically the dead of winter.

They probably hoping it brings more tourist to the town. They have been very busy since the wedding. If it does well then that is a win/win. I have a feeling it will. Nice that the tiara will be on display. They say the 1st time it has ever been.

They probably hoping it brings more tourist to the town. They have been very busy since the wedding. If it does well then that is a win/win. I have a feeling it will. Nice that the tiara will be on display. They say the 1st time it has ever been.

Didn't Kate's dress also go on display with the Cartier Tiara?

How long was Kate's dress displayed for?

I think she means it’s the first time for that particular tiara. Kate’s dress and tiara, along with her wedding cake went on display over the summer after her wedding in 2011.

BP broke a visitor record with 600,000 people. The previous record was 420,000 set in 1994.

Last edited:
Lots of Britons visit Windsor Castle in the Xmas/New Year, when rooms in the castle will be decorated for the season. And there's plenty of time in future years for the outfits to be displayed in BP, KP and elsewhere. Who knows, with the huge interest in the Harry/Meghan wedding in the US there may well be an exhibition there as well.

That is great news! Hoping I can get out there to see it!

I think it makes sense to go on display after Eugenie's wedding and at the start of the autumn season. I also like its going to Edinburgh after for the summer season and not just staying near to London.

I did not know Meghan's viel had the California poppy and Wintersweet that grow at KP embroidered into the veil along with the flowers from 53 flowers from the commonwealth.

That's a lovely personal touch.

I am looking forward to see how they display the veil. I hope everyone is able to get a close look at it.

The viel truly was the centrepiece of her wedding outfit.

That veil was exquisite ...one of the top royal wedding veils of all time.

LaRae

That’s veil was simply maginificent. It’s good to see the veil actually get the center piece. It was dramatic, but also had the lightness a dress train wouldn’t have. It looked like she was floating up the steps as she arrived. I’m glad it’ll be both near London and Scotland.

Lots of Britons visit Windsor Castle in the Xmas/New Year, when rooms in the castle will be decorated for the season. And there's plenty of time in future years for the outfits to be displayed in BP, KP and elsewhere. Who knows, with the huge interest in the Harry/Meghan wedding in the US there may well be an exhibition there as well.

The wedding brought a lot of interest to Windsor Castle which isn't as widely know to most non-uk based people as Buckingham Palace

Though Windsor has always been a popular stop for tourist apparently there have been record breaking tourism in Winsdor since the wedding. They real figures will be released next year but many have noted Windor has been much more popular and busy than it has been in years.

I believe there were comments from officials even before the wedding (after St. George’s was announced as the location) that tourism was up and people were making a beeline for the chapel. It’ll be interesting to see how long it can be sustained with the dress being displayed there. I won’t be able to make it to Windsor during that time, but definitely a stop in Scotland for my European vacation next year.

There haven several reports that tourism has increased as a direct result of the wedding. I imagine that with Meghan’s exquisite wedding dress, veil & the splendid Queen Mary’s bandeau tiara, along with Harry’s uniform there will be even more tremendous response.

“since the wedding took place in May, Windsor Castle's bookings have increased by a whopping 92 percent”.
https://www.businessinsider.com/windsor-is-now-the-uks-most-popular-tourist-attraction-2018-8

Back
Top Bottom