Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poor Alexia, she never seems to have a great time during these Lech Photosessions. She was crying last year too!

Alexia seems to be really bothered by all the fuss, good thing that Amalia has the personality to handle all the phot-ops she will be exposed to as she gets older. Hopefully we can get some pictures this year without Alexia crying. She seems like a very emotional child, IMHO. I hope Ariane feels better, poor little thing seems to be sick a lot. The "A" team are beautiful girls.
Thanks for the great pictures!!

Amalia really seems to enjoy the skiing. Maybe her sisters will learn to like it more as they get older. These girls are so cute!

Great pictures! They seem like such a nice, normal family thet everyone would like to know.

marvellous photos!! they are having a lot of fun! thank you for all the pics!

The children are so sweet! Ariane is really the cutest right now. Alexia and Amalia are pretty girls.
Constantijn's kids are sweet too. Especially the youngest- Leonore!

Such great photos! Maxima looks good in purple. The color suits her. I love that she recycled the girls' outfits. That is such a normal and down-to-earth thing to do. They have such a beautiful family.

I agree, Maxima looked radiant in that purple ski outfit. Even her hair looks perfect. And Willem Alexander finally decided to change the colour of his jacket (always that blue one...)

Ariane's two teeth that are coming up are cute to see :). Apart from that I bel;ieve that Ariane is wearing a suit that was worn by Alexia before and Alexia is wearing one of Amalia. Add to that that I think Maxima's suit is recycled too and we Dutch have one more reason to look at our royal family and nod with approval (we can appreciate frugalness).

I believe little Ariane had been ill the day before or something like that, hence the crying.

Nice to see the family together, I wonder if Friso and family are there too and just don't attend the photosession or that they stayed in London.

RTL and NOS have some clips of the photoshoot online.

RTL, click here.

NOS, click here.

What are they saying in the interview portion??

What is the temp there? If its around 0c or a few degrees lower, the weather wouldn't be bad to have the kids ears uncovered.

It would if they were in our -20c weather tho. :) -12c felt like a heat wave.

RTL and NOS have some clips of the photoshoot online.

RTL, click here.

NOS, click here.

Did I understand correctly that the guy talking in the first video from RTL said that the youngest daughter of the princes is called Alexia? My dutch isn't very well so I'm not sure, but that's what I thought I understood. That would have been an awful mistake :bang:
I think Alexia is more a Latina girl who likes the sun and the beach, because she sure looked much happier during the Argentina photoshoot a couple of weeks ago. Seems like she thinks the snow is way too cold :flowers: Amalia is such a sweet big sister!

Last edited:
In the tv clip , isnt that a bit dangerous what the prince did, having his daughter on his shoulder when he had his ski's on , what if he had fallen over ?
but it was nice to see the family .

interview

The prince is talking in the interview about Amalia. He said that Amalia had her first ski lessons last year and that she really likes it. She was angry because she had to stay downthere for the photosession. She wanted to go to the piste. The prince also said that he convinced maxima finally that she could really go to ski outside the pistes. She never skied before she married Willem-Alexander.
Princess Ariane was a little bit ill. She didn't sleep well her mother said. So thats why she was crying. Alexia also cried because it was cold.

In the rtl news they indeed make a misstake. He is talking about Ariane, but calls her Alexia.

The prince also said that he convinced maxima finally that she could really go to ski outside the pistes. She never skied before she married Willem-Alexander.
quote]
Well should you really ever ski outside the pistes? I thought it is far to dangerous because of the avalanges!

The prince also said that he convinced maxima finally that she could really go to ski outside the pistes. She never skied before she married Willem-Alexander.
quote]
Well should you really ever ski outside the pistes? I thought it is far to dangerous because of the avalanges!

It is not dangerous, if you take a good guid with you. And they obviously do as Alexander mentioned it in the interview.

Between the photos are sooo great. The children are so cute:wub: and I love it to see Beatrix so relaxed and so affectionate with her grandchildren. :flowers:

According to www.royalblog.nl Carmen Zorreguieta has been spotted in Lech too.

The blog also writes that Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander actually go to the supermarket themselves and that Willem-Alexander likes to cook, especially pasta.

The reporters also asked how Amalia liked school. Maxima said that the first week she was still excited but the second week she started to complain that she had to go out of bed so early each day. But school is going well, Amalia made new friends and the teacher is great.

Edit: I just saw RTL Boulevard, apparently Renee Roell is also in Leh (the Queen went skiing with her after the photosession was over) and Willem-Alexander actually awnsered what they gave his mother for her birthday: a book with pictures of her art works.

Apparently Amalia wore a helmet at home for a week, to get used to it as she has to wear it while skiing. Maxima also said that this would probably be the last skiing holiday with the Queen as in the future Amalia can not skip school anymore (this year she is not oblidged to go yet).

Last edited:
it is really diffiuclt to imaging them in the supermarkets and i presume with bodyguards!

What a lovely family and how beautiful the children are. I always wonder why Friso, Mabel and their children are not present in such occasions.

I simply have to echo this..... I would have liked to see little Luana with them. She seems to be such a doll, albeit a bit shy (although in the two pics taken with with her grandmother - with Zaria and the one with all the grandkids last year- she looked positively naughty and h-a-p-p-y) . If I'm not mistaken, they were not in the Lech photosession last year, too. Too bad! I can always hope, though.

Lovely pics, translation of the interview, and links, many many thanks! Countess Eloise is really growing on me (not that I didn't like her before).:wub:

Last edited:
Poor Princess Maxima doesn't look too happy in some of the clips. She seemed worried about little Princess Ariane's crying.

Back
Top Bottom